"face The Ace" On Nbc Tonight

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly….Steve Schirippa is a trainwreck and the last thing poker needs is to be associated with a “Wise Guy” type of personality (real or portrayed).The game has worked for years to rid itself of that type of stigma and to be brought into the mainstream in a positive light. It doesn’t make any sense, and as far as replacements; yes, Ali Nejad could do very well, Jason Alexander or even Brad Garrett or Gabe Kaplan. Any celeb who is in the poker spotlight could helm that show very nicely and make for somewhat interesting TV. It will take a few tweaks to tighten up the show, but there is some promise for fairly enjoyable viewing in a great timeslot. Lets hope someone makes the changes before the network pulls the chute.

Not bad, typical donkament poker. I wonder if the pros care enough to protect the show's money, they are 0-3. The $10k donation to charity wouldn't motivate me much being in their position.And I agree, get rid of the idiot hack hosting the show and let Ali handle it all.
I think this will be a problem going forward, if this show indeed does go forward.Lindgren seemed to be genuinely rooting for his opponent to win. If I were him, I would too. The 40K, and chance for more, means a ton more to that guy than 10K to charity for Erick. Wouldn't be surprised if Erick just donated the 10K anyway win or lose.
Totally thought he was someone else, wow. Thanks for the link and continuing to have no personality DCJ.
I liked the uncomfortableness of Phil Ivey trying to have a personality.
Yeah. I guess that Ivey and I are a lot alike.

My favorite part was when Ivey mentioned that he made the final table of the main event, and his opponent had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

For those of you haters...How quickly you forget Celebrity Poker Showdown
i was a lot more entertained by CPS than face the ace because the banter between celebs waspretty funny at times, as was foley making phil gordon uncomfortable with gay jokes. ended upnot mattering much that the poker itself was unwatchable.FtA should replace bobby bacala with foley
My favorite part was when Ivey mentioned that he made the final table of the main event, and his opponent had no idea what the hell he was talking about.
I'm pretty sure ivey said he was "going to win it" this year, and it was the voiceover announcer who said Ivey had made the final table. From PRR, gavin smith's appearance was filmed before the main event, so I assume the first episode probably was also.

lol okay so reading all of this I was like "there is no way the show can be as bad as they are talking about". Well I appologize....because I just watched 10 minutes of the first episode and I was in the wrong. That show is god awful. Agree with what everyone said about the host, he is by far the worst part of the show. And what was up with the first guy trying to be a dick? lol telling Ivey "I didnt see your name and picture on the wall an Binions" what a tool. I couldnt watch anymore after the first match.

and Heart Big Puss. The guy is funny (used to do those redic man in the street segments on Leno)
That is not Big Pussy from the Soprano's. That was Vincent Pastore. This guy played Bobby, who took care of Uncle Junior.I just watched this on hulu and it was ok. As everyone already mentioned, the first guy was not worth showing. The table banter was brutal to watch, he thought he was some tough guy or something and Phil was just trying to be nice. I have grown to like the second guy and hope he wins the million.

the pros will look like d*cks if they crush some shmo's dreams. u could sense it after howard asked the guy how long he has had those living arrangements.eye candy's line was nice, but i LOL'd when the terrible host said the basement dweller line.still, pretty brutal.

i watched the first two matches. they had to have been playing poorly on purpose and let them win. especially since they both made the same dumb mistake. the second one was especially bad as you could tell how well erik lindgren could read that guy. at least in the first one it seemed like phil ivey didnt give a shit.

i watched the first two matches. they had to have been playing poorly on purpose and let them win. especially since they both made the same dumb mistake. the second one was especially bad as you could tell how well erik lindgren could read that guy. at least in the first one it seemed like phil ivey didnt give a shit.
lol okay so reading all of this I was like "there is no way the show can be as bad as they are talking about". Well I appologize....because I just watched 10 minutes of the first episode and I was in the wrong. That show is god awful. Agree with what everyone said about the host, he is by far the worst part of the show. And what was up with the first guy trying to be a dick? lol telling Ivey "I didnt see your name and picture on the wall an Binions" what a tool. I couldnt watch anymore after the first match.
Im pretty sure he was just that dumb.....
Im pretty sure he was just that dumb.....
Yes, and I enjoyed his "hard" attitude and his quirky facial expressions(s/w). The expressions reminded me of Viffer on HSP.
Yes, and I enjoyed his "hard" attitude and his quirky facial expressions(s/w). The expressions reminded me of Viffer on HSP.
some parts are pretty funny...watch the shady guy's extreme viffer after he says he's gonna take the money.ivey when the host mentions friendly fire...'i'm between you here'...'so jonathon takes his first step'..
Megan Abrigomegan-abrigo3.jpgFor some reason I don't find her "THAT" good looking. Something about her face turns me off.
'Cause your.....ahem, gay?