Official Fcp Fantasy Football League

So, I joined the league, and created my team... I've been away from the UK for more than a year now, so my knowledge is not as up-to-date as I'd like. Also, this is the first time I ever did a fantasy(whatever) and it seems a bit more complex than I had anticipated... Anyways... There is a first time for everything, so lets see how it goes...BTW, my team is TIMAO...

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<--------- Robot Chicken FC.

I'm signing up!Mercury RangersWhat, No Shearer??? j/kAnd a question...can we make as many changes as we like after selecting a team BEFORE the season starts and what kind of strat are we looking at? Hitting the cap precisely or leaving some space? Haven't been in one of these in a long time...

I'm signing up!Mercury RangersWhat, No Shearer??? j/kAnd a question...can we make as many changes as we like after selecting a team BEFORE the season starts and what kind of strat are we looking at? Hitting the cap precisely or leaving some space? Haven't been in one of these in a long time...
Yes you can make as many changes as you like before the season starts. During the season you can make 1 free transfer per week without penalty. If you don't use your free transfer it can be used then next week but you cannot accumulate free transfers. So if you make more than 1 transfer you are liable have points deducted. There is also a transfer WILD CARD which can be used only once in a season but means you can transfer as many times as you want without penalty.
Is the League 'reset' every week? And then is there an overall winner at the end of the season?Just briefly, how does that side of it work?
What do you mean re-set?You just add up your points total one week to the next. Most points at the end of the season = winner!
What do you mean re-set?You just add up your points total one week to the next. Most points at the end of the season = winner!
At the end of each week, does the League go back to everyone having 0 points?With an additional 'overall' points tally still running, obviously. Or is it just continuous for the entire season?

Its continous for the whole season. The only time where part totals matter is the manager of the month compo where the best Manager in a month (for the whole site not just our league) gets a prize. Another interesting factor which I didn't mention earlier is that the values of players can go up and down during the season. So for example last season you could buy Amr Zaki for a small ammount then sell him later for a profit after he had scored all those goals early in the season.

Whats the worst that can happen to Gerrard on this trial?
with the lawyers he has, a tarnished rep and a couple hours community service. its a huge storm in a teacup anyways, if this was an average joe it wouldnt have been been an arrest let alone a trial. complete joke.
with the lawyers he has, a tarnished rep and a couple hours community service. its a huge storm in a teacup anyways, if this was an average joe it wouldnt have been been an arrest let alone a trial. complete joke.
That's not true at all. If a charge of assault is made, it goes to Court. Obv it wouldn't get the coverage this one is getting but still, there's 100's of trials going on every day in Court rooms all over the country.
That's not true at all. If a charge of assault is made, it goes to Court. Obv it wouldn't get the coverage this one is getting but still, there's 100's of trials going on every day in Court rooms all over the country.
heh, embarrassingly enough my brother was actually in court today pleading guilty to affray! idiot. bit weird though, he got in a fight in a club which was caught on cctv. the guy who was in the fight with him got knocked out but was in the army so didnt press charges and was subsequently absolutely fine, the club didnt press charges but because the punch got caught on cctv the police are pressing charges. seems like an easy conviction to me.
heh, embarrassingly enough my brother was actually in court today pleading guilty to affray! idiot. bit weird though, he got in a fight in a club which was caught on cctv. the guy who was in the fight with him got knocked out but was in the army so didnt press charges and was subsequently absolutely fine, the club didnt press charges but because the punch got caught on cctv the police are pressing charges. seems like an easy conviction to me.
Hmmm.. has he got a good lawyer? lolYeah, things like this can happen to almost anyone though, even if you're not looking for trouble. I've actually been in Court myself for common assault, for something similar if not slightly less than what Gerrard is up for. Basically I had an altercation with a guy in a restaurant about a window. He wanted it open, I wanted it shut. It sounds v childish writing it here.. well, I guess it was a bit anyway.. but it ended up with me losing my temper with him and I got him round his throat as he went to open the window and basically threw him back into his seat.That was that though, I stayed and finished my meal with my gf. I saw that he seemed a bit shocked by what happened, but I thought it was over. This was up in Cheshire... 2 weeks later, when I was back in London I get a knock on my door from the police!! The guy had seen me leave and taken down my car registration and reported me. He'd stayed behind to get witness reports from others too, and staff. So, the police confirm who I am and charge me with assault!It took about 8 months for the case to get to trial, which was annoying, but I got off with it completely in Court. Luckily I had a very good lawyer who managed to make the guy lose HIS temper a little on the day.. Well, that was it, as soon as he'd done that, the claim was made that this guy obviously had a problem controlling himself and that I was the one who got provoked. Verdict - Not Guilty! lol
Hmmm.. has he got a good lawyer? lolYeah, things like this can happen to almost anyone though, even if you're not looking for trouble. I've actually been in Court myself for common assault, for something similar if not slightly less than what Gerrard is up for. Basically I had an altercation with a guy in a restaurant about a window. He wanted it open, I wanted it shut. It sounds v childish writing it here.. well, I guess it was a bit anyway.. but it ended up with me losing my temper with him and I got him round his throat as he went to open the window and basically threw him back into his seat.That was that though, I stayed and finished my meal with my gf. I saw that he seemed a bit shocked by what happened, but I thought it was over. This was up in Cheshire... 2 weeks later, when I was back in London I get a knock on my door from the police!! The guy had seen me leave and taken down my car registration and reported me. He'd stayed behind to get witness reports from others too, and staff. So, the police confirm who I am and charge me with assault!It took about 8 months for the case to get to trial, which was annoying, but I got off with it completely in Court. Luckily I had a very good lawyer who managed to make the guy lose HIS temper a little on the day.. Well, that was it, as soon as he'd done that, the claim was made that this guy obviously had a problem controlling himself and that I was the one who got provoked. Verdict - Not Guilty! lol
no idea if my bro's lawyer is any good or not, i live down in brighton now whilst my bro lives up in twickenham. the incident happened on may 1st so its taken this long to go to court. i remember the date because he missed the brentford promotion party against luton lol. he was much more gutted about that than the actual arrest!
  • 2 weeks later...

Just and update of how things stand at the moment. We have 16 teams at the moment, which are;paddystyxpoker JamborinoFC Bobson FC Hairy Penguins Robot Chicken FC Worlds Greatest afc rinswun Bendtner's Knickers PistolC's Dream XI Colchester United Red Elephants TIMAO Guilherme Jammy Dodges Mercury Rangers Fearsome Beavers CFC Hawks Hopefully we can get a few more teams in the mix before the start of the season.