Today was the Hare Krishna parade in Venice Beach, or as I like to call it "ideology day". As far as cult parties go, this is a good one. They have these elaborate floats that they push down the boardwalk, and a whole host of people in pseudo-indian garb dancing and singing. The funny thing is that following the floats down the boardwalk are these hard-core christian guys with megaphones, yelling at them about how they are going to hell. "You're not getting reincarnated as a butterfly, or a dog, or anything, you are GOING TO HELL." This would be totally hilarious if it wasn't also annoying and rude. Do these guys really think this is an effective way to get their message across? What do Christians think of this kind of behavior? Some pics... photo2.jpgphoto4.jpgphoto5.jpgphoto3.jpg

If you dont believe in God you are going to hell to spend eternity in torture. The fact that you may or may not be a good person with another relegion has nothing to do with this fact. Its time that you accept this and convert,

How brilliant would it be if The Internet was following behind the Christians and protesting their protest? (It would be somewhat brilliant, that's how brilliant it would be.)20080210-d0222.jpg

How brilliant would it be if The Internet was following behind the Christians and protesting their protest? (It would be somewhat brilliant, that's how brilliant it would be.)
There was a kid who brought a big sign that said "I'm with stupid" and walked up next to the Christians to snap a picture.Also, the web site printed on that preacher's sign does not exist.
Today was the Hare Krishna parade in Venice Beach, or as I like to call it "ideology day". As far as cult parties go, this is a good one. They have these elaborate floats that they push down the boardwalk, and a whole host of people in pseudo-indian garb dancing and singing. The funny thing is that following the floats down the boardwalk are these hard-core christian guys with megaphones, yelling at them about how they are going to hell. "You're not getting reincarnated as a butterfly, or a dog, or anything, you are GOING TO HELL." This would be totally hilarious if it wasn't also annoying and rude. Do these guys really think this is an effective way to get their message across? What do Christians think of this kind of behavior? Some pics... photo2.jpgphoto4.jpgphoto5.jpgphoto3.jpg
Yeah, no chance that the Christianity leads to any extremism. None whatsoevah...
Also, the web site printed on that preacher's sign does not exist.
Oh it exists, he simply spelled it incorrectly. Pluralize that shit, and you will find yourself at a website that right-off-the-bat is gonna let you know that homo sex is sin, and that God hates sin.It's very much his web page too - he's not just a random dude holding a sign. He just...forgot that his incredibly cheesy, elaborate, and hate-mongering website should be plural. EDIT: It's not plural, it's possessive. He forgot that his website's title should be possessive.
GOALS, OBJECTIVES AND MISSION OF THIS SITEThe PURPOSE of the Official Street Preacher's website is to be a douche and talk an awful lot about "homo sex."
[italicized portion is not a direct quote]

there was a guy outside the cardinals game on saturday with a megaphone or speakers or something telling all of us that we were sinners and that god was pissed. i really wanted to go up to him and tell him to shut the fuck up, but i didnt.

Yea, let's all pretend we like Hare Krishnas asking for money at the airports for the last 3 decades.Who didn't cheer when Leslie Neilsen beat them up in Airplane?

Oh it exists, he simply spelled it incorrectly. Pluralize that shit, and you will find yourself at a website that right-off-the-bat is gonna let you know that homo sex is sin, and that God hates sin.It's very much his web page too - he's not just a random dude holding a sign. He just...forgot that his incredibly cheesy, elaborate, and hate-mongering website should be plural. EDIT: It's not plural, it's possessive. He forgot that his website's title should be possessive.
You're right, that is him. What a fail misprinting the website on his sign. I wonder if it was also supposed to read "You're going to HEAVEN"
Yea, let's all pretend we like Hare Krishnas asking for money at the airports for the last 3 decades.Who didn't cheer when Leslie Neilsen beat them up in Airplane?
that was robert stack lol. movie trivia fail.
that was robert stack lol. movie trivia fail.
I guess I should google to make sure that I get every fact right?Nah, easier to let you guys do it. At least it will give you something to be right about.
Just like Crow... they aren't trying to actually help the Krishna's... they are going for the weak people listening but not speaking up.Hare Krishnas: Peace, love, butterfliesvb: ooh... that sounds good. I want to be a butterfly.Megaphone people: Butterflies will burn in hell.vb: Shit. That doesn't sound good.
there was a guy outside the cardinals game on saturday with a megaphone or speakers or something telling all of us that we were sinners and that god was pissed. i really wanted to go up to him and tell him to shut the fuck up, but i didnt.
untouchables1-1024.jpg"You're nothing but a bunch of talk and a badge*"* - minus the badge.
Just like Crow... they aren't trying to actually help the Krishna's... they are going for the weak people listening but not speaking up.Hare Krishnas: Peace, love, butterfliesvb: ooh... that sounds good. I want to be a butterfly.Megaphone people: Butterflies will burn in hell.vb: Shit. That doesn't sound good.
Maybe you're not familiar with the history of the Hare Krishna movement. They are basically a cult of criminals that pray on lost youths. I have no sympathy for them. The top guys in the 80s were a bunch of child molestors and drug dealers.
when it comes to airplane (or naked gun) yes you must. it's a sin to be wrong.
I....You...Dang it crow, you know I hate it when you are right :club:
i'm waiting to buy until they have a heaven for clunkers program
that's the only heaven that exists.
that's the only heaven that exists.
Had to google "clunkers programme", we have a similar scheme here. Maybe you will get discount depending on how large you are? Those Christians in the initial photo's would need to be extremely pious folk.Then again I suppose souls are like angels, neither take up much space.