2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

No alternates = good thingNo feature table $$$ because Ivey is being a dick = bad thing (Why wouldn't he realise that some people could use that 10K for rl goodness? Maybe he'll pony up some dough for them to compensate, but I bet he won't)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No alternates = good thingNo feature table $$$ because Ivey is being a dick = bad thing (Why wouldn't he realise that some people could use that 10K for rl goodness? Maybe he'll pony up some dough for them to compensate[\b], but I bet he won't)
I'd say there's about a .01% of that happening Ivey doesn't care (and really he shouldn't) The only reason these players were gonna get the sponsorship is because of Ivey in the first place that being said the tournament officials need to step in and explain to phil that he isn't bigger than this event and part of the deal is that it's going to be televised and naturally they want to have coverage on the most popular players. should have went like this...Phil: Listen, I don't want people staring at me and I don't need the attention can we please choose a different featured table?Pollack: That table is going to be our featured table you can either sit down or take this 10,000 back and I'll go grab one of the 200 people standing in line who wont even get to sit to play.
I am so tilted at the thought of 1700 people in a room sending twitter updates after every few hands.
New to the WSOP this year are 30 second twitter breaks after each orbit :club:

former world champ Huck Seed, and 40k winner with multiple final tables Vitaly Lunkin were both left out of the Main event. Harrah's is doing itself a huge disservice capping the field and not allowing alternates. there are rumors that 800+ ppl total were shut out of the main event. Jeffrey Pollack is an incompetent idiot who should be fired.

Lady Penalized, PatronizedAn unfortunate lady was taken aside by a floorman who most apologetically explained to her that she was being penalized for checking the nuts."You see, you had the best hand possible, so if someone bets you have to raise and if someone checks you have to bet, you have to create action. See, if you don't, then it's more like a home game, with everyone just checking and all friendly..."The lady in question looked suitably patronized, and was issued her penalty on top of that.i bet the other players were upset that they made this genius take a penalty.

I say make a day 1 E starting when play ends tonight. There is a day in between the 2 day 2s and day 3 so they could deffinatly fit it in.
is there really enough people to do this? they would also have to add a ton of shifts. easier said than done

Oops...It's not a good day to be Leroy Soesman, he turned up today fully expecting to play on Day 1d of the main event and live the dream of winning the main event.Except there was one slight problem. He had bought in for day 1a instead.Unsure if he has actually got through the day, Soesman is now working with a couple of members of staff to see if his stack made it through the day. :club:

is there really enough people to do this? they would also have to add a ton of shifts. easier said than done
If there is 800 people shut out they should make the effort. Next year they might have to offer some kind of incentives to take the earlier days with some days less than 1000 then today with 3000+
If there is 800 people shut out they should make the effort. Next year they might have to offer some kind of incentives to take the earlier days with some days less than 1000 then today with 3000+
If they don't let anyone else in, the incentive is already there to play the early days. Over/under on how many players this happens to next year?
Oops...It's not a good day to be Leroy Soesman, he turned up today fully expecting to play on Day 1d of the main event and live the dream of winning the main event.Except there was one slight problem. He had bought in for day 1a instead.Unsure if he has actually got through the day, Soesman is now working with a couple of members of staff to see if his stack made it through the day. :club:
jesus, where do these people come from
If they don't let anyone else in, the incentive is already there to play the early days. Over/under on how many players this happens to next year?
Good point. The last day will probally selll out days(if not weeks) in advance next year. Just sucks people who want to play cant.
former world champ Huck Seed, and 40k winner with multiple final tables Vitaly Lunkin were both left out of the Main event. Harrah's is doing itself a huge disservice capping the field and not allowing alternates. there are rumors that 800+ ppl total were shut out of the main event. Jeffrey Pollack is an incompetent idiot who should be fired.
Uhhh Huck's name is in the chip counts and I'm almost positive, although not entirely sure that Vitaly Lunkin played on day 1a.EDIT: Confirmed that Vitaly Lunkin played day 1a... Where did you get your info from?

JustinFiltz38,300 chips on the 2nd break. My table is 2nd to break.7 minutes ago from Tweetienonotbaxter26.3k at 2nd break15 minutes ago from TwitterFonvtlaxer0951.6k hehe30 minutes ago from txtwhittystevenjust folded AK preflop for 8 hundo... guy had qqabout 1 hour ago from mobile web

vtlaxer09Lost a pot im at 51k gonna go back to foldingless than 5 seconds ago from txtJustinFiltzNew table Brasilia room table 206 seat 4 40,900 chips Leif Force at my table. Table is 1st or 2nd to break.14 minutes ago from Tweetie sad to read that bluff article, doesn't look good on the WSOP

vtlaxer0950,125 at dinner29 minutes ago from txtnonotbaxterturn offsuit queen and he leads 6450 I shove like 12k more and he calls with qt.river bricks. 49.6kabout 1 hour ago from TwitterFonJustin Filtz Irony that after playing a perfect WSOP my last hand is the first mistake I make in 5 weeks of poker. No second chances for me this wsop. :(4 minutes ago · via Twitter · Comment · LikeJustin Filtz Out of Main Event :club: My 2009 WSOP is over JJ<AA aipf foe 88.5k pot vs a euro on the last hand before dinner break.7 minutes ago · via Twitter · Comment · LikeTreMomey in or out not sure ? on off dayTaking it easy today going to firefly for dinner in a fewabout 1 hour ago from txtJC Alvarado 26500sigh, gg Justin