** Official "when Is Your Next Vegas Trip" Thread **

There are some great late September/early October deals that I may have to get in on. Because of work I have no choice but to do the get in Friday night, go nuts for a couple days, leave Sunday night super late. Still worth it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be in Vegas 3 times between Aug 24th - Sept 5th.Will try to extend one of those stays by a couple of days instead of just stop overs at the airport.

The blueprint:Confirmed trip Saturday September 12- Tuesday September 15th.The agenda:Taking a late flight out of chicago, so we won't get in until like 9-10pm Vegas time. I figure I'll check in, check out the big board, get NFL action laid down as I see fit, then maybe a shoe or two of blackjack, or perhaps a few rounds of the "duck game", some random slot that I simply love, but to bed no later than midnight if not earlier. A good nights' sleep and get up with wife at 6-7am for some breakfast, and then zip over to MGM or Ceasars and stake out seats at the sportbook for NFL WEEK 1!! I will proceed to sit there and drink and watch football all day. The bears don't even play until sunday night, LOL.Anyone who's been there for a week 1 college/NFL before, any estimate on seating at the book. I feel like if we get there by 8am (10am kickoffs) that we'd be able to get seats. That's just a total guess though. Anyone with more of a educated thought?The monday will be fun in the sun/pokers.Nice simple trip that should cover my bases nicely :club:

7 hours?? i'm guessing you have a stopover. if it's in Minn--dont eat at the McD's in the airport, i got really sick the last time (it was probably due to lack of sleep, excitement and excess alcohol comsumption) but it made the first day or so in vegas unbearable.
ya, I'm in Minn...was originally gonna be Atlanta but this flight was better. Last time I stopped in Denver, which is a really nice airport.
  • 2 weeks later...

Labor Day weekend, Friday night to Tuesday night - first time in 15 years, celebrating a pal turning 40.Appreciate suggestions as well for decent golf course near North Las Vegas?

Sept 18 to 21. New York, New York. FIRST TIME IN VEGAS! w00tFriend chose the hotel as he's paying for the whole trip... I know, no poker room. boooo
Coyote Ugly and Krispy Kreme FTW!
The blueprint:Confirmed trip Saturday September 12- Tuesday September 15th.The agenda:Taking a late flight out of chicago, so we won't get in until like 9-10pm Vegas time. I figure I'll check in, check out the big board, get NFL action laid down as I see fit, then maybe a shoe or two of blackjack, or perhaps a few rounds of the "duck game", some random slot that I simply love, but to bed no later than midnight if not earlier. A good nights' sleep and get up with wife at 6-7am for some breakfast, and then zip over to MGM or Ceasars and stake out seats at the sportbook for NFL WEEK 1!! I will proceed to sit there and drink and watch football all day. The bears don't even play until sunday night, LOL.Anyone who's been there for a week 1 college/NFL before, any estimate on seating at the book. I feel like if we get there by 8am (10am kickoffs) that we'd be able to get seats. That's just a total guess though. Anyone with more of a educated thought?The monday will be fun in the sun/pokers.Nice simple trip that should cover my bases nicely :club:
I doubt it, on a normal sunday i used to get to the book on the strip around 8 and sometimes had trouble getting a seat. Week 1 is going to be nuts, so i would suggest maybe 7:30. Also if your two choices are MGM and Ceasars choose MGM. Ceasars is just plain awful.
I doubt it, on a normal sunday i used to get to the book on the strip around 8 and sometimes had trouble getting a seat. Week 1 is going to be nuts, so i would suggest maybe 7:30. Also if your two choices are MGM and Ceasars choose MGM. Ceasars is just plain awful.
cool. thx for info! Definitely want to err on the side of caution here.

Oct. 18-23rd, will be my first trip to vegas, will spend part of a day at a wedding, but want to play some tourneys under $500... Any info on the best places to go for tournies/ 1/2 or 2/4 NL cash games/ food? I'm staying at excalibur, seemed like the best deal through priceline..

Oct. 18-23rd, will be my first trip to vegas, will spend part of a day at a wedding, but want to play some tourneys under $500... Any info on the best places to go for tournies/ 1/2 or 2/4 NL cash games/ food? I'm staying at excalibur, seemed like the best deal through priceline..
Venetian has good daily tournies. Might want to start there.
  • 2 weeks later...
Leaving todayLook for the dude with a permanent semi at the dice table throwing back free beer
Awesome. T-minus 36 hours until I land in sunny (at that point dark) Las Vegas. Stupid head cold has really stymied what was supposed to be a really exciting weekend.Had my fantasy football draft last night as the first game was kicking off. Working a half day today and then going to the cubs game. Then playing wiffleball with friends tomorrow and then flying out to vegas with the wife early evening. I mean i should be just estastic right now. But enter the nefarious head cold (thank you wifey) monday night.I've been fighting it tooth and nail though, so I'm really hoping to be at like 75% at least by tomorrow night, and hopefully 90%+ after a day of football in the sportbook and maybe a time out to get some sun and let the 90+ degree heat dry up these sinuses!GL Stiles, take the whole place down. I intend on doing the same.
2nd weekend of November.Mark
around the same time as me Nov 15-20thCaesars Palace, all 5 nights comped , deluxe suite Forum tower

Vegas was fun. I miss her already.TR to come either during lunch today (if i have one....way busy) or more probably tonight. It was just the wife and I, so don't expect to be too excited about it. LOL.