I agree the last girl didn't sound pitchy at all. When Kara said "when you go back and listen to it you'll hear it" my mom and I (yeah I watched it with my mom) said no you'll hear she wasn't pitchy when you go back and hear it Kara you bitch. Nothing tonight sounded "great" but I liked a few of the performances. The girl with grey hair did great, and so did the other girl that sounded like her. I also thought the blond that went 3rd and the redhead both sucked big time but had good potential. I thought the smiley black girl did really well, and I love watching her because she looks so happy all the time, but something about her, I don't know if it's the lisp, but she just sounds like a child in her singing, and it kind of bugs me.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first three girls were zero energy. Then came the quirky girl with straight blonde hair. She was pretty cool. The skinny black girl was strong too perhaps the best vocal of the nite. I liked the girl who during Hollywood did the song written by Kara - quirky in a Megan Joy kind of way (only better). The girl who sang "I wanna hold your hand" was too happy, and I sort of get the comments about the tone of her voice. The lisp dries me nuts. I 100% agreed with the judges about the last girl. Great voice, but she seemed like she was playing gorwn up. I didn't like most of the Chris Isaak song from the girl with the eyebrows (chrozzo is gonna love her). It started out as a total fail and turned OK. And the coffee house chick is OK, a little too "Indie-arrogant" for me.

The first three girls were zero energy. Then came the quirky girl with straight blonde hair. She was pretty cool. The skinny black girl was strong too perhaps the best vocal of the nite. I liked the girl who during Hollywood did the song written by Kara - quirky in a Megan Joy kind of way (only better). The girl who sang "I wanna hold your hand" was too happy, and I sort of get the comments about the tone of her voice. The lisp dries me nuts. I 100% agreed with the judges about the last girl. Great voice, but she seemed like she was playing gorwn up. I didn't like most of the Chris Isaak song from the girl with the eyebrows (chrozzo is gonna love her). It started out as a total fail and turned OK. And the coffee house chick is OK, a little too "Indie-arrogant" for me.
i dont think she has a lisp as much as really ugly lips

My opinions:Paige - Credit for her being the first of the first of the first. I think it showed that she was a bit nervous. Bad song choice, but she did what she could with it and showed some chops.Ashley - Gorgeous girl but the song was a poor choice. It is very stripped back and requires a strong, confident performance, which she didn't quite deliver. Janell - I didn't like the song choice, again - she doesn't have a big voice, her best bet is softer, singer-songwriter type songs. That will showcase her personality which is a big advantage for her, and make her squeaky, cute voice sound better.Lilly - Very interesting and original. I dug it, but she needs a makeover (I'd like darker hair, maybe a rusty red colour, to offset her pale skin). Could be a contender if she keeps this style up.Caitlin - I wasn't crazy about the song (very standard 50s style fare) but I liked what she did with it. She definitely showed her voice and I would like to see more from her. I agreed with Kara she looked a bit over-done with the make up. She has big hair, her face shouldn't try to fight it.Hayley - She is cute, I think she should have a show on Disney or something. She yells a bit sometimes with the bigger notes, which grates on my nerves a little. She made the song a bit different but maybe too different - it wasn't a great base for her style, and it became rather messy and convoluted. I think she should do something like Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On, more upbeat.Lacey - I hate that hair. Weird song choice (Don't get me wrong, I love Fleetwood Mac). I don't think this performance will be very memorable, and I don't know what it said about her. This wasn't awful, her voice is pretty good, but it just didn't have any wow factor. Not a good first impression.Michelle - This old chestnut? Her voice isn't as powerful as she thinks it is. She tried to make it a bit different but I don't think she really made it her own. There were clumsy moments.Didi - I love the tone of her voice. She is a bit Regina Spektor-ish. Good song choice, but ugly crochet vest. I think she could go deep in the competition, but this type of girl never seems to win (only chicks with big voices have won so far, right?)Siobhan - I love this song, it's such a sexy song. Very unusual song choice, I thought she did well by it and it showed she can do a slower song, but I prefer her singing a bigger song like in her final Hollywood audition. This performance might not be so memorable. ETA: I'd love to hear her singing Black Velvet by Alannah Myles.Crystal - Can't wait to see what she does in theme weeks. Right now she seems like a favourite, but she won't always be able to do her own style in this competition. I still love her voice and her musicality. Good song choice because it's recognisable and showed the tone of her voice well. Katie - She looks like one of those girls from an episode of "My Super Sweet Sixteen". There is just something irksome about her for me and I find her a little obnoxious. What an indulgent song choice. She seems very over confident to me, even a little cocky. She has a voice and all (she yells the top notes a bit though), but her personality majorly turns me off. I want her gone, soon. I was happy when the judges kinda burst her bubble, tee hee hee.Too many Beatles songs this week, what the hell?Lacey is my prediction for first out. My favourite girls are still Didi, Crystal, and I'll throw in Lilly (with makeover) and Siobhan (with sedation).

I managed to see a few performances during intermissions of the hockey game. Only one I saw that I thought was really good was Michelle. She sang the same ol' Alicia Keys song that all women with a solid voice tend to sing at this stage. She did it well and I think she'll only get better as time goes on. She also seems to have a great personality & good looks, I think she'll go pretty far.

Orginality was sorely lacking last night. Very few had even a hint of "different" in their arrangements, which is exaclty why most got roasted for it. I'm rooting for Siobhan and Bowersox and a couple of others I can't recall the names of at this point. I also really dig the looks of the two caramel gals (Ashley and Michelle?)

Oh good, somebody did a list that I can cheat off of.

PaigeAshleyJanellLillyCaitlinHayleyLaceyMichelleDidiSiobhanCrystalKatie
Here's how I experienced the show:Let's see who will be going last...17 year old Katie. Hmm, I think she was good in Hollywood; is she one of the favorites?Ok, here we go...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*wakes up* Goddamn, Kara is sexy.Lilly? Is she good enough to be quirky good? No, not yet."Singing I Want to Hold Your Hand..." Oh good, I like this song. *a few seconds later* Oh no. Fleetwood Mac sang this song first? Huh, I didn't know th-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"Singing Fallin' by Alicia Keys..." Prediction: she will try to sing it like Alicia Keys and she will not quite live up to it, making her look worse than she is. Aaaaand: check.Didi - yeah, I kinda liked her. I like that she sang...um, she sang...what did she sing?Siobhan - lol @ what's a dark horse? I somewhat enjoyed her.Crystal - I like her, but I agreed with Simon. I'm also not sure how her comment about never watching the show will play out with the voters.Katie - she probably has some "chops," but pretty meh. Which is probably a good description of the overall show. And the girls are supposed to be the stronger group? Yikes.

How in the hell do you guys (and gal) remember the damn names? I must be old. Anyway, a pic. Now someone with amazing photoshop or paint skill write the names on them.girls.jpgAlso, for what it's worth going through auditions I thought the field was weak but after last night I think the season has a ton of potential. Nothing mind blowing at this stage but a ton of room for improvement.

Now someone with amazing photoshop or paint skill write the names on them.girls.jpg
Left to right:Crystal, Janell, Paige, Ashley, Caitlin (back), Hayley (front), Didi (back), Lacey (front), Lilly, Katie, Michelle, Siobhan
Lacey is my prediction for first out.
And Hayley.

I'd have to agree on Haley and Lacey then.Crystal- I really loved the harp and vibe but that's my genre.Janell- Don't do Heart. Only Allison has ever been able to pull that off. If you watch the show it's sure fire way of getting booted.Didi- What Goodwill store parted with the sweater? I agree with LG on the rest as well.

Todrick - Cool adaptation, very brave, but the singing was a little dodgy in parts, particularly the low notes which he struggled with. Very cool performer, I want to see more from him.Aaron - Ew, he is so ugly with that nose. Oh no, not another lame ballad guy. I can see him singing this kinda cheesy shit every week. Okay voice but I'm not interested. Go home, nose-boy. Why do the judges love this pure corn? They are jizzing all over him.Jemaine - Lol @ the corsage. Those are for wimmin. Whoa hot mess. His higher notes are more like wailing than singing, and he can't seem to find a note and stick to it. The pitch is all over the place. Tim - His falsetto is weak, he shouldn't bother with it. In fact he should avoid it at all costs. I love this song but he makes it really shitty. Little girls will fancy him like crazy though, he's got a Zac Efron look.Joe - Who? I don't know the song. It's a bit of a rough performance. I don't think he will be memorable. I don't expect him to make the top 12 by a long way.Tyler - Top notes are a bit strained. I love this style of music but I'm not convinced that he pulls it off. I'm happy to see more from him, he is very intriguing, but I agree that he is very much a throwback and I wonder if there is more to him than that. I want to see the authenticity behind his style. He seems like a nice boy.Lee - I don't remember this guy from auditions. His little ginger beard makes me giggle though. I'm not a fan of this style he does (The Fray, Snow Patrol etc - I call it "whinerock"). He tried to do something different with it but I thought it went terribly. He was very off-key in the chorus, and changed the melody so much that it didn't make sense. Wow, I disagree with Simon... that is unusual, but whatever, he can be wrong.John - Very interesting song choice. It's very tough to sing, and I don't think he pulled it off. Wrong style for his voice. I still don't know what to expect from him, or what kind of artist he wants to be. (Ha, I wrote this before Simon's comments and he said the same)Michael - I didn't think this was his style. Can't hear his acoustic guitar at all, wondering if it's really just for appearance (I know that is cynical). Good voice but I'm not eager to hear more. I expect he'll stick around long enough for me to decide if I dig him or not.Alex - What is with the mullet? This song is too low for his range during the verses, it's uncomfortable. I like the huskiness of his voice but he doesn't sell his performance. He needs to pay attention to the lyrics and make it sound like he means them when he sings. Clumsy performance and he will probably be in trouble.Casey - I so want him to start dating Kara, that would be funny (Oh, so she's married, that's a shame). The judges being silly at the start must have been seriously distracting for him, he kept his focus though. Interesting version of the song but it's still pretty boring. His voice sounded decent though, he'll get through for sure.Andrew - Don't care about his family. Not a fan of the song, but I like his style. Having said that, his acoustic style really emphasised how nonsensical the lyrics are to that song, so it didn't work for me in that respect. I hope he stays around though.Other thoughts:Quit rambling Ellen, gosh. She must be driving the producers batty trying to keep the show on schedule.

Andrew...his acoustic style really emphasised how nonsensical the lyrics are to that song, so it didn't work for me in that respect.
The thing is, LG, Pete Wentz seems to most like a half-measure-EMO bullshit artist with no talent outside soaking fat little attention-seeking girls straight through their mall-bought leggings. But you have to desect them and look more closely, and I promise you that almost every line of every quote is as special and important as every one of those wet-legginged EMO heifers. Take for instance this quote I found while preying on some nonprivate Myspaces:fhs.pngNow, just the other day I was sitting with nice glass of top-picked apple juice, which is well-worth its premium, just sipping and thinking. And it occurred to me, why won't anyone date the prettiest, funniest, most tolerable girls? Why are pleasant qualities so disgusting to us? And then it hit me like a sack of low-hanging, garbage-juice apples to the noggin: tree-climbing. Bam. (But sit around and wait, ladies. Someone will build up enough courage to nail you before your ovaries start to spoil, if you have patience.)

Everyone needs to get better.FallOut Boy was a horrible choice, and he even picked their worst song. I think Casey was the best of the day. Nobody was great though. Rooting for Lee, as he's decent and from Chicago, although there's like 3 guys from the area, which seems like a lot considering how bad the Chicago auditions were. (Granted Todrick was through Atlanta)

Would anyone care to make a wager and give me decent odds on a bet? I'll take either Jermaine Sellers or Andrew Garcia over the field.
I'll take the field against Jermaine Sellers.Also, I'm starting to hate Ellen. The judging drags way too much. They should just have 3 judges again.