2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE. Huge win for Ivey. Down to 10!Jamie Robbins Eliminated in 11th Place ($896,730)Jamie Robbins moved all in for 2.35 million and Phil Ivey made the call. Robbins KcQsIvey Ah10hThe flop didn't help Robbins, coming down 833 . The turn was another 3, the river was a 5 and the crowd full of Ivey fans roared as their man took down the hand and sent Jamie Robbins to the rail in 11th place. Ivey is up to 9.61 million.

I suck at tournament poker but can't the 5-3 diamonds guy find a fold somewhere, especially with the board pairing on the turn?

I suck at tournament poker but can't the 5-3 diamonds guy find a fold somewhere, especially with the board pairing on the turn?
Or at least he could slow the **** down
Yes, especially given the situation.Not that I'd ever make it this far in the ME, but there's no way I go broke something like 4th in chips /w 13 left with a 5 high flush and a paired board /w a card to come, even if I did flop it. Maybe killer fatigue set in?

Ivey is 8/9 but it is a solid eighth as he is just barely behind the guys in 6th and 7th and he has 3 mill+ more than 9th place.Also, Kopp could think hard about not raising with 53 from early position in this situation. I know aggression is great but there is a time and a place for 53 and this is not it in my book.

Or at least he could slow the **** down
Well shouldn't he figure something is up when the other guy check-raised him? oh well.. it's better for Ivey but that hand puts me on tilt for some reason.
Well shouldn't he figure something is up when the other guy check-raised him? oh well.. it's better for Ivey but that hand puts me on tilt for some reason.
21 mil to busto....
he should've...kopp could've just called down to river to depending on the river bet.

Darvin Moon 45100000 Eric Buchman 35000000 Steven Begleiter 30300000 Jeff Shulman 22600000 Jordan Smith 15000000 Joseph Cada 13200000 Kevin Schaffel 10800000 Antoine Saout 10055000 Phil Ivey 9710000 James Akenhead 5550000 akenhead short, #7-9 effectively equal. probably something like 90%+ chance he survives now :club:

He turned a flopped flush into like a 98% bluff. There is no way to get value from a hand that you beat, and you will only get called by someone who beats you. The only time you get the bluff to work is if you got a smaller flush, that is still bigger than yours, to fold. Seeing how it happened a bit close to the final nine, the risk/reward is a bit askew.They didn't say a timeline for the hand, or if the QJ guy tanked for 5 minutes or anything, but that actually is a pretty big call on his part too.... Not sure how many chips he would have had if the guy had a full house....Seems like these people have more chips than they can handle.
Darvin Moon 45100000 Eric Buchman 35000000 Steven Begleiter 30300000 Jeff Shulman 22600000 Jordan Smith 15000000 Joseph Cada 13200000 Kevin Schaffel 10800000 Antoine Saout 10055000 Phil Ivey 9710000 James Akenhead 5550000 (JINX QUOTE)
no jinx!!! Remember Scotty from last year???
My thoughts exactly, especially in the situation. I know you are supposed to play every tournament the same if you are properly rolled, etc., but really, with the marketing opportunities and huge pay jumps for the final 9 that just seems like a blow up. Must be very difficult with that pressure.I would think that the raise to 20M was just a brain fart. I mean, the only hands that call have him crushed (bigger flush or a boat). In a different situation the A high draw might call there or three of a kinf, but here I think Moon gets away from those hands without any problem for that kind of reraise. So I think that was a gift for Moon.

arghhhhhhhhhhh if Ivey makes it to the final 9, I can't wait four months fjaoisd; fja;sod ifajio;d fado;if jasdo;fja dsf;okl

chipstack updateSeat 1: Darvin Moon 44,300,000Seat 2: Jordan Smith 15,430,000Seat 3: James Akenhead 5,100,000Seat 4: Phil Ivey 10,210,000Seat 5: Kevin Schaffel 13,080,000Seat 6: Steven Begleiter 26,495,000Seat 7: Eric Buchman 36,780,000Seat 8: Joe Cada 13,400,000Seat 9: Antoine Saout 10,200,000Seat 10:Jeff Shulman 17,900,000

I don't really play many(any) tournaments but in a vaccum, that seems like a pretty bad play with 5d3d there.
I thought turning flushes into a bluff was generally a good thing? :club: