"face The Ace" On Nbc Tonight

That is the dumbest example you ever could have come up with. If two people are all in with equal stacks, one of them is going to lose unless it is a split pot, thus it is -EV to the infinity power to call with AA.Horrible example. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while.
Bingo, could be split pot. So -ev it is not. However I will stop talking for awhile.
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo, could be split pot. So -ev it is not. However I will stop talking for awhile.
i mean, you just dont know what you're talking about. im really not trying to be rude

im surprised they didn't do anything special for the million dollar match. I was at least hoping for some dramatization... maybe bring out at wheel barrel of fake bills or something. Not once did I feel that the heads up match was for the Grand Prize. * The million dollar dude was so sour after he lost...

im surprised they didn't do anything special for the million dollar match. I was at least hoping for some dramatization... maybe bring out at wheel barrel of fake bills or something. Not once did I feel that the heads up match was for the Grand Prize. * The million dollar dude was so sour after he lost...
I thought he was rather composed. He said he was down, and seemed like he was, but if I had just lost a 200k buyin heads up match with 600k extra being thrown into the prize pool, and I only made 50k a year, I would have been much worse. Steve Sherpa may have needed my fist removed from his face after he asked what emotions I was going through.
Just cause something is +ev doesnt make it the right choice always.Please to be giving me an example of a play that is +ev but is not the "right choice" from a game theory point of view.
You're playing poker with 4 hot famous actresses. The cutest one is getting picked on by the other 3 about how she is the worst poker player and could never bluff anyone.You have middle set on flop, you bet, she raises you call. Turn is blank, repeat action, river is a blank and you check, she bets and you say: "I think you have me here, I'm laying down a monster, but I think you are really strong here." You show and fold, she shows the bluff and looks at you with great gratitude as she taks another shot and says; "Want me to give you some private lessons?"
You're playing poker with 4 hot famous actresses. The cutest one is getting picked on by the other 3 about how she is the worst poker player and could never bluff anyone.You have middle set on flop, you bet, she raises you call. Turn is blank, repeat action, river is a blank and you check, she bets and you say: "I think you have me here, I'm laying down a monster, but I think you are really strong here." You show and fold, she shows the bluff and looks at you with great gratitude as she taks another shot and says; "Want me to give you some private lessons?"
Good example
awesome-PS-- hot actresses takin shots- can I get an invite to your home game?
Seems to me this does have positive expected value.
Seems to me this does have positive expected value.
Dude, she's a terrible player..is probably drunk, and tried to bluff off her chips with no pair no draw against your middle set...Her lessons are going to be way -EV, even if they are private.Only way it would be a positive is if...oh

Everyone hates this show so much, LOL. I'm not a fan of it either, but it's not that terrible. As a poker show it really sucks, but I don't think that's even what it is. It's really just a game show. As a game show it's not that bad.

Oh and the second you saw Gavin, you could have turned off the cameras.. not a single person with a pulse could ever think Gavin was going to lose 125BBs deep against that mouth-breather.How could you, knowing you sucked at poker turn down a free $200k to walk away?How could you, knowing you were *good* at poker, turn down a free $200k to walk away?Part of the reason I could never watch Deal or no Deal. I spent 4 years in college cracking-out on stats and game theory. I hate people without a even a marginal grasp of either.
Yeah.... you were on crack then, and you're still on crack now. Quiz:What were the worst 4 years of Cappy37's life?Answer:Freshman year of college at On Line University of Bangalore.
Just cause something is +ev doesnt make it the right choice always.Please to be giving me an example of a play that is +ev but is not the "right choice" from a game theory point of view.
Ok, in the spirit of previous responses, here goes Playing in a home game with a badass gangster, youve already taken most of his roll when this happens, He flops 4 aces, you river a straight flush, do you say nice hand and fold, or ruin his whole day.

Finally got a chance to watch this...PAINFUL. Extremely painful to watch. I can't do it. Didn't even make it halfway through the first episode :club:

"Dead last place for the hour, trailing by far repeats of Finding Nemo and 48 Hours Mystery and a new episode of America’s Most Wanted which performed almost six times better than Face with adults 18-49."Finding Nemo WAS a great movie.