"face The Ace" On Nbc Tonight

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the show yet.. Looks like you guys think it sucks. Is it worth it for me to watch an ep?

Show was REALLY hard to watch. They edit it really well so it looks like its non stop, I'd bet a lot of money the first match didn't last 3 hands. In howards match they played 2 hands of 500/1000, 1 hand of 1k/2k, and then went to 2k/4k next hand shown.It's just really akward to watch. So youre all in, what are you thinking? Ali whats going on? we have no idea

So I just watched this show. I work on a TV show , and IMO this show has pretty good production quality and to the average fan it's not half bad. The host is not good at all. You also have to see that this is in a time slot during the summer that NBC will just be happy to get anyone to watch. The show needs tweaked for sure. I really HATE ALI comin in and explain the action to the host. Ali should just host the show all by himself. We also don't know what kind of deal NBC and FT have. FT might have paid NBC to make it, and if that is the case the show will stay. It's def a very low budget made show.

He's not from the Sopranos, he's a Vegas comic and he's really funny.
He is in the Sopranos and I think he is on that show Secret Life of an American Teenager. My wife watches that.

Kind of a no brainer that you have to go on even if you are only an average player. The jumps in pay force the players to have to move on. I would risk $40k vrs $200k hu against anyone.

I agree that the Schrippa hack needs to be relieved of his hosting duties. Ali Nejad should really host/commentate the show. - The first got did seem shady and seemed happy to be leaving the televised set. He's probably wanted on warrants somewhere.- The second guy looks like a buddy of mine's older brother, so much so that I thought it was him when he walked out.Overall it wasn't the worst poker show I've ever seen, but it'd have to be in the top 3 or so worst.

Other than there being too many people talking (host, Ali, play by play guy) I'm still sticking by my guns and am really liking the show.Did you guys really think it would be a slow structure or something. A 1 hour long heads up match won't get ratings.Some of the socializing was obviously forced (especially with Ivey), but I still think it is a fun concept. And I'll still watch if it doesn't get canceled.

Pretty sure I enjoy any show where the eye candy in a mini-skirt tells the contestant she'll bang him in his basement for $200,000.

Totally thought he was someone else, wow. Thanks for the link and continuing to have no personality DCJ.
lolMost all TV poker pretty much sucks ass, but I still managed to find it interesting, if only for the "omg, a nobody just won some decent cash!" entertainment aspect.The problem is most poker players are just that.... poker players, and not entertainers. Lederer is as interesting as a blank white wall.The success will lie in the hands of the hosts and the production. I thought the production was very good. The hosts? Not horrible, but something is missing for sure...and Heart Big Puss. The guy is funny (used to do those redic man in the street segments on Leno)
I guess I'm not missing anything then. I would like to witness the hilarity of this fail. I guess I'll just have to watch in on pokertube or some shit later.
For anyone who wants to watch:http://www.casttv.com/shows/face-the-ace/episode-101/9b5nj6I'm about halfway through and I don't think it is as terrible as others have said, but its not great either.

Not bad, typical donkament poker. I wonder if the pros care enough to protect the show's money, they are 0-3. The $10k donation to charity wouldn't motivate me much being in their position.And I agree, get rid of the idiot hack hosting the show and let Ali handle it all.

they are 0-3. The $10k donation to charity wouldn't motivate me much being in their position.
Really? I would think being a professional poker player, the thought of being beaten by amateurs(at best) on television would motivate me to try my best.
Really? I would think being a professional poker player, the thought of being beaten by amateurs(at best) on television would motivate me to try my best.
Ivey played like his opponent was his charity
Ivey played like his opponent was his charity
or the "i'll show you one card for free/you show me one but you can pick" tactic form lindgren really trying to save some face and not wanting to lose to an amateur.

Reviewshow was ok C-the pros need to play to the camera like Negreanu would or Hellmuth so u can love or hate them.Ali was good as always. Steve was out of place. They need way more pretty girls and money on the table. Also a pros funny story moment video segment would be good. Also In-studio audience is a must! If I can think of what to do to make the show cool why can't they lol!

Pretty sure I enjoy any show where the eye candy in a mini-skirt tells the contestant she'll bang him in his basement for $200,000.
"For 200 thousand dollars I may" best part of this show obv. I was entertained. I've never seen Ivey talk that much at one time outside of Life of Ivey. I thought the guy talking trash to start was somewhat funny, but then wanted to punch him in the throat. The goober from Illinois annoyed the hell out of me at first, but then turned into some fun. The D-list host just seemed pushy, and needed to brush up on his Soprano persona. But somewhere else. If they're pulling these players off of FTP, it will be fun when someone wins that actually knows the players. Curious if they would let you get a little more specific and get past editing. Would be funny to see someone as informed as most of us get on there and just wreak havoc. Ask Ivey if you should keep going, or just get out of there and follow him to the craps table. Ask Howard to put some of the money you just won online for you, and you're having problems depositing, asking Erick if he's reconsidered joining team Scotty, etc. I'll keep watching(online). Just a chance to watch people take a shot at a good chunk of change, which involves poker and some of my favorite personalities. Hell, if a show with Howie Mandel, telling semi-retarded people to open boxes can be a hit, this can get some viewers. I'd rather watch the guy opening the box get hit first, even if it is with A4 or 42sooted. Tell me you didn't like the A9s vs A5 hand, cmon!