I'm pretty surprised that anyone likes Siobhan.
Lol sorry Mercury, I just don't like her style of singing. I have to agree with brvheart. I'm not denying she has talent, I just don't think she knows how to use it. They always rip on her for not being "current" and I have to agree. She will never be a REALLY successful artist with that type of singing because she is only going to attract a certain group of fans. Its like you are either going to love her or hate her. For me I would be content shutting off my tv everytime she sang. Just my opinion...I don't think Mike has any chance to win this, but I can see why they used the save. He definitely has more talent than a few of the other remaining contestants that are getting more votes.I thought it would be fun to list in order who should be voted out next. Once again, just my opinion9. Tim8. Andrew7. Siobhan6. Aaron5. Mike4. Katie <-- she moved up big time for me with last week's performance. Best yet and showed HUGE potential. I had her in my bottom 2 before that.3. Crystal2. Lee1. Casey I think the top 3 are pretty close right now so I didn't really list them in any particular order. I do think Lee or Casey will be the winner though.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's really interesting that Casey almost didn't even make it to Hollywood. Didn't Simon vote no on him?

Stuff about Siobhan
Oh, man...don't be sorry lol, I can totally see how someone might not like her. I thought her performance this week was about average for the week. I really do like most of her vocals, but I hate it when she channels Bjork and starts screeching. That and I just think she's freakin' hawt.And I agree with you (and most others) about Katie's performance last week: greatly improved and better than most of the others.I don't see Lee in the final 3, although I like his voice, but who knows...Casey and Crystal will be there, though, barring some more shocking vote totals.
Oh, man...don't be sorry lol, I can totally see how someone might not like her. I thought her performance this week was about average for the week. I really do like most of her vocals, but I hate it when she channels Bjork and starts screeching. That and I just think she's freakin' hawt.And I agree with you (and most others) about Katie's performance last week: greatly improved and better than most of the others.I don't see Lee in the final 3, although I like his voice, but who knows...Casey and Crystal will be there, though, barring some more shocking vote totals.
It is pretty difficult to predict because I don't think that this season anybody is really standing out from the others, or making themselves "relevant" as Simon likes to say. All of them seem to be rotating from week to week with good and bad performances. Casey, Crystal, and Lee are probably the most consistent, but who knows if any of them can take a step ahead of the rest.
I think it's really interesting that Casey almost didn't even make it to Hollywood. Didn't Simon vote no on him?
Wow I didn't know that (if true). I wonder how many talented people get passed on because of a bad song choice, bad performance at the audition, or just extreme nervousness?
Lol sorry Mercury, I just don't like her style of singing. I have to agree with brvheart. I'm not denying she has talent, I just don't think she knows how to use it. They always rip on her for not being "current" and I have to agree. She will never be a REALLY successful artist with that type of singing because she is only going to attract a certain group of fans. Its like you are either going to love her or hate her. For me I would be content shutting off my tv everytime she sang. Just my opinion...
You mean like Lady Gaga?
You mean like Lady Gaga?
Comparing Lady Gaga to Siobhan is a far stretch. Other than the fact that they both dress very uniquely and are unpredictable, they are nowhere close in terms of singing styles. Lady Gaga's music appeals to a much wider audience than Siobhan's would.
That's obviously because you've never had wild crazy oh my god dirty sweaty messy sex.
I do NOT get that vibe from Siobhan at all. I think Didi was the closet sex freak.
Comparing Lady Gaga to Siobhan is a far stretch. Other than the fact that they both dress very uniquely and are unpredictable, they are nowhere close in terms of singing styles. Lady Gaga's music appeals to a much wider audience than Siobhan's would.
Siobhan is better looking, has a better voice, is far more interesting and more everything else...than Lady Gaga.Lady Gaga got super lucky (probably) by sucking the right dicks and having someone bankroll her and create an image for her. If she writes anything more than a few words for some of her songs, I will be very surprised and don't go pointing at the writing credits on the albums, that is a BS indicator that could just as easily be a contractual obligation of the record company/producer/artist, etc...
I do NOT get that vibe from Siobhan at all. I think Didi was the closet sex freak.
See below:
I love Paint it Black, it's probably my favorite Stones song (not in any small part, due to the fact that it was the theme song for one of my favorite all time TV shows, Tour of Duty). But I didn't really like Siobhan. She lost the scream note at least two times, and it just didn't sound very good. The ending after the scream was great, she has a pure voice. I just don't like screaming. I didn't like it last year either, when everyone else seemed to love Adam... so at least I'm consistent.
I am not trying to be mean spirited or anything disrespectful... But when I read this, all I could think is that you have never had just wild crazy oh my god dirty sweaty messy sex. When I hear people like Adam Lambert or Siobhan sing and they look and sound like they are in that god awful but god amazing moment right before climaxing... it sends chils down my spine. I think this is what you are missing. It is the rawness, the animalistic quirky fantastic energy that is behind the singing that makes it great... not the technical notes.
JJJ was making an "inside" joke. He wasn't talking about Siobhan's sexuality at all.
Siobhan is better looking, has a better voice, is far more interesting and more everything else...than Lady Gaga.Lady Gaga got super lucky (probably) by sucking the right dicks and having someone bankroll her and create an image for her. If she writes anything more than a few words for some of her songs, I will be very surprised and don't go pointing at the writing credits on the albums, that is a BS indicator that could just as easily be a contractual obligation of the record company/producer/artist, etc...
I'm not denying any of what you wrote, but Lady Gaga puts out pop hit after pop hit. Lets face it, that is a huge audience. I personally hate her music. But I don't see Siobhan putting out anything close to that ever. Probably because of this ==> I will agree she is more talented though. With the right guidance and niche she could be successful, but NOT the Siobhan we have seen the last couple weeks on Idol.
JJJ was making an "inside" joke. He wasn't talking about Siobhan's sexuality at all.
I definitely missed that. But I am glad I had it pointed out.....Theresa.....wow.I am still a bit in shock that Casey has somehow become the front runner but there you go....
Have we heard any of Siobhan's music yet? I was under the impression I hadn't.
I'm not denying any of what you wrote, but Lady Gaga puts out pop hit after pop hit. Lets face it, that is a huge audience. I personally hate her music. But I don't see Siobhan putting out anything close to that ever. Probably because of this ==> I will agree she is more talented though. With the right guidance and niche she could be successful, but NOT the Siobhan we have seen the last couple weeks on Idol.
I think it's borderline insane to say that Siobhan is more talented than Lady Gaga.
I think it's borderline insane to say that Siobhan is more talented than Lady Gaga.
Why? One is a middling contestant on a weak season of American Idol and the other is a giant international success.Oh.

Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!Roma-Roma-ma-ah!Ga-ga-ooh-la-la!Want your bad romance

Why? One is a middling contestant on a weak season of American Idol and the other is a giant international success.Oh.
Why do the caterpillar and the ant have to be enemies? One eats leaves, and the other eats caterpillars. Oh, I see now.

As for the Lady Gaga comparison, I was simply trying to state that you don't need to sound great and you could be quirky and still have hit after hit.

Have we heard any of Siobhan's music yet? I was under the impression I hadn't.
If I'm not mistaken she sings every week on Idol.
If you are going simply by vocals, its not really insane at all. Lady Gaga puts out catchy tunes that really do not require any amazing vocals. Maybe she is an amazing vocalist, but I have yet to hear a single song that proves that to be true.
Nobody is comparing success. If you read my posts, I said comparing Lady Gaga and Siobhan is ridiculous, because of Gaga's success. That being said, I think Siobhan has better vocals than Lady Gaga does (based on what I have heard), but they are completely different artists. I don't think Siobhan will be successful with her current style because it won't appeal to a very large audience. Judges said the same thing week after week.

Besdies the howling of hot messy dirty sex... Siobhan reminds me more of a current day Cindy Lauper than a Lady Gaga. My top 4 picks in no order: Casey, Crystal, Lee and SiobhanBig Mike is just beneath them... However, I think there is a good chance that Tim will have a career... think Jonas Brothers and Justin Beiber, Tim may just be at the right place at the right time.

Andrew just needs to realize and embrace the fact that his station in life is to be a brown Rob Thomas.Someone needs to put him in touch with Santana immediately.

If I'm not mistaken she sings every week on Idol.
Are you kidding me here?You were talking about Lady Gaga's singing STYLE.... Her music, Her original songs.When did you mention her singing ability?When have we heard one of Siobhan's original songs, and what type of album she's going to release? What exactly is her style?
Are you kidding me here?You were talking about Lady Gaga's singing STYLE.... Her music, Her original songs.When did you mention her singing ability?When have we heard one of Siobhan's original songs, and what type of album she's going to release? What exactly is her style?
Big lips crazy.