2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's down
Yah nice job by them being that i just got home from work and am tryna check out the happenings of the day so far.
"A huge pot just went down on Blue #30. It was raised preflop from early position by Fernando Gordo to 56,000. Bertrand Grospellier, Scott Cook and Don Tran all called the raise, creating a 4-way pot with more than 225,000 chips in it before a single community card came down.The flop was {3-Hearts} {5-Diamonds} {K-Spades}. Gordo, the preflop raiser, had to act first. He bet 155,000 and got calls from Grospellier and Cook both. Only Tran folded.The turn {3-Diamonds} paired the board. Gordo fired another 250,000 into the middle. Again Grospellier and Cook both called, creating a gigantic pot of almost 1.5 million chips heading into the river {8-Diamonds}.Gordo, perhaps sensing something amiss, finally slowed down. He checked. Grospellier also checked, bringing the action to Cook."I can't do it," Cook said after a few moments. He also checked, taking us to showdown.Gordo: {A-Diamonds} {K-Clubs} - two pair, aces and threesGrospellier: {A-Clubs} {K-Diamonds} - two pair, aces and threesCook: {5-Clubs} {5-Hearts} - a full house, fives ful of threesCook dragged the pot to increase his count to about 3 million."WTF? How do you not raise that turn or bet that river?
You just have to fire on that river. what a wuss.

Bertrand Grospellier Eliminated in 122nd Place ($40,288)Bertrand Grospellier bet 47,000 from middle position and an opponent reraised to 150,000. ElkY moved all in for about 375,000 total, slightly less than what his opponent had in his stack. Grospellier’s all in was snap called and he turned over the :5c:D . His opponent tabled the :club::D . The board ran out :4h:qh:jh:3h:ts and ElkY was eliminated in heartbreaking fashion.

Scummy, scummy play here. Probably so standard to the regular tournament players that it doesn't warrant a mention, but still...

Esfandiari Can't Get a TellThere were about 450,000 chips in the pot by the turn. Antonio Esfandiari was out of position for a tangle with Wesley Ismay. Esfandiari checked the :ts:club::5c board, drawing a bet of 350,000 from Ismay. There wasn't much hesitation in Esfandiari's call. The river was another ace, the :4h. Again Esfandiari checked and this time Ismay fired out 575,000. Esfandiari quickly cut 575,000 out of his own stack and moved as if he was going to put it in the middle -- but instead kept it behind his cards and observed Ismay. For his part, Ismay was just staring at a spot on the felt. A minute went by. Esfandiari sighed and said, "I guess I don't have a choice," and again faked moving his call into the middle. There was still no reaction from Ismay. "Do you want me to call?" Esfandiari asked Ismay. No response. After another minute, Esfandiari folded his hand. He remains in contention with 2.225 million chips. Ismay is up to 3.65 million.
Scummy, scummy play here. Probably so standard to the regular tournament players that it doesn't warrant a mention, but still...
If this is the play he makes at the WSOP main event with reporters around, imagine what he does in a cash game or a $1k or $2k buyin tournament
not scummy, not an angle

Ship the Jerky!In a fairly large pot, Frank Rusnak and Thai Tran were heads up on the river. The board showed {J-Spades} {K-Hearts} {J-Clubs} {2-Clubs} {6-Spades}, Rusnak had put out one final bet, and Tran called. Rusnak tabled {J-Diamonds} {J-Hearts}, and his quad jacks were plenty good enough to take down the pot plus a little bonus. After the hand, the folks from Jack Link's brought him the token prize pack for his wild jacks."All the jerky you can eat, bro," said Tournament Director Robbie Thompson as he delivered the loot to Rusnak. He's up to 1,250,000 in chips and up to his eyeballs in beef products.deliciousmeatylife.net

Note that I said it was probably "standard." That doesn't make it right (or even close to right).
What about it seems wrong to you?
What about it seems wrong to you?
The "I guess I don't have a choice" is awful close to a call; he was smart not to use the word call. The second fake is completely unnecessary also.But stuff like this is why I don't play live much.

<H3 id=no116495>Here Comes Ivey</H3>From middle position, Bob Whalen stuck in a raise to 75,000. Alex Jalali made the call in position, and Phil Ivey elected to reraise from the small blind. After cutting out a stack of chips, Ivey instead moved all in for his entire stack of about 1.8 million. Whalen called all in for 699,000, and that was enough to get Jalali out of the way and put Whalen heads up with Ivey for his tournament life.ShowdownWhalen: ah.gifkd.gifIvey: ks.gifkc.gifThings weren't looking good for Whalen, and they wouldn't get any better. The board ran down jc.gif5s.gif4d.gif7d.gifjs.gif, holding Ivey's overpair and sending Whalen off with about 100 players left. After raking in that pot, Ivey has worked his stack up to a very dangerous 2,680,000.Look out, Main Event.

<h3 id="no116510">Why is this guy 4 bet shoving 90 bb with AA? He must be afraid to to play a big pot.</h3>lol King river<h3 id="no116510">Lacay Spikes Case King</h3> Soon after that Royal Wiseman bustout hand, Hamid Nourafchan was back in action, once again raising to 100,000 before the flop, this time from middle position. It folded to Ludovic Lacay in the big blind who made it 350,000. Nourafchan responded by pushing all in, and Lacay made the call, committing his entire 2.8 million-chip stack. Nourafchan showed ac.gifah.gif, and Lacay kh.gifkd.gif. As the players stood up to await their fate, Adam Bilzerian said he'd folded a king. The flop came js.gif5d.gifjc.gif and the turn 4d.gif. Just one card in the deck to save Lacay -- and it came on the river, the ks.gif. Lacay catapults back to 5.65 million, and Nourafchan tumbles back to 2.4 million.

Ivey just sucked out with Js vs Qs - up to over 3 mill
I'm really wishn'!!Wheather u like him or not, you'd be a fool if you didn't recognize what this would do for the game.
I'm really wishn'!!Wheather u like him or not, you'd be a fool if you didn't recognize what this would do for the game.
Not to mention the medical profession

9 minutes ago | Posted by FerricRamsium Table TalkAndrew Lichtenberger: "If I wear my hat backwards, will it make me look like a badass?"Phil Ivey: "... Nothing you do will make you look badass."

Esfandiari Lays Down the LawJamie Robbins raised to 80,000 from late position and Antonio Esfandiari called on the button. In the big blind, Bobby Law reraised all in for 666,000. Robbins folded, but Esfandiari made the call.Alper Sar looked at Esfandiari and said, "I feel it!""Yeah, I feel it too!" Esfandiari agreed. "I misread my hand though, I thought I had two kings," he went on to say, rolling over K Q .Law tabled A K and looked like he was going to double up in dominating fashion."It's time to do what I do best," said Esfandiari as the dealer was about to spread the flop. The flop then came down J 10 9 , flopping Antonio the nuts."Is there a queen in the deck one time?" asked Law.The turn brought the J, no help for Law. The final card off was the 7 and that did it. Law was eliminated on the hand by Esfandiari.