100nl Nut Straight Facing 2xpsb On River

Grabbed by Holdem ManagerNL Holdem $1(BB) Full Tilt SB ($104)BB ($81.70)UTG ($20)UTG+1 ($124)CO ($134)Hero ($192)Dealt to Hero 6 :club: 7 :heart:fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, BB calls $1.50, FLOP ($5.50) 2 :4h 5 :5c 3 :heart:check, Hero bets $4, BB calls $4, TURN ($13.50) 2 :3h 5 :qh 3 :jh 4 :diamond:check, Hero bets $9, BB calls $9, RIVER ($31.50) 2 :D 5 :D 3 :D 4 :ts A :diamond:BB bets $66.20 (AI)Villain was running ~48/30 over 150 hands. No relevant history between us.

This is a bluff or a 6 a tonnnnnnnn, he'd probably give you action before the river with a flush. Snap snap.
i disagree I think you are going to see a flush most of the time.
i disagree I think you are going to see a flush most of the time.
Not that it isn't possible, but if villain has a flush he couldn't play it any worse.

He's had two opportunities to check-raise you with a flush and didn't do so. Now a wheel is made on the river and he suddenly ships everything in? Smells like he either made a wheel on the turn and is trying to scare you out or he missed hearts and wants the pot badly. If he flopped a flush, good for him, but I'd call pretty happily here.

Not that it isn't possible, but if villain has a flush he couldn't play it any worse.
not necessarily. he could've bet turn but i mean if you flop the nuts or a decent flush it's definitely not terribly played.but i still snap here as well

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that he'd slowplay the flopped flush on the flop and turn, and then push the river for 2x pot. But some players play the game in a way that just doesn't make sense.Is it possible he's playing the board, and thinks Hero is too, so he's pushing in the hopes that Hero will think he might have the flush and give up his board wheel?

not necessarily. he could've bet turn but i mean if you flop the nuts or a decent flush it's definitely not terribly played.but i still snap here as well
It's pretty terrible if he has a flush unless it's like A4hh or 46hh. He badly doesn't want a 4th heart to come if he has a flush. No matter what he has, if he has the nuts, then he won't get paid more, if he has something like 9Thh he obv doesn't want his flush to become much weaker, there are no high hearts on board, so small flushes need to be playing this very aggro.Over bets are always the nuts, the problem with this is that he shouldn't have the nuts here like at all, it's just played too weird, and he might very well think a 6 is the nuts.
call call callcall call callcallcallcalll
The REASONS are that he only has a flush about 25% of the time. He plays the board and is stealing 25% of the timeHe has a 6 less than 10% of the time. The other 40% of the time, you win outright.
The REASONS are that he only has a flush about 25% of the time. He plays the board and is stealing 25% of the timeHe has a 6 less than 10% of the time. The other 40% of the time, you win outright.
Err....what?Villain either has the flush, a 6, or is playing the board. There are no other possibilities. What is this other 40% you speak of?

I read the topic title, and figured this would be a fold, but this situation is a super fist pump-snap-helmuth-do a dance-giggle like a madman call.

Err....what?Villain either has the flush, a 6, or is playing the board. There are no other possibilities. What is this other 40% you speak of?
I really hate how you both of have red chipstacks as your avatar. I usually glance at avatars instead of names to know which post belongs to who, but you're ****ing up my chi!
It's pretty terrible if he has a flush unless it's like A4hh or 46hh. He badly doesn't want a 4th heart to come if he has a flush. No matter what he has, if he has the nuts, then he won't get paid more, if he has something like 9Thh he obv doesn't want his flush to become much weaker, there are no high hearts on board, so small flushes need to be playing this very aggro.Over bets are always the nuts, the problem with this is that he shouldn't have the nuts here like at all, it's just played too weird, and he might very well think a 6 is the nuts.
Also, I've bet 2 streets on a scary board. So if villain has the flush, he should be shoving the turn because it's highly likely that I will call. Whereas if he waits until the river and it's a heart, I fold out a lot of my range, straights and sets, that would have called a turn raise.Results - I instacalled, villain had QxTh. Ship the pot.
I really hate how you both of have red chipstacks as your avatar. I usually glance at avatars instead of names to know which post belongs to who, but you're ****ing up my chi!
You can blame mtdesmoines for that one. I had the chipstack first and he used to have a steelers logo, I believe. :club:
You can blame mtdesmoines for that one. I had the chipstack first and he used to have a steelers logo, I believe. :club:
This isn't going to help the situation. He already knows he needs to blame the guy with the red chip stack and not the guy with the red chip stack. :ts
This isn't going to help the situation. He already knows he needs to blame the guy with the red chip stack and not the guy with the red chip stack. :club:
LOL :ts