Ak In 3-bet Pot - Villain Takes Wierd Line.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 ($1.90)Hero (MP1) ($10.12)MP2 ($3.88)MP3 ($5.28)CO ($3.27)Button ($10.21)SB ($5)BB ($5.32)UTG ($5.66)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, 1 fold, MP3 raises to $0.55, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.40Flop: ($1.17) 7, A, 7 (2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checksTurn: ($1.17) 2 (2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checksRiver: ($1.17) 10 (2 players)Hero bets $0.65, MP3 raises to $2.40Total pot: $2.47 | Rake: $0.10I was planning to check-raise the flop because he could easily spaz out with KK or AQ, I wasn't really worried about paying off AA. When he checked behind I put him on KK, QQ, JJ or something of the sort that hated the ace. I was thinking about betting the turn but I thought that he might bet a KK or QQ (pretty standard at 5nl) and I might make some value out of those hands. On the river I didn't want to let him check behind with hands that might call a bet, so I bet around 50% of the pot hoping to get a call from KK, QQ etc. I didn't expect a raise at all, which led me to think he could only have AA, 1010 or 77 here taking this line? would c/c or c/f be better on the river?

Uh...c/f on the river? With AK in a pot that 0 bets have gone into. That certainly isn't an option. I think river is a pretty standard call once you get raised. He could have all sortsa weird shit here, your hand doesn't look very strong. You have to call river.

Should we not be betting this turn? I feel like we're kinda missing lots of value here. AQ/AJ isn't folding to a turn bet, KK/QQ/JJ might or might not call but are likely to check behind anyway so we're not inducing anything.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG+1 ($1.90)Hero (MP1) ($10.12)MP2 ($3.88)MP3 ($5.28)CO ($3.27)Button ($10.21)SB ($5)BB ($5.32)UTG ($5.66)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, 1 fold, MP3 raises to $0.55, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.40Flop: ($1.17) 7, A, 7 (2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checksTurn: ($1.17) 2 (2 players)Hero checks, MP3 checksRiver: ($1.17) 10 (2 players)Hero bets $0.65, MP3 raises to $2.40Total pot: $2.47 | Rake: $0.10I was planning to check-raise the flop because he could easily spaz out with KK or AQ, I wasn't really worried about paying off AA. When he checked behind I put him on KK, QQ, JJ or something of the sort that hated the ace. I was thinking about betting the turn but I thought that he might bet a KK or QQ (pretty standard at 5nl) and I might make some value out of those hands. On the river I didn't want to let him check behind with hands that might call a bet, so I bet around 50% of the pot hoping to get a call from KK, QQ etc. I didn't expect a raise at all, which led me to think he could only have AA, 1010 or 77 here taking this line? would c/c or c/f be better on the river?
I think hero's awful line means we have to call. If I've ever seen a blocker-type river bet, that .65 bet is it.

I think we need to value bet all day here... Turn and river for sure and my experience at 5nl makes me think we may get three streets of value from some villains.

My experience of micro limit players is that they rarely 3-bet AQ or AJ and certainly don't check them when they hit. This came at the end of a session that I don't remember being 3-bet once apart from this. I'd have been more confident that I was ahead if he had bet on any street. Micro limit players like to trap religiously, and generally vs an unknown they don't usually bluff like this, unless they're a spewtard or a v.good presumably broke 50nl+ reg not adjusting to the micros.I was just asking as after the hand I was debating whether or not I played the hand awfully, and whether or not i should have called that river raise. This is a line that I would expect a flopped monster to play at the micro's and I wasn't in love with my hand on any street. I guess on the turn I wanted 2 streets of value from KK or QQ, so I thought c/c turn and bet river was the best way. I didn't expect him to check behind on the turn at all.

My experience of micro limit players is that they rarely 3-bet AQ or AJ and certainly don't check them when they hit. This came at the end of a session that I don't remember being 3-bet once apart from this. I'd have been more confident that I was ahead if he had bet on any street. Micro limit players like to trap religiously, and generally vs an unknown they don't usually bluff like this, unless they're a spewtard or a v.good presumably broke 50nl+ reg not adjusting to the micros.I was just asking as after the hand I was debating whether or not I played the hand awfully, and whether or not i should have called that river raise. This is a line that I would expect a flopped monster to play at the micro's and I wasn't in love with my hand on any street. I guess on the turn I wanted 2 streets of value from KK or QQ, so I thought c/c turn and bet river was the best way. I didn't expect him to check behind on the turn at all.
What monsters besides TT and AA are we worried about here? If villain 3bets with a 7 in his hand; that'd be amazing...

This is an easy call. His three-bet preflop is just full of hands we have crushed. I think not betting by at least the turn is a mistake, but I still think the only reason he is raising river is cause your hand looks so weak. If he shows up with TT here, it's your own fault.

This is an easy call. His three-bet preflop is just full of hands we have crushed. I think not betting by at least the turn is a mistake, but I still think the only reason he is raising river is cause your hand looks so weak. If he shows up with TT here, it's your own fault.
Not that it's his own fault, but that is sucks as a cooler...I think generally checking the flop is good, and if checks behind than we bet turn/river as discussed
Not that it's his own fault, but that is sucks as a cooler...I think generally checking the flop is good, and if checks behind than we bet turn/river as discussed
well possibly a cooler but i think if he gets to the river and hits TT, without us betting before the river, I'd say it's our own bad play. That is not to say he won't call a bet on a prior street with TT, but its the exact reason we make him do it.
well possibly a cooler but i think if he gets to the river and hits TT, without us betting before the river, I'd say it's our own bad play. That is not to say he won't call a bet on a prior street with TT, but its the exact reason we make him do it.
I definitely think we be the turn, fwiw