Hero checks. Villian bets 4500.... Hero shoves?
ya this ainecedit: can we ever "slowplay" this? does villain ever hang himself on a blank turn to make it a good play?

PF: I either flat and rep a small pair to an uncoordinated board or I shove.Flop: Shove is def the way to go. I guess the check-shove worked, but I'd be wary of him checking behind and another club peeling off, even if you have the Ac.What else are you going to do if he's hit two pair or a set? It's not like you didn't get the flop you wanted and you have to at least try to protect against the flush draw.

result?
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00+$0.40 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 100 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB (t21885)UTG (t43878)UTG+1 (t13586)MP1 (t805)MP2 (t74740)CO (t24985)Button (t46403)Hero (SB) (t43718)Hero's M: 19.01Preflop: Hero is SB with K :5c, A :jh3 folds, MP2 bets t4000, 2 folds, Hero calls t3500, 1 foldFlop: (t9800) 10 :club:, 6 :D, K :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets t5000, Hero raises to t39618 (All-In), MP2 calls t34618Results:Hero had K :3h, A :D (one pair, Kings).MP2 had K :ts, A :qh (one pair, Kings).Backdoor freeroll ftw?Turn: (t89036) 9 :4h(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t89036) J :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t89036Outcome: Hero won t44518, MP2 won t44518no.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00+$0.40 Tournament, 500/1000 Blinds 100 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB (t21885)UTG (t43878)UTG+1 (t13586)MP1 (t805)MP2 (t74740)CO (t24985)Button (t46403)Hero (SB) (t43718)Hero's M: 19.01Preflop: Hero is SB with K :5c, A :jh3 folds, MP2 bets t4000, 2 folds, Hero calls t3500, 1 foldFlop: (t9800) 10 :club:, 6 :D, K :D(2 players)Hero checks, MP2 bets t5000, Hero raises to t39618 (All-In), MP2 calls t34618Results:Hero had K :3h, A :D (one pair, Kings).MP2 had K :ts, A :qh (one pair, Kings).Backdoor freeroll ftw?Turn: (t89036) 9 :4h(2 players, 1 all-in)River: (t89036) J :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Total pot: t89036Outcome: Hero won t44518, MP2 won t44518no.
nhi think you played it just fine...
  • 3 weeks later...

so ok, i havent posted in a while (havent had much internet access for a month or so) but i come back and there's 19 threads about why we should shove AK with Ms of 50 at the 10/20 level in tourneys we should have a huge advantage in for like 10x times the original raise...and then we're flatting oop with AK and an M of 19? i get some tournament dynamics come into play here with stack sizes and payouts, etc. but seriously...."it's become standard to resteal shove with Ms of like 18-25" and we're flatting oop with an M of 19?I'm either shoving or 3betting to about 15-16k and if he calls shoving any flop. that leaves us a pot sized bet and forces him to pick up a hand or hit the flop. just because he has us outchipped doesnt mean we cant put pressure on him too. he doesnt want to lose a big pot and go from chip leader to middle of the pack.has it become like the new cool thing to never post any hands of yours on here so people dont know how you play and then give confusing and sometimes bad advice so others play badly too?

One person advocated shoving in this thread?When we say 18-25 range I think we're mostly talking about BBs and not M.
i dont feel like finding it, but i specifically remember atleast one person advocating shipping with Ms of like 25. i may have read it wrong, but even if I have I'm mostly talking abouthttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...137617&st=0 this threadthe only difference is we're itm and facing the chip leader. so were uber aggro waaay early in the tournament when having a seat should be much more important than having 1500 more chips. chips which dont guarantee us a deep run and even if we do make a deep run wont be worth as much later, but can often lose our seat in the tournament where we should have a huge edge. but were playing really weak, scared later on when the chips mean a lot more just because were up against the chip leader. and dont tell me "well he's the chip leader with 8 left so he's much better than the players early on" because ive played several FTs of this tournament where nobody had a positive ROI and the CL blows his whole stack and goes out in 7th. im not saying we dont shove in the other hands, and i dont want to bring up that whole discussion again, but there's no reason you shove in those spots and nit up in this spot.

i like flatting pre for icm reasons, but there is no reason whatsoever to c/r the flop. in fact, i would say it's terrible. check/calling is a billion times better because he will often keep barreling with worse on the turn and possibly the river, and he's always drawing to 2 or 3 outs when behind so you want to allow him to keep doing that. a flop c/r is like a get out of jail free card for the villain, whereby he will always shut down with bluffs, nearly always shut down with worse made hands (the only worse made hands that call are probably KQ and KJ--and there are only 8 combos of each), and of course he snap calls when he's ahead.