I mean, I've only seen 3-4 episodes of this season, but it seems pretty obvious that Kevin is the only one of all the contestants that has any business even sniffing a head chef position at a decent restaurant. No?
The final 3 are all pretty good.
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh, I thought NC was saying that gooch spoiled it because he saw Ariel in person. I completely glossed over the part where he said who he thought was going to win.I am: Super Idiot.

for the record i have no idea who the winner is, i'm just throwing out an opinion ariel being hot is person is a fact though, on this there is no disputing

I seriously do not believe Tenille is soft spoken.... she hasn't uttered one single word on the show where she wasn't yelling at us!
Tenille?000422_9.jpg
Dave has been one of the top chefs each an every service and broke his wrist in the 2nd episode, maybe 1st. If he is that good one handed then he must be pretty decent 2 handed and it's not like his wrist is permanently damaged. I still say it is a clear toss up between him and Kevin but not a even close to a sure win for Kevin.
Dave is a line cook on the way up (maybe). Kevin is a chef. HUGE difference. Based on the first 3/4 of the finale, it's even more obvious now. If Ramsay chooses Dave to be the chef at his restaurant, the kitchen staff (which I assume will be all solid professionals) will laugh him right the fuck out of there. Shit, any of us could have come up with his menu...with a good staff of cooks, Kevin will be a far superior chef because he makes obviously more sophisticated and better food.
The final 3 are all pretty good.
Compared to what? Dave and Ariel are glorified (if that) line cooks.
for the record i have no idea who the winner is, i'm just throwing out an opinion
I understood what you were saying. I GET YOU, MAN!
Gooch, what do you do at Araxi?
server mostly, worked the bar tonightwas suprised as most people about who the winner was, mostly because during the past couple days when they were here it seemed that kevin was holding pocket aces and he rest of them didn't have a hand, colour me suprisedtenille was very nice in person, as were they all, it was a super fun night tonight, looking forward to the days and weeks to come
Yes, Dave's "pedestrian" menu was quite impressive.
Pedestrian but smart. I think Dave was a student of previous seasons and knew he had to put together a menu that monkeys could make. Also, Gordon likes to push the "good, simple, honest food" angle a lot and I think Dave's menu played into that. Finally, by serving items like venison I think Dave displayed that he was taking regional cuisine into account. So while it was simple, it was the smarter choice.Everybody loves an underdog except speedz. Speedz is all about ubercat.

Is Araxi a "Gordon Ramsay Restaurant" or does he have any other connections with it other than it being the prize?Has anyone here ever eaten at one of his restaurants?

Is Araxi a "Gordon Ramsay Restaurant" or does he have any other connections with it other than it being the prize?Has anyone here ever eaten at one of his restaurants?
I've eaten at a resto in Toronto that he visited at some point. Le Select Bistro. It has a pic of Ramsey with the head chef somewhere on the site. Good place...
I've been saying this all along. She cleans up real nice
looks better with her hair back imo, has a cute bum
Pedestrian but smart. I think Dave was a student of previous seasons and knew he had to put together a menu that monkeys could make. Also, Gordon likes to push the "good, simple, honest food" angle a lot and I think Dave's menu played into that. Finally, by serving items like venison I think Dave displayed that he was taking regional cuisine into account. So while it was simple, it was the smarter choice.Everybody loves an underdog except speedz. Speedz is all about ubercat.
Spot on.Being a big fan of Ramsay and watching all his shows he is not a fan of complex dishes. He always stresses taking something simple and making it seem complex and that is exactly how Dave went about his menu. Kevin shot himself in the foot by trying to do more. Even the dinner menu they put out week after week was never complex.Dave is an executive chef and has been cooking 10 years.Kevin is an executive chef and has been cooking for 13 years.I don't think any of that equals Dave being a line cook.I thought it was pretty obvious that Dave and Kevin were going to be the final two and I believe I went with Dave to win from the get go and was very happy to see him win.
Bald ankle guy is clearly the obv front runner.I don't mind wrist Dave though in the kitchen, I can do without his talking as he seems slow and high all the time.
Oops, guess I called Kevin first and Dave behind.
Bald guy and Dave for the final two.
JJJ of course calls the final first
I like Dave more and more each week. He has been pretty consistent from day 1 and add on the broken wrist, I think he is the one to beat right now. Bald guy right behind him though he gets a little too arrogant at the wrong times.
Dave gets stronger, I change my mind.
Dave is a machine. I hope he stays in and I think he will but I have no doubt that if he doesn't leave for medical reasons he wins without a doubt.
One week later I call the winner.
Spot on.Being a big fan of Ramsay and watching all his shows he is not a fan of complex dishes. He always stresses taking something simple and making it seem complex and that is exactly how Dave went about his menu. Kevin shot himself in the foot by trying to do more. Even the dinner menu they put out week after week was never complex.Dave is an executive chef and has been cooking 10 years.Kevin is an executive chef and has been cooking for 13 years.I don't think any of that equals Dave being a line cook.I thought it was pretty obvious that Dave and Kevin were going to be the final two and I believe I went with Dave to win from the get go and was very happy to see him win.
in his early kitchen nightmares, teh ones filmed in the UK, not the US ones chef stresses some small but important points to everyone1. get good local fresh ingredients2. cook them properly to improve and bring out their flavour, not mask or complicate it them too much3. friendly, prompt and knowledgeable serviceand you have a recipe for a good restaurant

i really liked watching the foxRC british kitchen nightmares. also, looking at the menu for your restaurant is confusing. how is a large portion of risotto with no protien nearly the cost of an intricate fish entree?

i really liked watching the foxRC british kitchen nightmares. also, looking at the menu for your restaurant is confusing. how is a large portion of risotto with no protien nearly the cost of an intricate fish entree?
i don't decide on pricing there, chef doesbut i would hasten two guessfood cost is a starting point which would be based upon the cost and type of mushrooms used, cheeses (a lot of the ones we use could be considered "boutique" in terms of where they come from and costing), aborio etc"hands on" labour cost for the dish in terms of how many dishes one chef can make at one time, risotto is pretty time intensive in terms of making

Just finished watching it, I would have been ok with either of them winning. Both deserved it.I wanted to see Tenille a part of one of the final two's teams. I wonder what happened.