Jeff Shulman's Comments About Wsop

Dickbag assholes don't come much bigger than Adam Schoenfeld.
And apparently they travel in packs. This surprises me. I figured if one came in contact with another, it ended with crime scene tape, chalk outlines of bodies, and evening news cameras.
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh, he does appear to be acting like a giant douche. I don't really understand what good his comments can do. It seems like he just wants the attention or to be a 'bad boy'. idk, I really don't understand why he's acting like this. Maybe it is just because he's pissed off the WSOP didn't give CardPlayer the exclusive rights or whatever, but that still doesn't explain the "I'll never play poker again" comment.
I think his point is, that he intends to win and take that money out of the poker community forever. I could be wrong, but that's the way I took it. I like him. Harrah's is a joke
I don't think you will find many instances in life where everyone is treated exactly the same. There are different rules for everyone in just about everything that happens in life. Whether it be the WSOP, two athletes on the same team, or two employees for the same company. Nobody treats everyone the same and if they say they do they are probably mistaken.
Thislife ain't fair. It ain't right, but it's a fact. Deal with it. Rich people get better treatment, a different legal system and so on. The average jerkoff that watches poker on TV changes the channel immediately when it has 9 no names. The average jerkoff stops on the channel and watches when Phil Helmuth is playing. That's just fact. Love him or hate him, he's good for ratings, thus, he gets special treatment because he makes them money.
Did not try one. I gave up on the food stand right in the poker area after taking a couple bites of a rubbery cheeseburger. I heard someone say the grocery store style sushi they had was ok.I did appreciate the expanded massage areas though. When you have a bad back, it is so nice to have that option.
Happy endings?
The average jerkoff that watches poker on TV changes the channel immediately when it has 9 no names. The average jerkoff stops on the channel and watches when Phil Helmuth is playing. That's just fact. Love him or hate him, he's good for ratings, thus, he gets special treatment because he makes them money.
Who you calling average ?
Happy endings?
that would have been pretty awkward with hundreds of people walking by. I would hate to shame the other men like that.

He is entightled to his opinion about Harrahs. The only thing that is a little douchey is his thoughts on the bracelet. As for never playing poker again if he wins its actually not a bad idea. He will never reach the heights of a ME win again. Why not quit while your on top?

He is entightled to his opinion about Harrahs. The only thing that is a little douchey is his thoughts on the bracelet. As for never playing poker again if he wins its actually not a bad idea. He will never reach the heights of a ME win again. Why not quit while your on top?
more $$?
Point taken.What does saying I won't play in the Rio or WSOP again accomplish though. Is it because he will have a lot of money so he won't need to play? Or is it a ploy to make Rio and the WSOP look bad? If he hates it so much, why did he play in the first place?It just seems like a big marketing ploy to me.
Ya I will agree that it seems a little strange, I'm not really defending Shulman per se I'm just defending peoples right to bash Harrah's and the WSOP.
He will never reach the heights of a ME win again.
umm I think this is his second WSOP Main Event Final Table.3 million dollars in player revenue for one tournament IS ridiculous and I'm glad someone is at least calling out the greed. Will there be a tournament of champions this year?that was rhetorical because we all know the answer to that one
umm I think this is his second WSOP Main Event Final Table.3 million dollars in player revenue for one tournament IS ridiculous and I'm glad someone is at least calling out the greed. Will there be a tournament of champions this year?that was rhetorical because we all know the answer to that one
Even in a bad economy and with poker losing some luster they got 6500 players. I think the low mark we will ever see again is probally over 5k. I cant see anyone ever winning this tournament twice again.

Jeff Shulman’s alternative bracelet ideas: 1. Auction off the bracelet and give the money to charity 2. Hold a tournament for all players shut out of the main event and award the winner the bracelet 3. Give the bracelet away in a SpadeClub.com tournament 4. Give the bracelet to Stephen Colbert

lol @ shulman trying to be justice in poker.If he does happen to win and do something foolish with the bracelet he is basically spitting on a 40 year old tradition. Pokers most covenant prize and it's worth a piece of crap to him. His arguments all suck, they all seem like an old school player whining about the "old days" and how poker should be like this and that. He says Harrahs caters to high profile players, he also mentions people being left out of the main event. Well let's see TJ Cloutier was left out of the main event, I would say he's a high profile player. A bunch of people register at the last second of the biggest poker tournament in the world and they get left out, didn't high school teach you to meet your deadlines?? 4 months to register and you wait till the last second? what a joke.Poker doesn't need a captain america, stop trying to be a hero and stop disgracing the tournament.

Jeff Shulman’s alternative bracelet ideas: 1. Auction off the bracelet and give the money to charity 2. Hold a tournament for all players shut out of the main event and award the winner the bracelet 3. Give the bracelet away in a SpadeClub.com tournament 4. Give the bracelet to Stephen Colbert 5. Stop hanging out with Adam Schoenfeld, so that a women might actually look at Shulman as a person, and not a loser with loser friends. Then give the bitch the bracelet, since we all know women love gold.
FYP.

You know if he is telling the truth about it not being because of the exclusive card player thingy then I am actually taking in as him almost saying Eff poker in general. You hate Harrah's. Cool. I have no problem with that. I hate Steak n Shake, the difference is I don't go there any more. Him playing in the ME and waiting to get on as close as a national stage as he could get and......then.....saying he hates Harrah's and he is gonna trash the bracelet is like me going to Steak and Shake every day for 10 years then finally winning a "best customer" award and saying "I hate you guys and I don't want this" and tossing it in the trash and walking out. it's just not logical. Don't try really hard for a really long time to get the cake and when you finally get it....b.itch about how terrible it is. It makes you look like a buffoon. I'm not saying I hate the guy or don't think he is entitled to his opinion....but....really? NOW....you hate Harrah's? NOW you are "making a statement for the players?"What a joke.....

You know if he is telling the truth about it not being because of the exclusive card player thingy then I am actually taking in as him almost saying Eff poker in general. You hate Harrah's. Cool. I have no problem with that. I hate Steak n Shake, the difference is I don't go there any more. Him playing in the ME and waiting to get on as close as a national stage as he could get and......then.....saying he hates Harrah's and he is gonna trash the bracelet is like me going to Steak and Shake every day for 10 years then finally winning a "best customer" award and saying "I hate you guys and I don't want this" and tossing it in the trash and walking out. it's just not logical. Don't try really hard for a really long time to get the cake and when you finally get it....b.itch about how terrible it is. It makes you look like a buffoon. I'm not saying I hate the guy or don't think he is entitled to his opinion....but....really? NOW....you hate Harrah's? NOW you are "making a statement for the players?"What a joke.....
I almost QFT, but you hate Steak & Shake? Seriously?I almost don't think we could ever be friends now.
Jeff Shulman's alternative bracelet ideas: 1. Auction off the bracelet and give the money to charity 2. Hold a tournament for all players shut out of the main event and award the winner the bracelet 3. Give the bracelet away in a SpadeClub.com tournament 4. Give the bracelet to Stephen Colbert
Yeah I like #4 too. Positive press for his cause and for Poker.Go Jeff.

I think this may be a big part of his arguement:This year, the WSOP locked out players who flew in from around the world to play in the main event.I know there were a lot of unhappy people who wanted to play in day 1d and were surprised when told it was sold out.

This could be the most insane post in the history of FCP. This guy is absolutely nuts. Steak 'n Shake is AWESOME! :club:
good interview with jeff on the scoop, where he explains pretty much everything.here is the link http://www.cardplayer.com/cptv/channels/8-...op-jeff-shulman
Who know's if some of the anger is from the WSOP reporting deal (them not getting it)? But, he brings up a ton of valid points about the celeb atmosphere. It will be interesting to see what DN's thoughts are on this deal... I'm kinda guessing he's siding with Harrah's?
lol @ shulman trying to be justice in poker.If he does happen to win and do something foolish with the bracelet he is basically spitting on a 40 year old tradition. Pokers most covenant prize and it's worth a piece of crap to him. His arguments all suck, they all seem like an old school player whining about the "old days" and how poker should be like this and that. He says Harrahs caters to high profile players, he also mentions people being left out of the main event. Well let's see TJ Cloutier was left out of the main event, I would say he's a high profile player. A bunch of people register at the last second of the biggest poker tournament in the world and they get left out, didn't high school teach you to meet your deadlines?? 4 months to register and you wait till the last second? what a joke.Poker doesn't need a captain america, stop trying to be a hero and stop disgracing the tournament.
there were a ton of people left out of the ME who were told that there was NO way that anyone would be shut out. throughout the entire WSOP history, no one has been turned away. you can't blame a player for not registering earlier