Aces, Typical Flop....25/.50 Live, Overbets?

Playing live with the usual crew...My image in this game is fairly loose, in a lot of pots, but my re-raise PF range I would imagine is fairly transparent. I make most of my money betting for value, and continuation bets, too many calling stations to do otherwise in this game. The current villian has a very good read on me and has made some pretty sick calls on me when he thought I was bluffing... anyways.. Limp by a player in MP, folds to my buddy in the CO (really agressive player, likes to try to be the table bully, makes some pretty loose calls, raises hands like 42suited all day long) who makes it 2.50 to go, I R/R to 7 w/ AcAs, MP folds, and after some deliberation about "I am gonna bust you with this junk" the CO callsEffective Stacks are 80 after the preflop action ( i have him covered)FLOP: 5c 6c 7dCO makes a comment of "bingo!" but checks to me, I bet 10.50, and he quickly calls with no deliberationTURN: 3c CO INSTA-SHIPS for around 70.00 into a 35.00 pot, This is kinda a surprising play, as normally he makes standard size bets here (maybe 20-25 or so), I kinda wonder if he is putting me on exactly an overpair and thinks this is the perfect card to semi-bluff at? (knowing I might put in a standard bet, but won't risk this) We do have the Ace of Clubs if we are wrong here, but it doesn't feel like we are ahead, as this is his range all day long.. He normally likes to bet for value though... meh. What do we do?

Playing live with the usual crew...My image in this game is fairly loose, in a lot of pots, but my re-raise PF range I would imagine is fairly transparent. I make most of my money betting for value, and continuation bets, too many calling stations to do otherwise in this game. The current villian has a very good read on me and has made some pretty sick calls on me when he thought I was bluffing... anyways.. Limp by a player in MP, folds to my buddy in the CO (really agressive player, likes to try to be the table bully, makes some pretty loose calls, raises hands like 42suited all day long) who makes it 2.50 to go, I R/R to 7 w/ AcAs, MP folds, and after some deliberation about "I am gonna bust you with this junk" the CO callsEffective Stacks are 80 after the preflop action ( i have him covered)FLOP: 5c 6c 7dCO makes a comment of "bingo!" but checks to me, I bet 10.50, and he quickly calls with no deliberationTURN: 3c CO INSTA-SHIPS for around 70.00 into a 35.00 pot, This is kinda a surprising play, as normally he makes standard size bets here (maybe 20-25 or so), I kinda wonder if he is putting me on exactly an overpair and thinks this is the perfect card to semi-bluff at? (knowing I might put in a standard bet, but won't risk this) We do have the Ace of Clubs if we are wrong here, but it doesn't feel like we are ahead, as this is his range all day long.. He normally likes to bet for value though... meh. What do we do?
there are alot of hands that beat you here... Before I woulda said push but now after a few expensive lessons lol, I would say easy fold... both the club draw and the str8 draw made it

Do you have a playing partner? Who is this "we" you speak of?Fold, pick a better spot. Why get stacked on a semi-hero call. Live to play another day. You're only $17 in

Do you have a playing partner? Who is this "we" you speak of?Fold, pick a better spot. Why get stacked on a semi-hero call. Live to play another day. You're only $17 in
Heh, yes its tag-team poker. No, me, and any potential advisors on the hand become "we" Or if you like the Big Lebowski, "the royal we, man"I agree that it's not a good spot, but the over-bet confuses me, and we do have the ace clubs. Then again it was hard to find hands we were ahead of, as most bluffing on this type of turn would consist of a hand with precisely the ace of clubs. 88,99 w/ club?, 78 Some hands he might make this play with, and again, I have never seen an over-bet and usually he bets for value. Am I just trying to confuse myself into calling?
Fold, pick a better spot. Why get stacked on a semi-hero call. Live to play another day. You're only $17 in
I really hope this is a level. Cash games there are no "better spots." It's strictly +EV or -EVThat being said, getting 1.5:1 This is not a spot you generally like to make this call, since you probably need at least 3:1 here. Besides, people rarely overbet shove as a bluff, so dump your bluff catcher.
Heh, yes its tag-team poker. No, me, and any potential advisors on the hand become "we" Or if you like the Big Lebowski, "the royal we, man"I agree that it's not a good spot, but the over-bet confuses me, and we do have the ace clubs. Then again it was hard to find hands we were ahead of, as most bluffing on this type of turn would consist of a hand with precisely the ace of clubs. 88,99 w/ club?, 78 Some hands he might make this play with, and again, I have never seen an over-bet and usually he bets for value. Am I just trying to confuse myself into calling?
to the last sentence, yes. I do that all the time. Overthink it and then when he flips em, he just overbet because he had a low flush and was trying to protect against the 4th flush card on the board counterfeiting him. You're third level thinking and he's just thinking "shove shove shove and lets double"
I really hope this is a level. Cash games there are no "better spots." It's strictly +EV or -EVThat being said, getting 1.5:1 This is not a spot you generally like to make this call, since you probably need at least 3:1 here. Besides, people rarely overbet shove as a bluff, so dump your bluff catcher.
it was a poor turn of a phrase, so thank you oh mighty poker vernacular man. Better spot to stick his entire stack in the middle while not being behind for a $200 pot. Any better?
it was a poor turn of a phrase
More like 3 consecutive logical fallacies. The idea of "living another day" or "only being so far in" are poor thinking errors that we try to eradicate. It's more than just a mere grammar point.Don't get butthurt because somebody corrects you. That is kind of the point of group learning, so you can have some of your ego deported kthnx.
More like 3 consecutive logical fallacies. The idea of "living another day" or "only being so far in" are poor thinking errors that we try to eradicate. It's more than just a mere grammar point.Don't get butthurt because somebody corrects you. That is kind of the point of group learning, so you can have some of your ego deported kthnx.
yeah, I'm sure he was lost when reading my thoughts on his hand and in no way could he translate to cash play.Oddly, I mostly play cash yet still talk in terms of tournies. My grandest apology, but hey, who am I to question a guy with a poker term for a internet handle? And yeah, I was butthurt, crushed even, by you outing my lack of phraseology. Lemme try againFold
yeah, I'm sure he was lost when reading my thoughts on his hand and in no way could he translate to cash play.Oddly, I mostly play cash yet still talk in terms of tournies. My grandest apology, but hey, who am I to question a guy with a poker term for a internet handle? And yeah, I was butthurt, crushed even, by you outing my lack of phraseology. Lemme try againFold
:club: you sure have the longest ways of saying fuck you

I don't know guys....How tricky/smart is this villain? He has to know you can't call with any of your range, so why overbet with anything but a bluff? plus his 'bingo' comment on the flop. if he is more of a typical donk with an aggro side, I'd let it go.I think I hero-call here if this is the kind of villain I think it is.

:club: you sure have the longest ways of saying fuck you
nah, I'd never get that worked up. Just sparring a little
I don't know guys....How tricky/smart is this villain? He has to know you can't call with any of your range, so why overbet with anything but a bluff? plus his 'bingo' comment on the flop. if he is more of a typical donk with an aggro side, I'd let it go.I think I hero-call here if this is the kind of villain I think it is.
in my experience, not saying I've logged 100k of hands, but in my decent amount of experience, the overbet, more times than not, is usually a guy with a made hand trying to induce a call by making you think he's trying to by it. Just what I've experienced. Sadly. it never works when I do it.
He is by far the most competent player at the table, and knows my style the best. He has never over-bet in his life that I have seen, which makes it all the more confusing. This is certainly not just this situation against an unknown, which is an easy fold. I did end up calling, out of confusion and the reasons you just gave, hoping to see 78, which I did, of clubs oops. I hit a ten of clubs on the river that I felt kinda gross about.

I like being right, and I'm glad you won. I think somewhere I wrote that he was protecting the baby flush. Glad you got lucky. Hey, you had outs, it wasn't the worst call ever by a long shot, just a lot of gamble involved