Heh. I was just going to post exactly the same thing. I love Futurama but they should not consider re-casting any of the talent. The characters are too well established and the hordes of geeks would not stand for it.

They'd have to be suicidal to use a new cast. It'll be canceled immediately. A select few people will riot in the streets.

the show's unwatchable without the original cast. it's probably a rumor or just part of the bargaining process to save a little money on salary.to all the people who didn't like it: why?
I just don't think I've watched it enough to get into it.

My favorite show ever, and a litmus test to determine who I admit to the select group of the very cool. The Simpsons gets credit for lasting forever, and at its height it and Futurama were equals, but Futurama tops The Simpsons for its consistent high quality and the way it made you invest emotionally in the characters.It does sound like a bargaining tactic. It was never the voices but the writing that made the show, but I'd still much prefer to have the original cast. But I'll still watch if they keep coming up with lines like:

Listen, this is going to be one hell of a bowel movement -- he'll be lucky if he has any bones left.

Professor: No, he can't know anything about it. The worms inside Fry know everything Fry knows.Bender: They know how to make ice cream soup?

100% negotiation tactic. Fox is dumb (dumb enough to cancel and then have to go and bring it back half a decade later) but not dumb enough to piss of the fan base that kept it alive and helped bring it back by getting rid of the voices.

I dunno. Fox is pretty dumb.Not counting its news channel, its dumb specialty seems to be having a monster hit show, and then doing all it can to piss off the creators of those shows. The Simpsons is pretty much the only reason the new network of Fox didn't fail its first year out, so what do they do when the creator branches out into another show? They schedule it after football, guaranteeing that most of the shows will be "joined in progress" or preempted entirely, then they cancel it, saying no one's watching. Then when the X-Files is the network's next monster hit, what do they do with the spin-off The Lone Gunmen? Cancel it after a season after jerking it all over the schedule. Didn't they also decline to renew Buffy, causing it to move networks, or was that somebody else?

The Simpsons is pretty much the only reason the new network of Fox didn't fail its first year out...
SB, I think it could be argued that Married with Children's buzz was easily the most important key in securing wide enough distribution to be taken seriously. Whose creates, btw, were never on good terms with the network, and if I recall correctly, the show was canceled without even a chance to shoot a finale.Edit: I base this assumption mostly an E! THS I saw like 8 years ago, as I'm pretty sure this happened before I was born.
I have every season on DVD! Quality show :club:
I do as well. Amazing Show! I bring it with me when I travel to watch episodes. :)Bringing it back without the main characters voices seems lol. Doesn't make any sense.
I do as well. Amazing Show! I bring it with me when I travel to watch episodes. :)Bringing it back without the main characters voices seems lol. Doesn't make any sense.
Ya, it doesn't make much sense but it doesn't mean it won't be good. Hopefully they come to some kind of agreement. The voice actors need to stop being so greedy!
  • 4 weeks later...