Does anyone watch this?It's OK, but I really can't stand this JudgeAlexandra Guarnaschelli bio-alexandra-guarnaschelli_al.jpgNothing is ever any good to her. She seems like a very unhappy person.

She is just horrible. Looking for confrontation and intimidation. If the Chefs dare to disagree with her, she does the simian stare down to insist on establishing her position as JUDGE.

everyone thinks they are Simon Cowell. My wife and I watch food network from time to time and I like the premise of this show. But it is only ok.

I like watching, but I agree on that judge. The staring really pisses me off.I like the hispanic judge who likes the stuff spicy when everyone else is bitching about how it's burning their mouth.

I actually like Alexandra Guarnaschelli. She is great at describing food and I thought her commentary on Iron Chef and Chopped was thoughtful, articulate and constructive. I got the vibe that she was rooting for them to do better in the next rounds.

Does anyone watch this?It's OK, but I really can't stand this JudgeAlexandra Guarnaschelli bio-alexandra-guarnaschelli_al.jpgNothing is ever any good to her. She seems like a very unhappy person.
I almost started a thread about this a few months back when it premiered but there were so many threads on cooking shows. I like the show and don't miss an episode, but her and the other lady judge seem REALLY snobbish.
I almost started a thread about this a few months back when it premiered but there were so many threads on cooking shows. I like the show and don't miss an episode, but her and the other lady judge seem REALLY snobbish.
The other one might put me on tilt just a tad bit more than this one but both are insufferable bitches.

I don't like how appalled they act when someone doesn't get everything plated in the 30 minutes, or the plating is messy. I understand it is the point of the show, but that is not something to act like that over. Get angry that it tastes like shit, or they forgot an ingredient.The judging part seems contrived, probably why I did not like the guest judge on Top Chef last year. It is also probably why top chef is such a good show, that most of the judges will look to compliment and only tear down if needed.

I don't like how appalled they act when someone doesn't get everything plated in the 30 minutes, or the plating is messy. I understand it is the point of the show, but that is not something to act like that over. Get angry that it tastes like shit, or they forgot an ingredient.The judging part seems contrived, probably why I did not like the guest judge on Top Chef last year. It is also probably why top chef is such a good show, that most of the judges will look to compliment and only tear down if needed.
I agree with this. I think it was last week were that one chef never had enough time to fully plate each dish and left parts out a couple rounds and that one judge acted like he took it as a personal insult. 30 minutes moron. That is why I am enjoying Top Chef Masters because most have been judges on Top Chef and are now realizing how hard these timed challenges really are. It's not as if these chefs are not trying.

Timed challenges have GOT to be a real bitch. Not only do you have minimal time to get everything cooked properly and plated nicely, if just ONE ingredient is early or late, it messes the whole deal up.

There is a reason for timed challenges, that is pretty much what cooking is. Timing. Anyone can take a recipe for one dish in a pot and follow it and do it correctly if they have unlimited time. It is also to see how creative they are in that short period of time. Conceptualize a dish, then complete it in the allotted time. For instance, I know if I have 30 minutes and shrimp as main ingredient, I don't have time to do Gumbo or Jambalaya. But I could do any number of grilled or fried shrimp meals in that time frame.I just hate that they act offended, as if they purposely left the julienned cabbage off their plate.

I just hate that they act offended, as if they purposely left the julienned cabbage off their plate.
I guess I didn't not take it as that they were offended but that they needed to state all of the issues so that it is understood why a decision was made. It is a tough competition but few chefs get the opportunity to have a 1 out of 4 chance to win $10k for one day of work. Also, the critique from well renown chefs is something valuable to help them take their career to the next level. It should be tough.
I actually like Alexandra Guarnaschelli. She is great at describing food and I thought her commentary on Iron Chef and Chopped was thoughtful, articulate and constructive. I got the vibe that she was rooting for them to do better in the next rounds.
I guess I didn't not take it as that they were offended but that they needed to state all of the issues so that it is understood why a decision was made. It is a tough competition but few chefs get the opportunity to have a 1 out of 4 chance to win $10k for one day of work. Also, the critique from well renown chefs is something valuable to help them take their career to the next level. It should be tough.
I don't think you are watching the same show. :club:
I don't think you are watching the same show. :club:
I wonder if this is a hot chick vs. not hot chick thing. I say this because I feel that Padma and Gail Simmons say some harsh things on Top chef but I have not heard any criticisms about that.
I wonder if this is a hot chick vs. not hot chick thing. I say this because I feel that Padma and Gail Simmons say some harsh things on Top chef but I have not heard any criticisms about that.
They do it in a totally different way and without a snobby stare.
I actually don't like gail and padma either. Padma is not a real cooking judge just an alleged pretty face to make the show look good, Gail is meh, good critic, doesn't act like a bitch. It has nothing to do with looks, it has to do with how they carry themselves. They both come off as insufferable bitches and that is actually what my wife says about them and I am just using her words since they fit perfectly.
  • 3 months later...
She is just horrible. Looking for confrontation and intimidation. If the Chefs dare to disagree with her, she does the simian stare down to insist on establishing her position as JUDGE.
...and now she gets her own show.