2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

had a bad last level... tried to make to much happen... gave away 7k to some nit, another 2k with 55, and got repopped twice... once with JJ, other guy had QQ...Made one flush today, lost to straight flush...no straights, no sets, no full houses... pretty much grinded to not quite 40k... than blew it in 2 hours...come back Wednesday MR (Miranda room)...20,900 chips...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here to hoping seat 4 and 6 combine a weight of 643 lbs and perspire more than butterbean boxing in a suana . :club:
I got a mini axe spray for that situation... although, I doubt it would help...

pretty retarded day, starting with seating as the same table as The-Toilet, whom I'm also rooming with out in Vegas and is just a super sick laggy live player. never got above 30k, ended day 1 with about 18k

had a bad last level... tried to make to much happen... gave away 7k to some nit, another 2k with 55, and got repopped twice... once with JJ, other guy had QQ...Made one flush today, lost to straight flush...no straights, no sets, no full houses... pretty much grinded to not quite 40k... than blew it in 2 hours...come back Wednesday MR (Miranda room)...20,900 chips...
make magic happen mengh!if you make a featured table, promise me you'll find and wear a shirt with chunk doing the truffle shuffle on it! please!SOMEONE FIND THIS MAN THIS SHIRT.
lol die.32,075 to end the day.... had 2 tables throughout the day and both were pretty tough so I played pretty nitty. Only biggish hands were me calling a raise out of the sb when an uber fish called on buton (i have AJ) flop KQT rainbow.. i check raise the button who calls. turn 4c total rainbow now.. i bet 5825 into like 8k and he minraised and obv got it in against his KQ and somehow bricked. THat sent me up to 55k where I just about peaked. Couple levels later after dinner I had KJ on the button and squeezed an 850 open and a call to 3125 with KJ.. both called and the original raiser shoved 14.6k into 10ish on a flop of KQ9ss and I called but couldnt dodge his A3ss. lulz. That put me back to 30k and I just grinded after that for small pots.Feelin good and hopefully I can start accumulating a little on wed. Blinds are gonna be 250/500/50
LOL at minraising a bet of 5825....
we're playing 10 handed tomorrow until they can accomodate 9 handed tables.
Yep, that's the solution I figured they'd use. So "capacity" really isn't 2809, it's ... (pulls out a calculator) ... 3120ish? if all tables started 10 handed. Further fuel for those who were denied entry.
make magic happen mengh! if you make a featured table, promise me you'll find and wear a shirt with chunk doing the truffle shuffle on it! please! SOMEONE FIND THIS MAN THIS SHIRT.
the truffle shuffle av was classic...
Yep, that's the solution I figured they'd use. So "capacity" really isn't 2809, it's ... (pulls out a calculator) ... 3120ish? if all tables started 10 handed. Further fuel for those who were denied entry.
How so? If they let another 500 people enter they'd probably be playing 12 handed on day 2

See, everyone's dodging the real reason they capped entries.Pollack's mad at Captain Tom for not giving him a POB, so he decided not to let him or anyone behind him in line into the event.Franklin was quoted as saying, "The last person I did that to died, so I don't do that anymore. I can't understand why he (Pollack) is being so unreasonable."

See, everyone's dodging the real reason they capped entries.Pollack's mad at Captain Tom for not giving him a POB, so he decided not to let him or anyone behind him in line into the event.Franklin was quoted as saying, "The last person I did that to died, so I don't do that anymore. I can't understand why he (Pollack) is being so unreasonable."
True dat.
How so? If they let another 500 people enter they'd probably be playing 12 handed on day 2
They said they stopped accepting entries on Day 1d because they couldn't accommodate any more players, when 2809 were registered. Clearly they could have, since they're playing 10 handed tomorrow.Don't get me wrong, I'm not absolving all of the late people of their procrastination. Merely pointing out that 2809 was not Harrah's true capacity. If it is possible for them to hold more than 2809 players on Day 2b, they should have continued to accept entries on Day 1d.
They said they stopped accepting entries on Day 1d because they couldn't accommodate any more players, when 2809 were registered. Clearly they could have, since they're playing 10 handed tomorrow.Don't get me wrong, I'm not absolving all of the late people of their procrastination. Merely pointing out that 2809 was not Harrah's true capacity. If it is possible for them to hold more than 2809 players on Day 2b, they should have continued to accept entries on Day 1d.
Here's the thing, on the official schedule, they wrote that there was a daily cap of 3000 players per day. If that's true, then they should've been able to accomodate 3000 players for each day 2 as well, and should've had contingency plan in case more than that made it through.The fact is though, they advertised 3000 cap per day, and considering that not a single day reached that cap, there should've been no reason that at the very least 191 more players weren't allowed to play Day 1D. Especially since the main event is still 2000 players shy of what they had in 2006, and Harrah's was still able to run it.Next year, if they plan on doing this crap, they should end registration for the Main Event just before day 1A starts, players no longer get to choose what day they play on, and then they evenly distribute players throughout all four days at random. Then the players that show up at the last moment and still expect to play can't blame Harrah's for not doing what was advertised on their website FOR OVER A HALF YEAR IN ADVANCE, and can only blame their own laziness.
well by the sounds of it, even if they could of let in 300 more people in by playing 10 handed, 200 people still would of been left out and nothing is solved
so then you have at least done what you advertised WELL IN ADVANCE and have a less angry mob than the one who is standing there pissed because they capped entry 200 lower than advertised, and refused to do right.
Here's the thing, on the official schedule, they wrote that there was a daily cap of 3000 players per day. If that's true, then they should've been able to accomodate 3000 players for each day 2 as well, and should've had contingency plan in case more than that made it through.The fact is though, they advertised 3000 cap per day, and considering that not a single day reached that cap, there should've been no reason that at the very least 191 more players weren't allowed to play Day 1D. Especially since the main event is still 2000 players shy of what they had in 2006, and Harrah's was still able to run it.Next year, if they plan on doing this crap, they should end registration for the Main Event just before day 1A starts, players no longer get to choose what day they play on, and then they evenly distribute players throughout all four days at random. Then the players that show up at the last moment and still expect to play can't blame Harrah's for not doing what was advertised on their website FOR OVER A HALF YEAR IN ADVANCE, and can only blame their own laziness.
so then you have at least done what you advertised WELL IN ADVANCE and have a less angry mob than the one who is standing there pissed because they capped entry 200 lower than advertised, and refused to do right.
Both these state the point much better than I have been able to. Thanks.