Main villain is button. Button is 27/22/38steal with a 10%3bet. How do you proceed and why?No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($100)BB ($100)UTG ($59.70)MP ($114.50)CO ($79.20)Button ($100)Preflop: Hero is SB with Qdiamond.gif, Qspade.gif2 folds, CO bets $3, Button calls $3, Hero raises $11.50, 2 folds, Button calls $9Flop: ($28) Kspade.gif, 2diamond.gif, 10spade.gif(2 players)Hero ???

Bet/fold flop for 1/2 pot I would expect this to be a set mine 95-100% of the time. I think you're as paid as you're going to get so all there is left to do is protect the hand.

c-bet and see what he does, and donk bet bricks on turn and river. If he has a K he def reraises you, the only problem is steals. Have you c-bet a lot? Have you donk bet good hands or pot bet every time? this would help. Represent AK by however you have been playing hands like that and if you are void of flushes keep firing on turn, check river if turn bricked and he still called we may be screwed then but i think it doesn't go that far. If he has just spades or is very crazy and has a open ender he reraises flop on semibluff and we hate life and fold, we don't have a good bluff catcher because we need to be able to catch weak kings, which we can't, so we don't defend if he stands up but we def. see if he does resist here we are decently deep and so is he. Have you seen how he plays semibluffs that may help piece this together, also if you have seen top pairs on similar boards that would help but void of reads i think we need to rep AK here and try and take it down quickly,before river.

c-bet and see what he does, and donk bet bricks on turn and river. If he has a K he def reraises you...
A competent player is not raising a naked K on this flop. In fact 90% of villain's value range is calling instead of raising here. Only sets or hands like AJss will raise.

I probably check, intending to call most bets.You block most of his feasible flush draws, so giving a free turn card is probably fairly safe. c-betting is probably fine though.this is verrrrry similar to the hand below, except there is less chance of him having a flush draw here.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=137312

... checks and lets villain own himself for three streets of value?
This. villain has 99-33 96.7% of the time here.

I think cbetting is pretty terrible. We get no value from hands we beat and if he flats it's like WTF? And if he shoves it's like WTF? So the only result I like is if he folds when I cbet. That's not very much value. I posted this hand because I thought it was a great hand to illustrate the power of your HUD if you know how to read it right.This guys 3bet is 10% that's pretty effing high, it's not like completely unreasonable but it's bordering on that and it's fair to say he's 3betting a very big value range as well as some bluffs. So when CO opens villain would 3bet KQ,AK, TT+, probably all pocket pairs, maybe even AT+ but definitely the first 3 listed. He just flats the CO open though, so his hands are waited really strong towards like suited connectors, or just connecting cards, and possibly pocket pairs. Once I 3bet and he smooth calls again, it's pretty LOL. It seems like his hand range is just stubborn QJ and pocket pairs playing badly and sooted cards. I think there are 0 kings in his range. So when the flop comes as it does, I pretty much have the nuts imo unless he has 22 and I shoot myself in the face.So I check it here and let him make a bet and I decide to crai because even though I think his range is shitty, I believe he does have flush draws in his range and he occasionally has AQ/AJ/JQ so I don't want to just c/c and then puss out on turn to a scary card. I think it's close though, I'm never folding, but C/C flop and then either small lead to induce a shove on turn, check turn and crai or call all in and if he checks turn I either shove river or check again and let him bluff.It's scary trapping in these spots when your hand isn't that strong but I thought it was a cool spot.

I think cbetting is pretty terrible. We get no value from hands we beat and if he flats it's like WTF? And if he shoves it's like WTF? So the only result I like is if he folds when I cbet. That's not very much value. I posted this hand because I thought it was a great hand to illustrate the power of your HUD if you know how to read it right.This guys 3bet is 10% that's pretty effing high, it's not like completely unreasonable but it's bordering on that and it's fair to say he's 3betting a very big value range as well as some bluffs. So when CO opens villain would 3bet KQ,AK, TT+, probably all pocket pairs, maybe even AT+ but definitely the first 3 listed. He just flats the CO open though, so his hands are waited really strong towards like suited connectors, or just connecting cards, and possibly pocket pairs. Once I 3bet and he smooth calls again, it's pretty LOL. It seems like his hand range is just stubborn QJ and pocket pairs playing badly and sooted cards. I think there are 0 kings in his range. So when the flop comes as it does, I pretty much have the nuts imo unless he has 22 and I shoot myself in the face.So I check it here and let him make a bet and I decide to crai because even though I think his range is shitty, I believe he does have flush draws in his range and he occasionally has AQ/AJ/JQ so I don't want to just c/c and then puss out on turn to a scary card. I think it's close though, I'm never folding, but C/C flop and then either small lead to induce a shove on turn, check turn and crai or call all in and if he checks turn I either shove river or check again and let him bluff.It's scary trapping in these spots when your hand isn't that strong but I thought it was a cool spot.
Yeah I misread the OP, thinking it was the pfr that we ended up heads up with.good analysis of his hand range, good thought process overall.He 'could' have KJ-K9 sooooted, but a K is really unlikely.I think a CRAI is fine but I'd probably prefer to c/c flop and c/shove turn to give him a little more rope.

tbh i dont like checking. Sure he may fire a few bullets, but your giving up control of the pot, giving him a chance to bluff, at a relatively scary board. I would only check, like skillz says, to raise his ass! What if he bets, you call, and the turn comes a spade. Now what? I would bet out $15, possibly folding to a raise, as he may call you along the way with a 10/f-draw, but raises with a premium hand.Re-evaluate on turn.What do those stats mean again, i keep forgetting.

Tskillz this is almost identical to the JJ hand a little while ago that got so many replies. I learned from that hand you check this flop. At least I have some memory retention lol.

Yeah I misread the OP, thinking it was the pfr that we ended up heads up with.good analysis of his hand range, good thought process overall.He 'could' have KJ-K9 sooooted, but a K is really unlikely.I think a CRAI is fine but I'd probably prefer to c/c flop and c/shove turn to give him a little more rope.
I like :club:
Im a noob. I completely love your thinking, and take back my arguments for c-betting lolI need to get me one of those HEM/HUD things.
Tskillz this is almost identical to the JJ hand a little while ago that got so many replies. I learned from that hand you check this flop. At least I have some memory retention lol.
I think these are pretty different hands. In the JJ hand we are checking to keep our range wide and let him bluff with worse. The K is a very legit scare card and villain could certainly be holding Ks in his range. In this case although I had a strong pair in a 3bet pot and an overcard came I think through some logic we can assume he never has that over card (or at least REALLY rarely). The same principle of "what would he call with that is behind" applies and let him bluff/value bet worse, but in this QQ hand I'm trapping. Even if I had bet and he shoved I would have called, but it would have been gross. Like if I had AA here I would have done the same thing. Except with AA I would have c/c flopped and checked turn or bet small to induce a shove, the difference being that he is much less likely to have AJ/AQ type hands for gutshots, there are no over cards to worry about, and he's much more likely to have JQish type hands.
I think these are pretty different hands. In the JJ hand we are checking to keep our range wide and let him bluff with worse. The K is a very legit scare card and villain could certainly be holding Ks in his range. In this case although I had a strong pair in a 3bet pot and an overcard came I think through some logic we can assume he never has that over card (or at least REALLY rarely). The same principle of "what would he call with that is behind" applies and let him bluff/value bet worse, but in this QQ hand I'm trapping. Even if I had bet and he shoved I would have called, but it would have been gross. Like if I had AA here I would have done the same thing. Except with AA I would have c/c flopped and checked turn or bet small to induce a shove, the difference being that he is much less likely to have AJ/AQ type hands for gutshots, there are no over cards to worry about, and he's much more likely to have JQish type hands.
Ahh, okay I see your point. I just related the hands because of that principle but I see the different reasons behind the checks when you explain it this way. The value concept is still something i'm not good at in NL cash yet because I come from a tourney & limit background. Concepts like this help my progression a lot so seriously thanks a lot for your help, tskillz.

after reading these posts yah i am just cbeting because i am praying for a simple fold and no problem so yah i agree with y'alls thinking about this hand in hind sight

tskillz I also love your line and reasoning in this hand...hope you will post more that require higher-level thinking and good interpretations of people's stats..