He will continue to ignore any valid point that you make because he is a Troll. That is what Trolls do....and the only reason Hellmuth is "popular" is because of the number of bracelets he has earned - not because of his self promotion/marketing. In fact, he is so widely viewed as a complete buffoon because of his marketing and TV persona that one could say he is popular despite his efforts.
In all fairness, he does goes deep often in lots of tournaments.He is a fish at cash games, can't figure out Chinese poker, and probably loses at golf,But if he's in a tournament, I would say it's a decent bet to put your money on him outlasting 90% of the field.
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey let's not encourage others to try to takeover bets that were made with me!which I'm clearly never going to get anyways
This is true.El Guapo, you now owe Irishguy $499

As far as gmanshade goes i dont mind him at all and enjoy the debates he creates and as far as this subject i dont think hes totaly off point, But as far as his bet with irishguy goes i really think he lost. How will this end welch or not ?

He will continue to ignore any valid point that you make because he is a Troll. That is what Trolls do....and the only reason Hellmuth is "popular" is because of the number of bracelets he has earned - not because of his self promotion/marketing. In fact, he is so widely viewed as a complete buffoon because of his marketing and TV persona that one could say he is popular despite his efforts.
I think you underestimate the impact Hellmuth's shamelessness has on the casual poker crowd. The diehards know he is a cash game donk and a buffoon but the casual fan eats that crap up with a spork.And, yeah, BG is right.....you can't really denigrate Hellmuth's tournament play (I know you were not doing that PotOdds, just sayin). Nobody navigates minefields better than Philly boy.
I think most of us are... :club:
QFT :ts
He will continue to ignore any valid point that you make because he is a Troll. That is what Trolls do.
I know but I've got sometime off and am really bored
This is true.El Guapo, you now owe Irishguy $499
Sweet!
As far as gmanshade goes i dont mind him at all and enjoy the debates he creates and as far as this subject i dont think hes totaly off point, But as far as his bet with irishguy goes i really think he lost. How will this end welch or not ?
It could be an interesting discussion if GM Lamp Shade were an adult. But to state that Daniel ignored what the boom was offering to soley grind when all evidence points to the fact that he was one of the first to embrace these opportunities is a little absurd.The argument on whether or not he could've done more or could've made better choices in the marketing regard is valid but like others have stated akin to being results oriented. I would suspect that the offer in 04 from pokermountain was viewed by Daniel (+his agent, family etc) as the best for him at the time (be it financially or with other things factored in). From accounts posted in the past by others involved in the FCP pokerroom it was or was on pace to being a financial succes when UIGEA kicked in. Like many things in business often circumstance and luck play a significant factor. While UIGEA crippled skins like FCP and caused Party poker to leave the USA marketplace it also resulted in a boom to Fulltilt poker.But hindsight is always 20/20. Hellmuth has likely made more off his image largely due to UB's stability in the marketplace even considering the scandal, but I can't think of a whole ton of things Hellmuth has done that Daniel hasn't also done. Arguing over book sales, dvd sales, article syndication levels, commentating etc is pointless without really knowing specific contracts and specific sales numbers.However, I've never met a single casual poker fan who knew who Hellmuth was but not who Daniel was (although his name is often mispronounced or he's described as the talkative little Canadian guy...then again sometimes they don't know Hellmuth's name and just refer to him as the obnoxious guy.)So yeah interesting topic but I've got a funny feeling I won't be seeing my $500...
It could be an interesting discussion if GM Lamp Shade were an adult. But to state that Daniel ignored what the boom was offering to soley grind when all evidence points to the fact that he was one of the first to embrace these opportunities is a little absurd.The argument on whether or not he could've done more or could've made better choices in the marketing regard is valid but like others have stated akin to being results oriented. I would suspect that the offer in 04 from pokermountain was viewed by Daniel (+his agent, family etc) as the best for him at the time (be it financially or with other things factored in). From accounts posted in the past by others involved in the FCP pokerroom it was or was on pace to being a financial succes when UIGEA kicked in. Like many things in business often circumstance and luck play a significant factor. While UIGEA crippled skins like FCP and caused Party poker to leave the USA marketplace it also resulted in a boom to Fulltilt poker.But hindsight is always 20/20. Hellmuth has likely made more off his image largely due to UB's stability in the marketplace even considering the scandal, but I can't think of a whole ton of things Hellmuth has done that Daniel hasn't also done. Arguing over book sales, dvd sales, article syndication levels, commentating etc is pointless without really knowing specific contracts and specific sales numbers.However, I've never met a single casual poker fan who knew who Hellmuth was but not who Daniel was (although his name is often mispronounced or he's described as the talkative little Canadian guy...then again sometimes they don't know Hellmuth's name and just refer to him as the obnoxious guy.)So yeah interesting topic but I've got a funny feeling I won't be seeing my $500...
Dude, this is soooooo july 6th.
Give Gman a life-time ban please?
I am the lifeblood of FCP. And if you knew my identity you would almost certainly not say this.
I am the lifeblood of FCP. And if you knew my identity you would almost certainly not say this.
LIFE TIME BAN!!!!!!!I don't care who you really are

Life-time ban definately in order. Did he not make a poll a while back and most people wanted him gone?

Knowing your identity would only continue to prove that you are pathetic and lack any semblane of integrity. Seriously are you going to pay up?The word of a douche usually isn't worth anything.
All I will say is that it is possible I have more WSOP bracelets than Daniel.
grow up! People don't care.

In terms on name recognition on FCP, the top five has to include me, Daniel Negreanu, and PrtyPsux. But this does not mean that the site could not go on without me.

In terms on name recognition on FCP, the top five has to include me, Daniel Negreanu, and PrtyPsux. But this does not mean that the site could not go on without me.
Hmmm, doubtful.But you're right, we'll go on just fine, like before.

I just might have more WSOP bracelets than Hellmuth.... ohhh crap oooops sorry I lied.

I sincerely hope that you are Hellmuth's accountI really doit would prove that despite his money, Hellmuth has far too much time on his hands, but I hope this is the case