Why Do People Like Jack Ten So Much?

Lately I have been picking up my volume by playing the 180 man turbos and my god do people love J10. Its amazing they call raise and reraises with it. They instacall off 15bb blind steal shoves with it. More than any other hand when I see a multi way all in someone is in there with jack ten. This is not a bad beat complaint, far from it I love the fact that so many people are in love with the hand. i dont mind at all getting sucked out on when people are willing to throw there chips in with such a mediocre hand. What do you think it is about that hand?

Lately I have been picking up my volume by playing the 180 man turbos and my god do people love J10. Its amazing they call raise and reraises with it. They instacall off 15bb blind steal shoves with it. More than any other hand when I see a multi way all in someone is in there with jack ten. This is not a bad beat complaint, far from it I love the fact that so many people are in love with the hand. i dont mind at all getting sucked out on when people are willing to throw there chips in with such a mediocre hand. What do you think it is about that hand?
I think it's a not so thoroughly thought out application of a statment along the lines of "this hand has a lot of potential." Sure you can hit a royal or broadway but these types most likely aren't applying any second level thinking or even situational analysis in their decision making.

it beat my flopped set of aces today after guy called a 3 bet with it preflop in lhe tourney, so it must be the nuts

J10 is a marginal hand that weak players frequently over-play. It's main use is in multi-way pots or 4-bet shove situations against a lag-tard.
I don't overplay it, but I will call all kinds of donks raises with it to bust them when I hit.
I don't overplay it, but I will call all kinds of donks raises with it to bust them when I hit.
But this is so -ev given that you're often up against a better hand, possibly OOP, with nothing more than a drawing hand. Reverse implied odds abound. Which is why I advocate 4-bet shoving J10 ss pre vs villains who freq. 3-bet light.
But this is so -ev given that you're often up against a better hand, possibly OOP, with nothing more than a drawing hand. Reverse implied odds abound. Which is why I advocate 4-bet shoving J10 ss pre vs villains who freq. 3-bet light.
All depends on the player.
Cause if you only call with good cards, they know exactly what you have!Strategery
Joke or not, it's true.