I Hate (wsop) Poker

Okay, here's my day three story....Came into the day with 86,300.....Chipped up through the first level to about 95 or so...Partway through second level, this hand went down.Me:buttonBlinds, 800-1600, antes 200Cutoff calls 1600I look down at AA on the button.I raise to 5400BB calls, cutoff folds, heads up to the flopFlop: 10/10/JBB makes it 14000. I take this to mean he does not have a pocket jacks or a 10. I think he re-raises pocket jacks preflop most times, and I don't think he's playing A/10 or J/10. If he DID have a 10 or JJ, I would expect a check to get me to C-bet.I re-raise to 28000. He tanks for a full minute, further confirming that he doesnt have a 10 or JJ. I'm now sure he has either QQ, KK, or POSSIBLY but unlikely AA.He announces all-in.I snap call.He turns over KK.4 on the turn.K on the river. two outer for a 180K pot.I have 2600 left. I manage to run in up to 40K but I can't stay afloat with big stacks and good players at my table. Halfway through the next level, I die......I may never play poker again...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That blows.I can see a lot of people who play the main event feeling like that after busting. Your pretty much tryna climb to the peak of the poker world and you get high up there only to be thrown back to the bottom. ALl you can do is stand up, dust yourself off, and grind your way back to the top.

didnt really read, dont really give a shit,go cry to your momq
FU Baxterdont even care if you go to 4bb or if you are already there....thats still a dickhead commetn and even if you were being funny its bullshit in a thread where a respected memeber posts his bad beat in the biggest tournamnet of the year.
whats 4bb have anything to do with this?wasnt being funny although i have been told my statement made people gigglebottom line is, i dont give a shit about his or anyone elses bad beats. im so sick of people sending me beats on aim that if you send me one i will give you a warning and then if you send me another i will block you!!!!!!!!ya my comment was dickish, but i dont really care? i didnt post my bad beats from the ME. man up, deal with it, understand that there is variance in poker and just put more ****ing volume in and quit crying on fcp when noone gives 2 shits about your beat and whoever does give 2 shits is stupidcue superthreadhofresults
count me in as the whoever does give two shits is stupid! That is one of the worst beats I have seen, with two outs on the river. If I am reading it rigth it is in day three of the tournament every poker player dreams of; the main event. On top of that gruven had been a great member for a long time. Even if you dont follow hockey you can appreciate his poker interviews on his free podcasts. To just throw total disreagard to what he had to say about his final hand on DAY 3 is beyond my comprehension. ill get off your nuts about it but is totally rude to treat Gruven like that IMO.
so it matters that its gruven and not just some random newb?doubt it
yeah it doesat least if you are going to click on the link for the thread read the original post. especially if a poster like Gruven is the one making it.

Sorry Chris, that's a shitty beat :(FWIW I think if you get 2 outered in the ME you're allowed to complain and expect sympathy here, especially if you're one of the guys like gruven who is routinely nice to everyone and goes out of his way to hook up FCPers when he can.Mark

FU Baxterdont even care if you go to 4bb or if you are already there....thats still a dickhead commetn and even if you were being funny its bullshit in a thread where a respected memeber posts his bad beat in the biggest tournamnet of the year.
lol @ 4bb having anything to do with it.
I lost with middle set vs top pair, wtfbbq lets talk about that
That really sucks... Like the pros say, the day you get knocked out of the ME is the worst day of the year, and it's ten times as bad if you get BB on the way out the door.... better luck next year, Looshle..
That really sucks... Like the pros say, the day you get knocked out of the ME is the worst day of the year, and it's ten times as bad if you get BB on the way out the door.... better luck next year, Looshle..
u2u2

Tough beat Gruven, you did play well. It's hard to lose in the ME of the WSOP for anyone because it's usually every poker players dream to win that one special event.You deserve the respect as everyone on FCP does. GG Chris you made it to day 3 and that is something to be proud of. :club: