What's The Best Play Here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($50)BB ($49.60)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kclub.gif, Adiamond.gifHero bets $1.50, BB calls $1Flop: ($3) Jclub.gif, 7heart.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2Turn: ($7) Kdiamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB calls $5River: ($17) 9diamond.gif(2 players)BB bets $20?????fold ? call ? shove? I've got no info on villain.

I hate those boards with AK....Well only hands that beat you are 8 10 , Q 10, and a Set. I don't see him having a set and only calling the turn to then raise first thing on the river. 8 10 is what I want to say, I'd also say 8 10 suited clubs but I don't want to give him too much credit. I'm really interested in the results of this, if you have them.Could also be a missed flush draw that he is taking a stab at, but I don't really see him doing this after you raised on every street.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($50)BB ($49.60)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kclub.gif, Adiamond.gifHero bets $1.50, BB calls $1Flop: ($3) Jclub.gif, 7heart.gif, Aclub.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls $2Turn: ($7) Kdiamond.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $5, BB calls $5River: ($17) 9diamond.gif(2 players)BB bets $20?????fold ? call ? shove? I've got no info on villain.
Q10 of clubs makes the most sense. It looks like he is praying for a call with his overbet of the pot. Having said that, I would need more info to decide if he likes to make this move or if it is really what it looks like, a missed flush draw. If he has been prone to make that move as a bluff then I would be more likely to call him. But you have no info, so I would call and reload when he shows Q10, knowing that he is a tricky player and use it to my advantage.
Q10 of clubs makes the most sense. It looks like he is praying for a call with his overbet of the pot. Having said that, I would need more info to decide if he likes to make this move or if it is really what it looks like, a missed flush draw. If he has been prone to make that move as a bluff then I would be more likely to call him. But you have no info, so I would call and reload when he shows Q10, knowing that he is a tricky player and use it to my advantage.
Was my second guess, I feel like if he had Q 10 of clubs he would of went with a check raise instead of an overbet

Yeah, I fully expect QT clubs to check/raise the flop. I hope any other QT doesn't even call...Set of sevens probably should have raised the turn, but its possible, if he puts you on exactly what you have, to wait till the river to make his move...8T clubs does make a lot of sense here huh? Might be a fish playing AJ this way, but there are just too many broadway cards to a) think he is ALWAYS good and B) continue to trap, with that..I call in confusion?

Was my second guess, I feel like if he had Q 10 of clubs he would of went with a check raise instead of an overbet
Check raise the river? I find when players at this level slowplay to the river they are afraid of a player checking behind so they instead overbet the pot to look like a bluff. This is just my experience. I do think its more likely he would check raise the flop with Q10c, but he could also be a passive player and would therefore not be as aggressive on that flop.
Yeah, I fully expect QT clubs to check/raise the flop. I hope any other QT doesn't even call...Set of sevens probably should have raised the turn, but its possible, if he puts you on exactly what you have, to wait till the river to make his move...8T clubs does make a lot of sense here huh? Might be a fish playing AJ this way, but there are just too many broadway cards to a) think he is ALWAYS good and B) continue to trap, with that..I call in confusion?
^ Pretty much my thinking. If he hit any set really, he is definitely going to be raising the turn.We can rule out a set of 9's since I doubt he would continue to play them up to the river with such an ugly board and your pre-flop raise.If he had QT of clubs I'm expecting a check raise on the flop(maybe), turn(definitely), and river. He may play it a bit differently but he is not check calling on the flop, turn, then leading out on the river. Without any prior knowledge, he COULD be playing AJ and overvaluing the shit out of it..but we really can't be certain at this point.8T of clubs really seems like the hand here. Villain is probably putting you on a set, two pair, or Ace with a Q kicker.The fact he lead out on the river makes me want to call even more. Feels like one of those hands where you call knowing your beat.
Check raise the river? I find when players at this level slowplay to the river they are afraid of a player checking behind so they instead overbet the pot to look like a bluff. This is just my experience. I do think its more likely he would check raise the flop with Q10c, but he could also be a passive player and would therefore not be as aggressive on that flop.
Totally possible. It's an ugly spot to be in considering you have no reads on him and we don't know whether he is passive or not. The reason why I see him leading out on the river to represent 8 10 is mainly because he simply checked called the turn. If he had made his straight with Q 10 and wanted to get more out of the Hero, he would have checked the river. There really is no reason to check call the turn if you have the straight, and then lead out on the river when a 9 hits.Whether he has 8 10 or Q 10, either way we are beat here.
do you guys think shoving here is a bad play?
He's put like $32 dollars into the pot already, so we know he is going to call, absolutely no reason to shove except to get more money in the pot. (and I don't really think you want that with this board)If you really think you are going to win, I shove, knowing I can maximize my profit.If you really think you are going to lose, then why even bother calling just to see the bad news?I'm almost positive we are beaten here...so..I "WANT" to say just fold this, whether or not I would do it in that position is a completely different thing.
He's put like $32 dollars into the pot already, so we know he is going to call, absolutely no reason to shove except to get more money in the pot. (and I don't really think you want that with this board)If you really think you are going to win, I shove, knowing I can maximize my profit.If you really think you are going to lose, then why even bother calling just to see the bad news?I'm almost positive we are beaten here...so..I "WANT" to say just fold this, whether or not I would do it in that position is a completely different thing.
I agree here. Shoving basically turns your hand into a bluff. With no read, this would not be a shove for value. I still call. You have no read so all the speculation is general based on an average player. It would be 50/50 as to whether you are ahead or behind against an average player, so calling is what I would do.
I agree here. Shoving basically turns your hand into a bluff. With no read, this would not be a shove for value. I still call. You have no read so all the speculation is general based on an average player. It would be 50/50 as to whether you are ahead or behind against an average player, so calling is what I would do.
Yea...Thinking about it, I can't see myself folding this with no prior reads on the villain, even if I think I'm behind I'm probably going to end up calling the 20 and hope he was bluffing or has a lesser two pair.Do you have results? Or did you fold?
If I call and he shows something like AJ or 2 pair,he's gonna know that I only shove the nuts and that might hurt my game later.folding or shoving are better options imo.
Yea...Thinking about it, I can't see myself folding this with no prior reads on the villain, even if I think I'm behind I'm probably going to end up calling the 20 and hope he was bluffing or has a lesser two pair.Do you have results? Or did you fold?
I will post results later
If I call and he shows something like AJ or 2 pair,he's gonna know that I only shove the nuts and that might hurt my game later.folding or shoving are better options imo.
1. Most players at this level arent gonna notice that.2. Shoving turns your hand into a bluff. Raising medium strength hands on the river is a bad play overall, even if you dont want to expose your tendencies.3. Folding seems too weak not knowing anything about your opponent.4. If he thinks you are a nit, then you can use that to your advantage. You should always be adjusting. Dont focus on not exposing your plays and focus more on adjusting to how your opponent sees you. If you arent comfortable doing that, then heads up really isnt for you.
You can easily use that tight image to your advantage. I don't think this would hurt your game too much.I keep teetering back and forth from calling and folding, but I really see no value in shoving here.We are almost positive he isn't folding, even with a hand like A J or A 9. So if we shove here we are doing it with the expectation of him calling and adding extra money to the pot. A shove here should only be done strictly for value.So we have the following possibilities.1. If we fold, assuming that we are right and he has 8 10 or Q 10 we lose $8.50 save ourselves 20$ and we still have $41.5 of our original buy in to play with.2. If we fold and we are wrong, we have the same amount left to play with (As above).3.If we call, and he has 8 10 or Q 10 we lose $28.50 dollars and still have $21.5 of our original buy in to play with4.If we call, and we are right we make $28.505.If we shove, and he calls and we are beat (which is VERY possible here) we lose $50.6.If we shove, and we have him beat we make $22 more than we would have if we would have just called.Looking at these possibilities, and the betting patterns of our opponent, I think folding is the best option, calling is second, and shoving is third. Granted, if placed in the situation myself, I am probably calling this thinking I am beat.I'd like to get a high rollers opinion on this.
You can easily use that tight image to your advantage. I don't think this would hurt your game too much.I keep teetering back and forth from calling and folding, but I really see no value in shoving here.We are almost positive he isn't folding, even with a hand like A J or A 9. So if we shove here we are doing it with the expectation of him calling and adding extra money to the pot. A shove here should only be done strictly for value.So we have the following possibilities.1. If we fold, assuming that we are right and he has 8 10 or Q 10 we lose $8.50 save ourselves 20$ and we still have $41.5 of our original buy in to play with.2. If we fold and we are wrong, we have the same amount left to play with (As above).3.If we call, and he has 8 10 or Q 10 we lose $28.50 dollars and still have $21.5 of our original buy in to play with4.If we call, and we are right we make $28.505.If we shove, and he calls and we are beat (which is VERY possible here) we lose $50.6.If we shove, and we have him beat we make $22 more than we would have if we would have just called.Looking at these possibilities, and the betting patterns of our opponent, I think folding is the best option, calling is second, and shoving is third. Granted, if placed in the situation myself, I am probably calling this thinking I am beat.I'd like to get a high rollers opinion on this.
I don't think 8 10 is in his range.I'm pretty much against Q 10 or 2 pair.

call and lose $20 dollars. we played the hand perfectly and it bit us in the ass. We need to know if he floated w/ Q10s or bluffed or whatever he did so we call for information, i personally think we are beat but i think we need to know (this is a key spot where we need to find out what happened too us here and i like showing we don't back down to a scary board and big bet with a pretty good hand) i think we aren't super suprised that we could be crushed here thou but void of reads we have no clue ( I mean did villain seem like he would float a draw? That is kind of weak to float a draw on a flop with good top pairs and AJ potentially being out there). If he is super smart he may figure he can get called when he hits if he doesn't play it like a draw but i just can't assume that it is very standard for most players to raise there draws to the nuts and make it look like a made hand. I can't shove this i just don't think we get any folds except pure bluffs and i don't think you float float bluff too much no a hand where lots of draws hit if you are the villain. Moral of story, sometimes great hands are just not that great, lets hope it is a busted flush draw. Ugh the more i think about this hand the more i think it is ugly thou but in the heat of the moment i lose $20 here and i can't fault anyone for doing so here. Tough gut check hand here. The thing that bothers me is i don't Q10 suited check floating 2 streets!! This may be a great play by him if it is.

I don't think 8 10 is in his range.I'm pretty much against Q 10 or 2 pair.
+1 810 would be sooo unlikely villain would have to be decently loose against an unknown and i would think if both are unknowns we can expect TAG play until either has felt each other out a little
I'd like to get a high rollers opinion on this.
Agreed but with no notes on what level this guy thinks i think he say fringe call or fold it is a crappy spot against an unknown
+1 810 would be sooo unlikely villain would have to be decently loose against an unknown and i would think if both are unknowns we can expect TAG play until either has felt each other out a little
Heads up, I really don't think 8 10 suited is that unlikely at all...
The thing that bothers me is i don't Q10 suited check floating 2 streets!! This may be a great play by him if it is.
My point exactly. He hasn't played this at all like he has Q10, if he has Q 10 I see him check raising the river. Instead, he calls all the way down to the river, and then leads out for $20 more? Something is amiss here...Regardless, shoving is a bad option here.