Absolute/UB Cereus Hold'em, $0.04 BB (9 handed) - Absolute/UB Cereus Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($0.56)Pancake (SB) ($0.36)BB ($0.07)UTG ($0.40)UTG+1 ($0.26)MP1 ($0.26)MP2 ($0.67)MP3 ($0.30)CO ($3.28)Preflop: Pancake is SB with A :4h, Q :5c4 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 1 fold, Button calls $0.02, Pancake bets $0.04, 1 fold, MP3 calls $0.02, 1 foldFlop: ($0.12) 9 :3h, 2 :club:, 4 :qh(2 players)Pancake bets $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02Turn: ($0.16) 7 :jh(2 players)Pancake bets $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04River: ($0.24) 9 :ts(2 players)Pancake checks, MP3 checksTotal pot: $0.24 | Rake: $0.02

bet bigger preflop. is this limit it seems like it is. if its limit yah you played it right

I'm curious...what are you hoping to accomplish by checking this river? Are you giving up on the hand? Are you trying to catch a bluff?I'm not saying it's terrible, I'm just curious to know why you checked a non-scary river card when you bet every other street. Personally, when I see .02/.04 I hearken back to my days at .5/1 on Party a few years ago. Back then there were many players who would call two streets here, but fold the river. Personally, if I'm going to continue my c-bet on the turn here (and I probably would), I'm betting again on the river. It's pretty much a bluff, but it keeps the ball in my court. If I'm raised it's an easy muck (b/c no one is bluff raising this river at this level), I stand the chance of folding out a something like AK or a small pair and no one has to see that I bet two streets with nothing.

I stand the chance of folding out a something like AK or a small pair and no one has to see that I bet two streets with nothing.
1. AK or small pairs are rarely folding on this board. they may check behind tho, saving you a bet. and AK is less likely given pf action.2. you dont "have nothing" you do have the 2nd nut no pair, which can be ahead of some of his range, especially if he peels easily or chases AJ, etc to the river/calls down with it. 3. betting two streets "with nothing" can be to your benefit, getting value from lesser made hands later on that you might not have before. if anyone is paying attention, that is. whatever folds to your river bet can't beat you anyway, and may try and bluff. c/c easily best way to play the river.

C/c river is certainly the default here, but if you have a read on villain that he calls down light with A hi, a value bet on the river is fine here. Certain players will always showdown A high on low boards like this, thinking they have the odds to beat KQ. But yes, the standard play is to become a bluff-catcher and c/c river here.

1. AK or small pairs are rarely folding on this board. they may check behind tho, saving you a bet. and AK is less likely given pf action.2. you dont "have nothing" you do have the 2nd nut no pair, which can be ahead of some of his range, especially if he peels easily or chases AJ, etc to the river/calls down with it. 3. betting two streets "with nothing" can be to your benefit, getting value from lesser made hands later on that you might not have before. if anyone is paying attention, that is. whatever folds to your river bet can't beat you anyway, and may try and bluff. c/c easily best way to play the river.
I stand corrected...I agree with pretty much everything you just wrote.