Turning To Religion At A Time Of Crisis

you know the way today has been going nothing in this place surprises me anymore including this insult cause it's been one after another. Even in the religion forum there is no hope.
At least not in one filled completely with atheists.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

everyone knows prayers don't come true if you say them out loud

No, no problem. It's just a little odd that you'd post a prayer asking God to take you instead of others in at least three places (like one wasn't good enough). A bit dramatic, but hey it's the inte

I got nothing better to do so why not take some time to respond...first of all, I not looking for any ones sympathyYes you were. Maybe you don't realize it but it was a obvious post of LOOK AT ME PEOP

Just got off the phone with spademan cause I couldn't understaND (extra space) why he hasn't thrown any insults in this thread yet.Turns out his comp is down and [he] asked me to post his thoughts.Unfortunately I couldn't comprehend most of what he said, but basically he said somethingh about a magic flying wizard zombie, and his unemployed carpenter son,and anyone who buys this crap is a moronic scum[-]toothed imbecile. :club:
Is this a joke account? It must be. Didn't recognize it until now, but the inconsistency in the retardation of your grammar and syntax is suspicious. Why would you occasionally not use the space bar... how could you "accidentally" hit caps, type two letters at the end of a word, fix it before typing the next word, but not fix the two cap letters at the end of the last? All too purposeful.
Is this a joke account? It must be. Didn't recognize it until now, but the inconsistency in the retardation of your grammar and syntax is suspicious. Why would you occasionally not use the space bar... how could you "accidentally" hit caps, type two letters at the end of a word, fix it before typing the next word, but not fix the two cap letters at the end of the last? All too purposeful.
One of his other accounts is John Waters, but the grammar issues are the same for that one, so maybe he has two joke accounts.
you know the way today has been going nothing in this place surprises me anymore including this insult cause it's been one after another. Even in the religion forum there is no hope.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It'll do you no good... just snap out of it.For ****'s sake.
Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It'll do you no good... just snap out of it.For ****'s sake.
you got a point. Yesterday was a real f of a day. I think I must of cry a good size lake full. At least for 6-7 hours worth. Between swallowing a bitter pill of reality and some half truths. I think simple PM's would have be more tactful than the way it came out to be honest. I don't want that attention like that ever again, never did in the 1st place that's where donk4life has it wrong. Your point was very well made, but I don't tell all my secrets of my life so there. Enough pity party okay so who is leveling me ? Plato, John Waters, Plus one = who SA21 or JJJ or spademanI know SA21 is a mastermind of many accounts here

I am unsure why my name is mixed up in all of this. Possibly because I am new. I also do not know why Mr. T feels as though I am "leveling" anything at him or her. I am here to discuss the merits of Deism.

I am unsure why my name is mixed up in all of this. Possibly because I am new. I also do not know why Mr. T feels as though I am "leveling" anything at him or her. I am here to discuss the merits of Deism.
she is questioning it because of the previous other posts above thats why?
none of those accounts are mine.
I don't know why SA21 but I do believe you this time, call it women's intuitionjust know someone is
SYntaxx is overated anyWay, thanx god {no pun inteded} your arent mine english lit prof>
And lets not forget "Plato".
Good call on this.
lol. I love it.
Good call on this. lol. I love it.
brvheart are you guilty of something lol?

Funny how many murderers on death row found religion. When it looks like they are about to find out.... ya know... maybe I'll give religion a chance, just in case.Rose...if I gave you a rock that thwarted off bears (Simpson episode rip off) and one day you didn't get attacked by a bear so you attributed this to the rock in your pocket...you would have faith. Faith that the rock protected you from bears. The non-believers would say that it is false faith because the rock had no effect on bears attacking you.... nothing more than a coincidence. But if it made you feel good.... so be it. If turning to religion makes you feel good in bad times... so be it. Enjoy life...enjoy each day. If you don't find a belief that fits you... just be happy. No one can convince you to believe.... just be happy.If you do find religion, don't expect others to believe the way you do. (I'm seriously against imposing my beliefs on others but I don't mind sharing if they ask...and yes I know this goes against what the Apostle Paul taught)Bring it on, haters !

Funny how many murderers on death row found religion. When it looks like they are about to find out.... ya know... maybe I'll give religion a chance, just in case.Rose...if I gave you a rock that thwarted off bears (Simpson episode rip off) and one day you didn't get attacked by a bear so you attributed this to the rock in your pocket...you would have faith. Faith that the rock protected you from bears. The non-believers would say that it is false faith because the rock had no effect on bears attacking you.... nothing more than a coincidence. But if it made you feel good.... so be it. If turning to religion makes you feel good in bad times... so be it. Enjoy life...enjoy each day. If you don't find a belief that fits you... just be happy. No one can convince you to believe.... just be happy.If you do find religion, don't expect others to believe the way you do. (I'm seriously against imposing my beliefs on others but I don't mind sharing if they ask...and yes I know this goes against what the Apostle Paul taught)Bring it on, haters !
Yes, the intellectual elite, murderers on death row. They should be consulted on all matters of great importance, imo. If people believe something when it is in their interest to do so this does quite the opposite of giving credibility to that belief.
yeah find a belief that fits you and believe whatever makes you happy. i think the ghost of jesus said that in 3rd thessalonians or something.
Yes, the intellectual elite, murderers on death row. They should be consulted on all matters of great importance, imo. If people believe something when it is in their interest to do so this does quite the opposite of giving credibility to that belief.
"Belief"....I don't think this word means what you think it does.
yeah find a belief that fits you and believe whatever makes you happy. i think the ghost of jesus said that in 3rd thessalonians or something.
Wow.... wouldn't pick you of all people to assume religious belief immediately referred to Christianity.
"Belief"....I don't think this word means what you think it does.
ok, what does it mean?
Wow.... wouldn't pick you of all people to assume religious belief immediately referred to Christianity.
Ah, I thought this might happen. I could tell you were on the verge. During your absence you have converted to Sikhism, am I right? Sat Sri Akaal, my friend.
i was referring to the fact that you're supposedly a christian, and saying things that are blatantly contradicted by the bible.sorry if you recently converted to something else : )
i was referring to the fact that you're supposedly a christian, and saying things that are blatantly contradicted by the bible.sorry if you recently converted to something else : )
Nope...I just purposely avoided saying anything about Christianity in a discussion about religion, therefore avoiding the whole "All you Christians think about is Christ. There are other religions, ya know." usual banter. You read too much into the post. I understand that there are religious beliefs that differ from mine.
ok, what does it mean?Ah, I thought this might happen. I could tell you were on the verge. During your absence you have converted to Sikhism, am I right? Sat Sri Akaal, my friend.
"If people believe something when it is in their interest to do so this does quite the opposite of giving credibility to that belief."Belief is the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true. The amount of "belief" has no variance on the validity of what is believed. Ergo..the statement you made about someone believing when faced with death invalidates what they believe in is in fact not true. The fact that they "believe" in whatever they believe does not lose credibility because of why they are believing.Sikhism...Gotta go google that. Must have skipped school in World Religion when they went over that one.
You read too much into the post.
not at all. you're selectively ignoring the bible and changing the definition of christianity to fit your own personal sensibilities (happiness is more important than belief).i'm not complaining about that, just pointing it out.
"If people believe something when it is in their interest to do so this does quite the opposite of giving credibility to that belief."Belief is the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true. The amount of "belief" has no variance on the validity of what is believed. Ergo..the statement you made about someone believing when faced with death invalidates what they believe in is in fact not true. The fact that they "believe" in whatever they believe does not lose credibility because of why they are believing.Sikhism...Gotta go google that. Must have skipped school in World Religion when they went over that one.
You seem to be arguing that whether or not someone beleives a certain proposition has no bearing on it's truth. That was actually my point, since your original post seemed to imply that murders turning to god had something to do with religion being right. Now, the reasons people beleive does have a lot to do with credibility. Consider Larry, who beleives that John did not kill his father, for one of the following reasons:1. John said so at his murder trial. 2. He saw Frank do it. 3. He stands to inheret a fortune if John did it. I think whether he believes for reason 1,2, or 3 has quite a bit of influence on his credibility don't you?