I just came in from harvesting a butt load of grape and yellow pear tomatoes, as they are absolutely going gangbusters for me this summer, and it got me to wondering........does anyone else have a garden going this summer? What do you have planted? And how are they doing?I have a small garden with:Moby Grape TomatoesYellow Pear TomatoesDasher II CucumbersCrimson Sweet Watermelons King Arthur Bell PeppersBanana PeppersJalapeno PeppersMy garden is doing fantastic this year (this is my first attempt at a real garden) so much so that I am really wondering if I am going to have to learn to can the excess, give it away or both. How's your garden FCP?*L*T*

weed.
Why am I not surprised that this is the first response in this thread? Well, what kind and how are they doing?*L*T*
Why am I not surprised that this is the first response in this thread? Well, what kind and how are they doing?*L*T*
I'm not actually growing it, that would be illegal. I just wanted to give you an idea of things to come.

I have an Herb Garden (no, not an "Herb" Garden).Lemon ThymeCreeping Lemon ThymeWooly ThymeItalian Large Leaf BasilSweet BasilThai BasilSageVariegated SageGolden Variegated SageHot Ancho PeppersChili PeppersSuper Chili PeppersCowhorn PeppersHabanero PeppersCayenne PeppersYellow Bell Sweet Peppers - it was mixed in with the Jalapeno Peppers and I grabbed it thinking I was getting the JalapenoEverything is doing quite well. The chili peppers are very tasty.

I'm not actually growing it, that would be illegal. I just wanted to give you an idea of things to come.
Nice way to try to throw the feds off your tail ... you're good!Now seriously what are you growing? and when does FCP get to "test" the harvest? Notice I put test in parenthesis, that's cause I actually meant smoke it up and get hella stoned!
I have an Herb Garden (no, not an "Herb" Garden).Lemon ThymeCreeping Lemon ThymeWooly ThymeItalian Large Leaf BasilSweet BasilThai BasilSageVariegated SageGolden Variegated Sage
now here's a man who's worried about running out of "thyme!"HAHAHAHAHA
weed.
so um.. don't I owe you a beer?I myself am growing lettuceTomatosSpinach ( failure)Onionseggplantstrawberries ( failure)zucchini Satan ( broccoli)banana peppersand a few perrenial herbs that let run wildand about 400 acres of feed corn and soy beans
now here's a man who's worried about running out of "thyme!"HAHAHAHAHA
Maybe he thinks thyme is money. :qh:club::jh:D:D:D:club::ts B) :qc:qh:3d:jh:7s:D:4h:5c:3h:D:ts:4h:5c:3h Anyway, I've been doing a lot of outdoor work this year, but it's all been decorative, including clearing an overgrown area and building a landscaped rock wall with flowering plants.

I can't grow shit here in the summer, but I'll update in the winter.The past few years I've grown various tomatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, eggplant and zucchini. Usually a few herbs too.

I can't grow shit here in the summer, but I'll update in the winter.The past few years I've grown various tomatoes, broccoli, brussels sprouts, eggplant and zucchini. Usually a few herbs too.
Love those herbs. Very nice fellows

My parents have a huge vegetable garden in the backyard. From what I can remember these are some:Plum tomatoesOnionsSquashPumpkinEggplantMintCorianderSpinachJalapeno peppersChili peppersPear StrawberriesString beansThats all I can remember from the top of my head. Im pretty sure theres more.

My parents have a huge vegetable garden in the backyard. From what I can remember these are some:Plum tomatoesOnionsSquashPumpkinEggplantMintCorianderSpinachJalapeno peppersChili peppersPear StrawberriesString beansThats all I can remember from the top of my head. Im pretty sure theres more.
hell of a garden

I usually have a full garden in the back, but I haven't really taken care of it at all this year, so not too much.Got tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, and watermelons growing in the back.Have Grape Vines, Apple Tree, Plum Tree..don't really know if they count as they don't really require much tending.

I usually have a full garden in the back, but I haven't really taken care of it at all this year, so not too much.Got tomatoes, red peppers, cucumbers, and watermelons growing in the back.Have Grape Vines, Apple Tree, Plum Tree..don't really know if they count as they don't really require much tending.
I'm thinking I may need to get me some fruit trees planted soon. I like having fresh apples and pears to eat in the fall. Did you plant those or did they come with the property? If you did, were they hard to get established and how long before you got any fruit from them?*L*T*
I'm thinking I may need to get me some fruit trees planted soon. I like having fresh apples and pears to eat in the fall. Did you plant those or did they come with the property? If you did, were they hard to get established and how long before you got any fruit from them?*L*T*
Main issue is, if you plan to get one, expect it take a good while before the tree actually produces anything worthwhile. 3-5 yearsish.Ours is a wine sap apple tree and I'm not really sure what our plum tree is... These were self planted about 4 years ago. As far as getting them established, they require a lot of love as saplings, but after awhile they pretty much take care of themselves. Due to the over abundance of squirrels and other annoying little critters it's hard to really get good produce from the trees that aren't rotted or half eaten, but when you do, it is most certainly worth it.

I don't grow weed, but I do smoke it while I'm tending to my boxes.A buddy's mom has a couple side by side city lots that she doesn't use, so we fenced them off with 8' privacy pickets and made it into a big city garden with raised boxes. I have two 10'X10' boxes of my own. Usually grow tomatoes, eggplant and squash, but sometimes I try other stuff which is pointless since whatever I grow is stolen by the ****ing Mexicans. John Jeavons "How to Grow..." book is the method I follow. I'm not that good at it, but I do believe it's good stuff to know.

• 1 month later...

So today I decide to harvest the last of my hot peppers. There were a couple of Poblanos, some great Chilis and a few Cayennes and one Habenero. I knew I couldn't cook them all before they went bad, so I figured I'd take a shot at drying them out. Our stove has a Dehydrate function. I set it up and sliced all of the peppers and put them on a baking sheet in the oven. 5 hours later they were finally dry. I put them into an old spice bottle and crushed them down.Yielding approximately two tablespoons of mixed dry hot peppers.