2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

Phil Ivey is 7th highest trend topic on twitter right now. ppl are excited!
seeing him get close i was hoping this would happen. having him make the final table is great for poker. kind of the opposite moneymaker effect. get people re-interested because of a name they already know.
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Ivey have any prop bets with other pros for making the final table?It seemed like from some of the twitters he may have had a big bet with Andy Bloch, but I don't know if it was for win or just final table?

Seat 1: Darvin Moon - 58,930,000Seat 2: James Akenhead - 6,800,000Seat 3: Phil Ivey - 9,765,000Seat 4: Kevin Schaffel - 12,390,000Seat 5: Steven Begleiter - 29,885,000Seat 6: Eric Buchman - 34,800,000Seat 7: Joe Cada - 13,215,000Seat 8: Antoine Saout - 9,500,000Seat 9: Jeff Shulman - 19,580,000

Bubble was so quick for the WSOP Main Event I didn't even have time to get to the Rio. Congrats to Ivey and Shulman for making the Nov. 9!
seriously, most people were thinking no way they get to the final 9 before 2am vegas time and somehow they finish just before 11. They went from 13 to 9 so quickly (in large part thanks to billy kopp who should be immediately put on suicide watch).

WEEEEEEEEEEEE, its great to wake up and see that Ivey and Joe Cada did make the Final 9.As for Moon, that guy will hopefully come back down to earth as Dennis Phillips did when November comes around.

WEEEEEEEEEEEE, its great to wake up and see that Ivey and Joe Cada did make the Final 9.As for Moon, that guy will hopefully come back down to earth as Dennis Phillips did when November comes around.
why are we hoping Moon runs bad? his post tournament interview makes him sound like a nice, humble guy. I think it would great for poker if he won (preferably defeating Ivey heads up).More fun to root against Jeff Shulman who says he will "never play poker again" if he wins the Main Event and will probably "throw the bracelet in the trash".
Because Phil Ivey is at the final table, obv.
well the good news is Mr. Moon could not possibly run better than he did last night. It is going to be painful watching all the Aces get cracked on TV in a few months. I think Aces went down three times in the last two hours of play.now Dennis Phillips can do a column about the dangers of Aces on a 842 board.
why are we hoping Moon runs bad? his post tournament interview makes him sound like a nice, humble guy. I think it would great for poker if he won (preferably defeating Ivey heads up).More fun to root against Jeff Shulman who says he will "never play poker again" if he wins the Main Event and will probably "throw the bracelet in the trash".
You are right he does sound like a nice guy, but just don't want to see a Gold-like performance (also b/e Ivey is there). By Gold-like, I do not mean the annoying banter and cockyness, I mean the extreme luckboxing. You are also right about Shulman, if he is so pissed about the WSOP's dealings with Cardplayer then boycott the series and don't play. Cardplayer's live coverage of the WSOP was terrible anyway.Also they just had a story regarding Ivey on Sportscenter this morning.
gotta thank you guys for the updates I have been reading the last 5 pages. The hype for nov will be crazy. just crazy. how much more side action is phil going to get because of this. His side bets will definetly be higher than what the prize will be.
lol, you honestly think Ivey will have over 8million in side bets? I think not

This could be massive. Having a established Pro at the table like Ivey is so much better than having Chino Rheem as your "Pro" at the November 9.

my two cents:From the brief interview I saw with Moon, I think he is great for poker..He is the poster boy for the average mid american Friday night poker player. Seems like a family guy with values.Shulman is whats bad for poker...Unshaven degenerate looking 34 year old that basically said he has no respect for the WSOP. I will be cheering AGAINST him.The obvious story is Ivey. Winning a tourney with 6500 players after already possessing 7 bracelets(two this year) is a major coup for poker. It proves to the average American that poker is a game of skill.They just have to convince Ivey to be a little more approachable and marketable. He seems to shy away from the spotlight. Can you imagine if it was Hellmuth or Daniel at the final table....There would have been appearances on Letterman and Conan already booked.

Can someone give me the lowdown on what Shulman is walking-around-with-stick-in-ass for? When did he make those retarded comments?
It's somewhere in this thread. It somehow has to do with how WSOP treated Cardplayer, in which Shulman is the Editor.Edit: I found it for you: http://wickedchopspoker.com/jeff-shulman-r...event-bracelet/
It's somewhere in this thread. It somehow has to do with how WSOP treated Cardplayer, in which Shulman is the Editor.Edit: I found it for you: http://wickedchopspoker.com/jeff-shulman-r...event-bracelet/
He said last night it is not about Cardplayer (bullshit).....but that his beef is with Harrah's/the WSOP and how they treat the players.I have seen multiple threads/comments on this site about how shitty Harrah's is and how badly they screw the players. There was also a thread about the Rio poker room being run by scam artists basically making people pay for open seats in cash games. So maybe, Shulman has a point (sort of) but he is clearly going about it in a jackass way.