I always watch this show in fast forward, but it seemed to me that Lambert looked shell shocked, do you guys think that is an accurate depiction?
I think if you look up "soul crushed" in the urban dictionary, his picture would be description.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She probably deserved to stay, but I was a little put off with her "exit interview." Saying things like, "I don't know what these people want." Just came across as a little too full of herself for not really having done anything that great.
I think she may have said that because the idiot judges say opposite things from one week to the next."You need to make the song your own" one week"You changed things too much" a week laterfor example...
I think she may have said that because the idiot judges say opposite things from one week to the next."You need to make the song your own" one week"You changed things too much" a week laterfor example...
No she actually said "what the American people want" or "what America wants" or something like that. I am confident that she was referring to the voters at home rather than the judges, but this is just from my memory.
No she actually said "what the American people want" or "what America wants" or something like that. I am confident that she was referring to the voters at home rather than the judges, but this is just from my memory.
I think you're right. To be fair, America is pretty retarded.

Nearly every single contestant is absolutely horrible with exception of 4, and those three aren't that good.Crystal doesn't make me sick but she belongs on a street corner collecting change and obsessionally crumpled, semen stained dollar bills from middle aged hippies.Didi sounds ok but she wants to be Ingrid Michelson, only Ingrid Michelson sounds far better.Andrew is sometimes decent but he's got one sound, and it get's tiring after awhile.Big Mike is ok but is like some mixture of Hootie from Hootie and the blowflish with the way he really dresses, LL. Cool J the way he's always liking his lips in an annoying, cocky, sickening manner, and some fat-ass whom I don't care to find an example of. For those of you who "like Alex"... wtf. That kid sounded horrible. Couldn't hold a note, (when he actually found the right one), was awkward as fuck and messed up the timing of every single lyric. So his voice, for the split second he would be on key and wasn't shaking or missing the beat, had a kind of unique "smoke". So what?Nearly every contestant this season has a problem "closing" a note. They have no control at the end of a phrase. Cept Big Mike and he's just decent.

Stones night. Really curious as to what they'll do. Will someone do Salt of the Earth?Who does what?
Under my Thumb would be a good choice for that Lee guy if he does the Social Distortion version. A few of the others could take it on too in the original style (Crystal, Casey maybe, etc) though I am not sure it would do them any favours.
WOW HE SURE LOOKS COOL IN THOSE SUNGLASSES
I thought this same thing. What's wrong with famous people? Can't anyone just be normal?

Who is Ryan? Oh, Seacrest! With the talent this year, he is a contender. Anyway... last year I was an Adam Lambert fan... so that is the hint. But overall... I am not that thrilled about this season.

Who is Ryan? Oh, Seacrest! With the talent this year, he is a contender. Anyway... last year I was an Adam Lambert fan... so that is the hint. But overall... I am not that thrilled about this season.
Umm...the chick they said reminded them of Lambert?If so, yeah she was good. I've liked her for awhile.
Are any of the guys gay this year? I pick that one.

I actually really enjoyed the show tonight. Some rambling thoughts: The only one I didn't like was Lacey. I didn't think Tim Urban sounded that bad, but he is still the weakest guy.Siobhan is awesome! Didi sounded great. I really like her voice, but I don't think her style of singing will boost her past Siobhan or Crystal.The young dude (forget his name) was really good. He showed a ton of confidence on stage which is a change from past weeks.I know some people will disagree with me, but I think the judges have been wrong with their critiques for Katie Stevens from the get go. She has an awesome voice and should be a front runner, but they keep messing with her telling her to do things she shouldn't. They actually gave her some positive feedback tonight, but they still treat her like she isn't even close to being great. I don't get it.Lee Dewyze is one of my favorites, but he needs to step it up. He keeps coming off like he thinks he isn't any good. Cut the crap and show some confidence ya pansy ass. Simon as usual was spot on with all of his critiques.

Umm...the chick they said reminded them of Lambert?If so, yeah she was good. I've liked her for awhile.
You know me so well. Actually, she was screechy and off but I loved the whole weird quirky performance.

Mike - I wasn't crazy about it but it was a good performance. I thought it was a little corny too.Didi - I kinda thought this was awesome but at points it seemed like she didn't know what she was doing and I don't know the song well enough to know if she made a mistake. Her voice sounded great with the song though. I still like her a lot.Casey - One handed guitar playing? That's new to me. Good song choice, good performance, I'm not wildly excited by it but I wouldn't mind hearing it again. Lacey - I don't like this song much, it's like the Stones equivalent of Eleanor Rigby. It makes me think of Randy Reed too. Doesn't work for Lacey in my opinion. She sings it ok but it doesn't suit her and I don't think it will thrill many viewers. Probably in trouble this week I'd say.Andrew - Umm.... this isn't his style at all. Not that he needs to be acoustic every week but this just doesn't feel comfortable. Very karaoke. Not keen on this.Katie - Ugh gross. I just won't ever like her. Tim - Oh he got my pick... and made it reggae? Ummm ok. I hate this arrangement. Waste of a good song. He's in trouble.Siobhan - Wueerrghhh... I don't know. Not my cup of tea, a little too weird for me. I wouldn't want to hear it again. The ending was really good though.Lee - Ick. Ryan shouldn't have said he was nervous, because I really noticed it and might not have if it hadn't been pointed out. It just felt uncomfortable for me.Paige - Some really good moments and some really trying-to-hard moments. There is potential there but I have no idea what kind of music she wants to do long term.Aaron - How ironic that his hometown is an anagram of noses-town?... because of his huge nose, hahaha. I feel very indifferent to his performance. It was "meh" to me.Crystal - Started a bit weak for me... I don't know. I didn't like this as much as I've liked her other performance. It kept switching from powerful to weak vocally. Not bad but not great for me.Here's a cool idea: Let's limit the judging for each judge to 10 words. Kara could have stopped after the first sentence of Casey's judging ".... this week you are a rockstar", I don't need to hear her ramble on for 3 more minutes.Word of the season: Sleepy

Mike - I wasn't crazy about it but it was a good performance. I thought it was a little corny too.Didi - I kinda thought this was awesome but at points it seemed like she didn't know what she was doing and I don't know the song well enough to know if she made a mistake. Her voice sounded great with the song though. I still like her a lot.Casey - One handed guitar playing? That's new to me. Good song choice, good performance, I'm not wildly excited by it but I wouldn't mind hearing it again. Lacey - I don't like this song much, it's like the Stones equivalent of Eleanor Rigby. It makes me think of Randy Reed too. Doesn't work for Lacey in my opinion. She sings it ok but it doesn't suit her and I don't think it will thrill many viewers. Probably in trouble this week I'd say.Andrew - Umm.... this isn't his style at all. Not that he needs to be acoustic every week but this just doesn't feel comfortable. Very karaoke. Not keen on this.Katie - Ugh gross. I just won't ever like her. Tim - Oh he got my pick... and made it reggae? Ummm ok. I hate this arrangement. Waste of a good song. He's in trouble.Siobhan - Wueerrghhh... I don't know. Not my cup of tea, a little too weird for me. I wouldn't want to hear it again. The ending was really good though.Lee - Ick. Ryan shouldn't have said he was nervous, because I really noticed it and might not have if it hadn't been pointed out. It just felt uncomfortable for me.Paige - Some really good moments and some really trying-to-hard moments. There is potential there but I have no idea what kind of music she wants to do long term.Aaron - How ironic that his hometown is an anagram of noses-town?... because of his huge nose, hahaha. I feel very indifferent to his performance. It was "meh" to me.Crystal - Started a bit weak for me... I don't know. I didn't like this as much as I've liked her other performance. It kept switching from powerful to weak vocally. Not bad but not great for me.Here's a cool idea: Let's limit the judging for each judge to 10 words. Kara could have stopped after the first sentence of Casey's judging ".... this week you are a rockstar", I don't need to hear her ramble on for 3 more minutes.Word of the season: Sleepy
Mike - completely agreeDidi - I don't really know the song, but I didn't notice that she lost her way in it at any point. I thought she was pretty great. I think her singing is what the judges wanted Megan Joy from last year to be like. Unique voice, but, you know, good.Casey - Seems to get more excited about playing the guitar than singing. He's good enough to last a while though.Lacey - Yeah, I was just thinking of Randy too.Andrew - I just don't think he's as talented as we all initially thought.Katie - Horrible. Might be gone this week, if not for...Tim - Lame. I don't much care for him.Siobhan - My favorite contestant singing my favorite Stones song. If I had a favorite Stones song. I didn't even know they sang this song until she started singing it. But I think everything about her is awesome.Lee - Yeah, way to go, Ryan. Let's highlight how nervous he is. Although I noticed it during his pre-song interview. But I actually like his singing.Paige - I suppose she could last a few weeks.Aaron - He was better than I wanted him to be (I wanted him to suck so he could go home).Crystal - I think she'll go far, but ultimately won't win because every week will sound like the week before. Bottom three - Tim, Katie, and Andrew. Tim goes home.
Did you have a bad day before the show started or something?And no clue on the chick on the left.

This show just keeps adding more and more suck to it. The judge comments are rehashed homefries from last week and are starting to turn bad.Best of the night, which isn't sayiong all that much: Crystal, who won't win, mainly because everyone thinks she should and she has the talent but she's much too good for this show about blandness.Siobhan. Although I wasn't crazy about the arrangement, I still think she's a terrific talent with a great, but unrefined, voice. She's too odd to win.Lee: Sure, Dave Matthews...whatever...he's a decent singer and was pretty good, nervous or not.Aaron...wtf?!? I have never liked this guy, but this was easily (imo) his best Idol performance thusfar and semi-redeemed himself.Didi: Nice menacing version of Play With Fire...definitely one of the better performances of the nightEveryone else was stink, stank stunk normal or worse. Big Mike is hugely overrated and needs to whip out some Redding or Gaye and really WORK IT to get back in this.Katie continues to come off like someone pretending they can sing. Get rid of her and let her come back in a year or two. She'll be fine then.Lacey and the others...all touchy-feely homepsun homily aside, goddamn, how did you all make it this far? And the voting public got rid of Todrick in favour of these people? No wonder the Billboard charts look so ****ing retarded.

Why do you ask that?
You seemingly hated everyone.I thought Siobian was awesome, and Crystal was damn good too. Katie can sing too, I find it funny that Randy says she's pitchy when she outsang everyone who went before her. It's like they only tell the good singers that they're pitchy. Whether or not you like her song choices, or face, or whatever, she had an really bad outing last week, but was good again last night. The guys were decent enough, but not great. Lacey was the only real stinker, and I actually liked her performance last week, but I can't see her sticking around now. Casey was pretty boring too I guess. Early on I really thought he'd be doing more by now.