I keep seeing "wow factor" mentioned. The guy who won last season had pretty much 0 "wow factor."Nothing of note happened in tonight's episode. I have always had a crush on Shania Twain though. She still does it for me.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing "wow factor" mentioned. The guy who won last season had pretty much 0 "wow factor."Nothing of note happened in tonight's episode. I have always had a crush on Shania Twain though. She still does it for me.
Very good point about last years winner. Have you heard from him much though? Adam Lambert is quite the infamous superstar now. And yes, last night sucked.

Took me ages to remember who won American Idol this year...Chicago was disappointing. I didn't care for any of the acts. Sob story about the ill girl at the end really left me cold. The worst was that 16 year old, the short skirt and blonde hair couldn't hide the fact that she is ugly, and her over the top riffing didn't hide the weakness of her voice. I don't expect to see her in the final.

These guys are the winners of the UK version of X-factor, the show Simon will be hosting instead of American Idol after this season.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6no1lacQA...layer_embedded#ugh, really?
No, they are not.The winner in their season was this guy.Jedward were in the show because they were gimmicky and Irish. Essentially, they were put into the finals because they would be controversial - a lot of young people loved them, most people hated them, some people loved to hate them. They are undoubtedly terrible, but the public vote kept them in the running for about half the live shows before they were finally eliminated. Also, you know Leona Lewis, the coloured English chick who sings Bleeding Love and those kinda songs? She was the winner in season 3, and is now a credible singer who is popular not only in the UK but in the USA and beyond.What I'm saying is, The X Factor isn't just full of untalented novelty acts like Jedward, they were an exception and they didn't come close to winning. It has turned out a few decent singers and one star (Leona). Don't write it off.As for American Idol vs X Factor, I will say that I like the way the X Factor allows groups to compete, as well as older people (as in people above the age limit of Idol, which is in the late 20s I believe). You get a lot more diversity with the addition of these categories of contestants.

Is it just me or is this shaping up to be one of the most boring seasons?So far there's nobody I'm totally digging and even the terrible people are just meh.

Is it just me or is this shaping up to be one of the most boring seasons?So far there's nobody I'm totally digging and even the terrible people are just meh.
I think we have to wait until the competition part of the show starts before we consider it a boring season. I hear a lot of people wanting someone to have the star quality that Adam Lambert had. People are expecting too much there will never be someone like that guy on the show again.I thought it was cool that the guy with tourette's could sing.On Tuesday the girl that cried during Sanjaya's performance tried out but they gave her about 2 seconds of TV time. I thought Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, and Doogie Howser M.D. were all very good guest judges. I'd rather have any of them over Ellen.
It's too early to say it's a boring season. Let's wait and see :club:
So far, this is my view. There have definitely been some good ones, but sooooo many Hollywood pity stories that just aren't that good. Fwiw though, I didn't think last year was going to be good either. Come to think of it, last year wasn't really that good. Anoop, blind guy, Meagan (although she was quite hot).I hope though that some of them can play instruments. That made a lot of the bad ones at least tolerable.

The audition shows definitely have not been as good as the audition shows last year, so I can agree there. I agree with outsider about the pity stories. I don't need to hear about how someone doesn't have parents or that their parents are divorced in order to like them as singers. Also, am I supposed to feel sorry for someone if they are a dad? Like these guys bring pictures of their kids, they start crying, the piano starts going in the background. WTF? lolLike I said I can't start really judging the show until the competition aspect starts though

I thought Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry, and Doogie Howser M.D. were all very good guest judges. I'd rather have any of them over Ellen.
Hmm, I missed these two somehow.I thought the jazz singing woman who sang her own song in Dallas was great vocally, surprised Simon said no but I think they were just playing up the rivalry between him and NPH.A few people they let in from Dallas I thought were weak. The blonde chick with divorced parents and a little brother, she wasn't good enough. Same with the last girl, who had leukemia as a child. I didn't think she was very good. Still hating the sob stories, also.

I was really impressed with Katy Perry. I have no idea who she is, but she was funny and very very pretty.

I was really impressive with Katy Perry. I have no idea who she is, but she was funny and very very pretty.
really? You must not listen to current music. Like ever.
The audition shows definitely have not been as good as the audition shows last year, so I can agree there. I agree with outsider about the pity stories. I don't need to hear about how someone doesn't have parents or that their parents are divorced in order to like them as singers.
I know it's like watching the olympics...
really? You must not listen to current music. Like ever.
Is Tom Petty current?
Is Tom Petty current?
No.I like Tom Petty though.Just Katy Perry had 2 or 3 songs last year that were played over and over and over. It is suprising that you haven't heard of her. She is the Lady Gaga of 2008.