Lake Tahoe Golf Blog

I recorded the last two days and didn't see you DN,just a couple things:One, you shoot in the low 80s now? Man seems like a huge jump fast.Or maybe just because I barely do that and have been playing for 10 years?Two, I really have a hard time thinking of these guys singing karaoke, please say you were joking.Charles Barkley?Three, These are the blogs I enjoyed from you in the past. Glimpses into a 'local boy does good' life that we all envy you for being able to enjoy, but at least we can live it through you in a small way.Four, How much length did Tahoe give you on your drives and irons?Five, How could you not mention Phil Hellmuth when speaking of great poker players who also play golf?Sixth, I was kind of joking on five there.

I recorded the last two days and didn't see you DN,just a couple things:One, you shoot in the low 80s now? Man seems like a huge jump fast.Or maybe just because I barely do that and have been playing for 10 years?Two, I really have a hard time thinking of these guys singing karaoke, please say you were joking.Charles Barkley?Three, These are the blogs I enjoyed from you in the past. Glimpses into a 'local boy does good' life that we all envy you for being able to enjoy, but at least we can live it through you in a small way.Four, How much length did Tahoe give you on your drives and irons?Five, How could you not mention Phil Hellmuth when speaking of great poker players who also play poker?Sixth, I was kind of joking on five there.
anyone with a modicum of hand eye coordination can shoot in the 80s if they play often enough.it was a great blog though I very much enjoyed it.
anyone with a modicum of hand eye coordination can shoot in the 80s if they play often enough.it was a great blog though I very much enjoyed it.
Why do you want me to hate you?
I recorded the last two days and didn't see you DN,just a couple things:One, you shoot in the low 80s now? Man seems like a huge jump fast.Or maybe just because I barely do that and have been playing for 10 years?Two, I really have a hard time thinking of these guys singing karaoke, please say you were joking.Charles Barkley?Three, These are the blogs I enjoyed from you in the past. Glimpses into a 'local boy does good' life that we all envy you for being able to enjoy, but at least we can live it through you in a small way.Four, How much length did Tahoe give you on your drives and irons?Five, How could you not mention Phil Hellmuth when speaking of great poker players who also play golf?Sixth, I was kind of joking on five there.
1. The course played easy for me. Not one long carry and I hit it straight so bunkers and trees where no issue. I was NEVER in the trees and NEVER made it to a fairway bunker, they were all 250 out.2. It was a blast!!! All the guys sang, they do it every year. 3. I hear ya. I hesitated writing it because it's full of Hellmuthian name dropping, but hey, it is what I did... also a lot of the stuff that I do now on a personal level I can't blog about. Just wouldn't be right.4. Depended on the heat, the warmer and later in the day the more I got. I think it ends up being about 10% on average which made the course shorter than my home course. I'm used to par 3's from 215, these par threes were all about 160-175.5. He just wouldn't fit in and he'd be the biggest prima donna there. They genuinely don't want guys like him there, seriously.
Why do you want me to hate you?
because I keep laughing my ass off at all the barack obama "posters" you keep pasting into political threads and I have to remember I still like the guy (though I think it is great he is being called out for wearing mom jeans to the all star game.)I also loathe the fact that you and DN get to play golf all the time whereas I have not played in close to two years now because of my back (at the time I hurt my back the average of my last ten golf outings was a 77.5 mostly playing at Emerald Dunes in WPB or the Doral in Miami (not the blue monster.))so I am super jealous. and so I lash out.
because I keep laughing my ass off at all the barack obama "posters" you keep pasting into political threads and I have to remember I still like the guy (though I think it is great he is being called out for wearing mom jeans to the all star game.)I also loathe the fact that you and DN get to play golf all the time whereas I have not played in close to two years now because of my back (at the time I hurt my back the average of my last ten golf outings was a 77.5 mostly playing at Emerald Dunes in WPB or the Doral in Miami (not the blue monster.))so I am super jealous. and so I lash out.
all is forgiven then
1. The course played easy for me. Not one long carry and I hit it straight so bunkers and trees where no issue. I was NEVER in the trees and NEVER made it to a fairway bunker, they were all 250 out.2. It was a blast!!! All the guys sang, they do it every year. 3. I hear ya. I hesitated writing it because it's full of Hellmuthian name dropping, but hey, it is what I did... also a lot of the stuff that I do now on a personal level I can't blog about. Just wouldn't be right.4. Depended on the heat, the warmer and later in the day the more I got. I think it ends up being about 10% on average which made the course shorter than my home course. I'm used to par 3's from 215, these par threes were all about 160-175.5. He just wouldn't fit in and he'd be the biggest prima donna there. They genuinely don't want guys like him there, seriously.
Was this at Cabo Wabo? My buddies and I were there earlier in the day on Thursday and the waitress said that it would be packed later that night. We make it a point to be there every year for the tournament, it's just such a relaxing time. We also usually run into a few celebs/athletes at the poker tables. But like you said, it's just so relaxed that it's not a big deal to sit down at the table across from someone like a Barkley or a Gretzky. It's what makes it so enjoyable and relaxing.
all is forgiven then
some day we will have to compare/contrast which famous courses we have played and then rub it in the noses of the hoi polloi.
Three, These are the blogs I enjoyed from you in the past. Glimpses into a 'local boy does good' life that we all envy you for being able to enjoy, but at least we can live it through you in a small way.
Definitely one of my favorite blogs in a long time.
Definitely one of my favorite blogs in a long time.
same here....DN sat next to mario, then golfed w/ the great one? :club:

Who the **** cares about Charles Barkley. HE GOT TO SING KARAOKE WITH CARLTON!!!!! Please tell me Carlton sang It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones.For those who don't know what I'm talking about.... Carlton=Alfonso Ribiero from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Who the **** cares about Charles Barkley. HE GOT TO SING KARAOKE WITH CARLTON!!!!! Please tell me Carlton sang It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones.For those who don't know what I'm talking about.... Carlton=Alfonso Ribiero from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
and Silver spoons!
3. I hear ya. I hesitated writing it because it's full of Hellmuthian name dropping, but hey, it is what I did... also a lot of the stuff that I do now on a personal level I can't blog about. Just wouldn't be right.5. He just wouldn't fit in and he'd be the biggest prima donna there. They genuinely don't want guys like him there, seriously.
I think I speak for the enitre world when I say there is a huge difference in the type of name dropping you did and the kind Hellmuth does.Still very impressed with your improvment in your golf game.Time to play Vaswani?
Was this at Cabo Wabo? My buddies and I were there earlier in the day on Thursday and the waitress said that it would be packed later that night. We make it a point to be there every year for the tournament, it's just such a relaxing time. We also usually run into a few celebs/athletes at the poker tables. But like you said, it's just so relaxed that it's not a big deal to sit down at the table across from someone like a Barkley or a Gretzky. It's what makes it so enjoyable and relaxing.
sounds ... relaxing? :club: Tahoe is pretty awesome anytime. I've heard the ball really sails there. (Heavenly has great skiing)My sister was dating a guy who was connected with the Phoenix Suns back when Sir Charles was with the team, so I got to hang out with him and his crew a few times. Let's just say that guy knows how to enjoy a night out. Some of the most fun evenings in memory.Also saw some of this on TV and some guys had pulled up a boat along the shore near one on the holes that had an inflatable goal post rigged up on it. Several football guys were stopping along the fairway and chucking footballs through the uprights, looked like 30 or 40 yards out. Pretty cool
sounds ... relaxing? :club: Tahoe is pretty awesome anytime. I've heard the ball really sails there. (Heavenly has great skiing)My sister was dating a guy who was connected with the Phoenix Suns back when Sir Charles was with the team, so I got to hang out with him and his crew a few times. Let's just say that guy knows how to enjoy a night out. Some of the most fun evenings in memory.Also saw some of this on TV and some guys had pulled up a boat along the shore near one on the holes that had an inflatable goal post rigged up on it. Several football guys were stopping along the fairway and chucking footballs through the uprights, looked like 30 or 40 yards out. Pretty cool
haha, just realized how many times I used "relaxing." It really is though. We actually stayed at the Grand Residence Marriott, the Heavenly Gondola is just out our window...very cool. Yeah, it's really hard to describe the vibe out there during the tournament...it's really cool to have that kind of access to your favorite players and celebs. They are all so accomadating, but at the same time the people respect their "space." The best time I had was 2 years ago when I sat down to play 3/6 at Harvey's and realized I was sitting just across from former MLB'er Vince Coleman. I'm not a Cardinal fan by any means, but I grew up watching this guy. We struck up a conversation, and he was a very humble guy. It's those kinds of things that make that week so much fun...you just never know who you might run into.
Did Mikey ever make it out there?
Hellmuthian
That is a fine word. I like it. Rolls off the tongue.Get Checky in here and we can discuss the dialectics and intrinsic tautologies of Hellmuthianism versus Negreanianism. Then nobody will know what the hell is going on.