Can We Officially Say Fcp Sucks Now?

I still don't necessarily understand the point. Everybody has MSN or AIM, right? I guess other than a few efforts I made with Zach to improve the strat forums here, there's really never been a time I didn't go to 2+2 to get advice or participate in theory/hand discussions. I mean, more power to everyone.. that's cool and all. But, the thing I kinda always liked about this place is that it *wasn't* as serious and as uptight. To be clear, I'm not saying RDog or anyone else is wrong for leaving but this place has pretty much always been the same, other than the charter membership fiasco. As for the OP, meh.. whatever. Tons of succesful, winning, intelligent posters have left this site over the years. New folks come along and it all seems to work out.
no one appreciated my gordon ramsay-esque attempts either :'(i feel your pain man!
  • Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gallo is the reason I quit 4bb.

I'd just like to say that I enjoy posting both places and will continue to do so. I do think that FCP is in a pretty significant down period at the moment and as such, I post less here. However, I als

I'm still lost as to what the answer is. I think it sucks. You don't. Some seem to. Others don't. How did I already have the answer? This isn't a 4BB vs FCP thread.
For the record... you didn't bring up 4bb. Neither did I... we just answered questions.
it just seemed as tho the reason for this thread was to say "hey, all the cool people are over at 4bb (or whatever it's called) and that's why FCP now sucks." You may not have brought it up, but it seemed as though you (OP) was waiting for someone to. If I'm misreading this, then my bad...but it felt like a FCP vs. 4bb thread from the get go. Anyway, good luck to 4bb.
1. I don't post in Gen Pop unless I'm am ridiculously bored--like now. I find it pretty unbearable. I'm in the minority who finds rail calls and ego strokes about as useful as slamming your dick in a car door. 2. Yes, there are a lot of people who think they know it all, but don't. I disagree on your second point. Dumb posts, useless posts and off topic posts are disposed of really pretty quickly. Chrozzo wouldn't last a day and a half on 2+2.
For 2: I don't read it enough to really notice. But when I do read a thread, there is quite a bit of nonsense to sift through. Not necessarily things that are clearly trolly, but when you go looking for some decent info, there is some picking and choosing to do.
it just seemed as tho the reason for this thread was to say "hey, all the cool people are over at 4bb (or whatever it's called) and that's why FCP now sucks." You may not have brought it up, but it seemed as though you (OP) was waiting for someone to. If I'm misreading this, then my bad...but it felt like a FCP vs. 4bb thread from the get go. Anyway, good luck to 4bb.
I guess I can see where you're coming from.You are reading way too far into my intentions instead of just addressing the OP though...which I guess you sort of did but then jumped right back into my intentions
I don't think the intention was for it to turn into this at all.
I guess I can see where you're coming from.You are reading way too far into my intentions instead of just addressing the OP though...which I guess you sort of did but then jumped right back into my intentions
I don't think the intention was for it to turn into this at all.
my bad then, I guess I was way off. fwiw, i still appreciate fcp for what it is.
I think his question is/was I think FCP sucks now, am I just out of touch with it or does everyone else agree? Has it survived and the newer people still enjoy it as much as we used to?
I'm all for saying it's ebb and flow, but ever since 4bb... it's either totally dead, or something stupid is going on. I mean, stupid threads are nothing new, but they're not even that good, and there's no quality at all in gen pop. You could usually get like 1/30 quality at least in here.
For the record... you didn't bring up 4bb. Neither did I... we just answered questions.
Just for the record.

I think that FCP for the most part has lost that "community" feel it used to have, but I may be way off-base.

I think his question is/was I think FCP sucks now, am I just out of touch with it or does everyone else agree? Has it survived and the newer people still enjoy it as much as we used to?
For the record. My first 3 windows are 4bb/FCP/FCP... so I still enjoy it enough to have 2 sections going.
Who are all the good players?
DinkDonk gibler321 NoSup4Upocktdeuces aussiedonk Acid Knight Rdog vtlaxer09 BubbleboyTremomeyWhatgreatisTehtoe Gary212121 Cwik Bsmitty23 HighwayStar gilbertology IQCrash chgocubs99 AAsnake88 TheNakedBellairedrew KHSPoker21 tskillz187 trussdude empythree seacucumber cubsfan44 FARGOpokerND yourboygsarida Sheiky Daperch gigidyking1305 buckettucker senninantistuff Troyomacalbertoflamingo CJW-LFCstaniv Bull62 outsider13 AimHigher dms26 Whatever checkymcfold dreamcrusher28Cappy37 gobearsrvrchsrhtr Deftones150 jkalib Dictius Agent_Smithy Speedkills SyousTrueAce13 AcesOnFire pokerqueen07 fighter Gallo Rocketpoker828 ah2388 Ouch8s Stupidhead TrueFX Zimmer4141 babylondonks The Lobster JordandanegeMerby
LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL fish.Mark

lol, wp rocketI really hope that people come to post on FCP to be friendly and help people get better. But I think lately (definitely in the strat forum) people take things much more personal and don't look to actually improve their game. Everyone starts getting pissy b/c a more skilled player is telling them a correct play or something. I think that has also drove away at least the better players. And no, not every better player quit posting to post on 4bb.Again, FCP is a sweet place, but everyone has to stop trying to argue at any moment possible

I think that FCP for the most part has lost that "community" feel it used to have, but I may be way off-base.
ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE PRIVATE FORUM IS BETTER? DFAOI AJSDFO;A SDGJOI A;FD;

Its the summer so i think its only natural that fcp would slow down.But you also have to factor in the fact that there isnt really that much of a draw to FCP anymore. This isnt an active site where players can play anymore. DNs video and written blogs can be accessed in other ways. DN isnt overly active in poker side of the forum. So, if you are a new poster, what exactly is the draw to come and post at fcp. If you are an old poster, and some of the older people have moved on, its not a suprise that they have moved on as well. Plus, I'm sure there are a handful of the charter members have stopped coming because they have lost interest in poker.FCP doesnt have any big draws to the site. There are better places to discuss strategy. There are better places to discuss poker news. There are better places to stalk the pros. So, naturally, the slow down makes perfect sense.But, I still like FCP. I like being able to recognize the posters rather than the overwhelming nature of 2+2 that is hard to keep up with when you are only casually looking. I like the dumb threads started by the newbs and gmalampshade. So. For the mean time. Ill be staying.

Our 4.40 Challenge this month has 47 individual people entered into it, the largest prize pool ever in two plus years of the challenge. I think that's an indicator that there is still a community here.

Our 4.40 Challenge this month has 47 individual people entered into it, the largest prize pool ever in two plus years of the challenge. I think that's an indicator that there is still a community here.
LMAO @ The Wet Bandits!
imo FCP has just become a bunch of divided cliques that can loosely be called a community.there's the 4BB'ers, charter members, RP (even though it's a smallish group), the new guys (Chet/demondonk) and the people who should go die (ifold_08 ) (obv sw here)the groups keep becoming more distant for one reason or another and it's part of why you don't see a lot of posts in rail threads anymore - i think both of twstdwrstr's combined for something like 19 posts in the past 14 days?