• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forget your Mr Fritz pw?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it has been a year since Bella the Pitbull ruptured her first cruciate ligament. Two surgeries, several emergency vet visits, and a year later and she is living a great dog life. She is quite vocal. When she is looking for attention she mumbles and barks. These dogs really need daily attention and things to keep them busy. Her energy comes in bursts - she'll race and jump around like a puppy and then completely sack out. She loves to cuddle with my wife on the couch. Bella has been a great addition to the pack.

• 2 months later...
My cat is in heat and the meowing is beyond ridiculous. Will it stop if I stick a pencil in her vagina?
No, it wouldn't. Why do you have an unspayed cat?
No, it wouldn't. Why do you have an unspayed cat?
I have an unspayed cat because she doesn't go outside...and I was hoping it would grant me an unofficial permit to stick a pencil in her ass.
I have an unspayed cat because she doesn't go outside...and I was hoping it would grant me an unofficial permit to stick a pencil in her ass.
Read back in this thread for some good reasons to have an indoor cat spayed. I was in the same situation. I also tried the pencil trick. Worked alright, but then she'll crawl all over your lap, which is annoying.I had mine spayed and haven't regretted it for a second. Money well spent, and she hasn't gotten all fat and annoying (no ex-wife jokes necessary...).

My friend has a four year old shepard that is epileptic..the dogs had a rough six months or so and is on a few different medications daily. Lately the dog has been refusing to go to the bathroom outside. Instead it waits for my friend to go to sleep or leave the room etc. She's disciplined the dog and has started crating her at night. The dog still bugs her to go out/go for walks but doesn't do anything out there. Any suggestions?

The dog is probably on phenobarbital, which can cause excessive urination, but it's probably more of a behavioral issue than anything else if it just refuses to ever go to the bathroom outside. Crate at night, reward for going to the bathroom outside, try to catch it in the act of going inappropriately and take it outside immediately...I don't know. Behavior is next semester, sorry.

The dog is probably on phenobarbital, which can cause excessive urination, but it's probably more of a behavioral issue than anything else if it just refuses to ever go to the bathroom outside. Crate at night, reward for going to the bathroom outside, try to catch it in the act of going inappropriately and take it outside immediately...I don't know. Behavior is next semester, sorry.
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. She is on pheno and they recently added in potassium bromide. The dog can't stand the taste of the bromide so we were thinking that might have set off the behaviour issue-shes going to keep up with the crate and is hoping the dog will give in and go outside once so she can start rewarding her. The whole ordeal with the illness has been pretty insane. As it does the epilepsy seemed to come out of nowhere and she had a shepherd/doberman mix that attacked it during the seizures which made the situation that much worse. I'm not sure if you've touched on it yet but I guess this is fairly common with bigger dogs (pact mentality-which I found out via google) however as good as her vet is he claims to have never seen it so the dogs remained living together allowing it to happen more then once.Six months of trying to get to the right pheno dosage, multiple surgeries as a result of the attacks and over five thousand in vet bills has left my friend drained and frustrated. However I got a really nice shepherd/doberman mix and I'm just hoping my jack russel never has a seizure...
The whole ordeal with the illness has been pretty insane. As it does the epilepsy seemed to come out of nowhere and she had a shepherd/doberman mix that attacked it during the seizures which made the situation that much worse. I'm not sure if you've touched on it yet but I guess this is fairly common with bigger dogs (pact mentality-which I found out via google) however as good as her vet is he claims to have never seen it so the dogs remained living together allowing it to happen more then once.
That's interesting...I've heard of it, but it's really pretty rare. That sucks it added to the issues the epilepsy were already causing.
I have an unspayed cat because she doesn't go outside.
I tried to go back and find the previously stated info on why you should have your cat spayed, but unfortunately I failed. So, here's a few brief points.-There are a number of life-threatening diseases which are relatively prevalent in intact female cats that become either a non-issue or much more unlikely after having them spayed (various cancers, infections, etc.). The average lifespan of a cat jumps up by a few years if it is spayed or neutered.-Unspayed cats sometimes spray in the house. Trust me, you don't want that shit ruining your rugs and/or furniture.-Being in heat probably isn't so fun for her either seeing as she can't get boned.And so on.
I tried to go back and find the previously stated info on why you should have your cat spayed, but unfortunately I failed. So, here's a few brief points.-There are a number of life-threatening diseases which are relatively prevalent in intact female cats that become either a non-issue or much more unlikely after having them spayed (various cancers, infections, etc.). The average lifespan of a cat jumps up by a few years if it is spayed or neutered.-Unspayed cats sometimes spray in the house. Trust me, you don't want that shit ruining your rugs and/or furniture.-Being in heat probably isn't so fun for her either seeing as she can't get boned.And so on.
We are going to get the horny pussy spayed.
Your dog looks like a mop!
Lisa: "Dad, what's a Muppet?"Homer: "Well, it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet, but, oh man.... (laughs to himself) ... so, in conclusion, I don't know."
We are going to get the horny pussy spayed.
Excellent.
That's very well done. His symptoms are on the mild side...it's pretty much a guarantee that at some point in my career I'll be asked to euthanize a cerebellar hypoplasia kitten and will adopt it instead. Hopefully I won't already have too many pets at that point. Although, the way things are going, I'm pretty much filled up in terms of pets for the next ten years at least.
  • 5 weeks later...

Bella the Pitbull made some new friends yesterday. I was working in the yard and she was helping by rooting around in the landscaping next to the House. I could tell that she and Fozzie the Pitmix were on the hunt. Usually this results in an hour or so of enjoyable sniffing and darting after chipmunks. After a couple of minutes, Bella emerged with something dangling from her vicious vice like jaws. She was gently carrying a baby bunny to me.I said: "Drop it." and she immediately put it on the ground. I picked the little guy up, fully expecting a "broken" toy. To my surprise he was suffering from nothing more than a healthy drenching in Pitbull spit. I held onto him for a bit to be sure his internal mechanisms weren't damaged. I let the puppies sniff at him a little - Fozzie tried to take him by the head so he could show Bella the proper way to break him and rip out his stuffing. Bella tried to punch him with her snout to get him to move. It seemed like he was OK so I put him outside of the fenced area in some deep cover.Later that evening Bella was frantic to get to that area and I assumed that she was trying to play with her new friend. A flashlight revealed a more nocturnal visitor. Mr Possum was slowly waddling around. Fargo the ancient Elkhound wanted to tell the youngster about the old days when she and Sandi the Best Dog Ever got a bunch of possums in one night (it was actually just the same possum multiple times, but they didn't know that since each time they caught him, he just played dead) - but she fell asleep in the middle of her story. She is nearly 17 years old and can't stay focused very long.Welcome to my Wild Kingdom.

• 2 weeks later...

After nearly 15 years, I had to say goodbye to my Loyal Friend Fargo tonite. The Casa de RAC will feel empty without her warm and comforting presence.Fargo was a Good Dog.Fargo (circa 1994-2011)