• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I just received a text from Bill's girlfriend. It reads:He is still in rehab getting his weight and blood count normal. He should be getting out in 2 weeks!
Excellent news!

thats the best news i've heard all day. hope all continues to go well for him. hopefully this HU match is over.

awesome news , can't wait to see him posting again, wtg Bill keep that fight going

60 minutes should seriously cover this story. I've never known someone to get a cruise illness and still be hospital sick almost 6-months later.I typically hear from him (his GF) every few weeks or so and Trussdude and/or I will post whenever we hear something. Hope this time he's out so he can pay back Pat! lololllll :club:

Wow what a terrible situation and what a strong person you must be to have fought through it. Stay strong and fight the good fight! Nice hold :club:

Wow what a terrible situation and what a strong person you must be to have fought through it. Stay strong and fight the good fight! Nice hold :club:
Nah...Everytime his heartrate went dangerously low, his girlfriend whispererd: " Can you believe they called your set of kings dead because you touched your cell phone" into his ears.That heart rate jumped up to athlete level each and every time.
Nah...Everytime his heartrate went dangerously low, his girlfriend whispererd: " Can you believe they called your set of kings dead because you touched your cell phone" into his ears.That heart rate jumped up to athlete level each and every time.
Hahahaha too funny!

Just got a text from his GF.He almost died....again. She usually texts in small snipets and I am not going to question her at length but this parasite was and is a killer. If he had waited any longer the result would have been very very bad.Anyway, he is still at a special hospital in the Carolinas and with any luck will be out in several days (:heard that before face: lol)Wishing the best for a speedy ANY recovery :ts ALSO.... while I'm at it...Our good green friend Chrozzo. Rose made a few posts in General and Chris texted me a few days ago himself.For those who don't know he apparently almost died too! Went in for his Cystic Fibrosis tune up and apparently had Pneumonia AND H1N1. It was very bad and it almost got him. He is still in ICU and will be for another month.Get well soon Chris! :club:

gee my prayers are at full tilt for the both of them dam, if anything lord please take me , and save them.

• 5 weeks later...

Here is the update I received from his girfriend on Friday:"He had a setback with a lung infection and had an interaction with the steroid they gave him. He is feeling better and has gained some weight."I then asked about an address where we can send a get well card and got this reply:"The disease center doesn't allow it. Apparently he can not handle letters and packages that might transfer bacteria and viruses. He can't use cell phones either."

Here is the update I received from his girfriend on Friday:"He had a setback with a lung infection and had an interaction with the steroid they gave him. He is feeling better and has gained some weight."I then asked about an address where we can send a get well card and got this reply:"The disease center doesn't allow it. Apparently he can not handle letters and packages that might transfer bacteria and viruses. He can't use cell phones either."
At the risk of being called a callous jerk I have to say something now...this is upsetting and pretty weird imo.I have never known anyone to be this sick for this long and not have either gotten better by now or died. His GF is answering his phone all the time now and never speaks, just texts.His brother is handling all his affairs but no one can talk to him.And that last text is laughably ridiculous imo. but..no flowers? or cards? or phones? or visitors? or internet???? wtf??? Is he a bubble boy now? What kind of hospital is this??? What kind of disease is this???At the least you would think at some point, even if just for a few hours or so during the past 6 MONTHS he would have been able to communicate by himself, no? I mean...this has been going on since June! And he was home for a while at one point, correct?The logical, rational, suspicious side of me is screaming that something about this whole story now stinks..and I will gladly apologize later if I am wrong.Something is not right here. Either there has been some foul play or..hell...I dunno. This is just so damn WEIRD.