This death is just as heart breaking as the MJ death... I grew up watching him run out on the field as I live 45 min from the stadium...I went to the apartment today where he died and took pictures with my wife... If I can figure out how to upload one on here I will...R.I.P. Air Mcnair #9
Why?Seriously, I am in no way mocking your sentiments - and I have admired people both living and dead, so I understand having role models and even heroes, in fact I feel that more people should find people to admire and emulate. But why would you go to and have your picture taken where this guy was killed?
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New reports that that broad McNair was sneaking around with bought the gun used in the murder/suicide a few days before the melee.Report
Which would be just the day after she was pulled over for DUI (but she wasn't drunk, just "high") - McNair's third DUI related incident. Remember he'd been pulled over by the - very same Cop who pulled them over last week - a few years ago. Then he was actually charged with a DUI a couple of years ago because he had his brother (or someone) drive him home from the bar because he'd been drinking, but the brother was drunk too - so under Tenn law McNair was ALSO given a DUI (later dismissed). Perhaps the most stupid law ever.
Why?Seriously, I am in no way mocking your sentiments - and I have admired people both living and dead, so I understand having role models and even heroes, in fact I feel that more people should find people to admire and emulate. But why would you go to and have your picture taken where this guy was killed?
Because just to have a picture of where a legend of a team and a person I have grown up to was killed at.... Same thing for Elvis and MLK why do people go to there place and take pictures????
Because just to have a picture of where a legend of a team and a person I have grown up to was killed at.... Same thing for Elvis and MLK why do people go to there place and take pictures????
First of all McNair <> Elvis/MLK. "Legend" is a very strong word and we can debate his legacy all day - I can't add him to my list of most admired, but that is a personal decision.But I don't understand the mentality of taking a picture of themselves at the Motel where MLK was killed or the bathroom where Elvis expired. I can almost understand going and leaving a flower or some tribute. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you are relatively young and this is the first individual whom you have admired that has passed suddenly?What are you going to do with the picture? What does it signify? Why would you consider posting it here - what reaction would you want - what are you "sharing" in doing so?Again, not mocking - I just don't understand the sentiment nor significance of such an act.
First of all McNair <> Elvis/MLK. "Legend" is a very strong word and we can debate his legacy all day - I can't add him to my list of most admired, but that is a personal decision.But I don't understand the mentality of taking a picture of themselves at the Motel where MLK was killed or the bathroom where Elvis expired. I can almost understand going and leaving a flower or some tribute. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you are relatively young and this is the first individual whom you have admired that has passed suddenly?What are you going to do with the picture? What does it signify? Why would you consider posting it here - what reaction would you want - what are you "sharing" in doing so?Again, not mocking - I just don't understand the sentiment nor significance of such an act.
I understand where your coming from... yes I'm young, as for the picture I have a sports room in my house... I have 4 jerseys of him hung up as wellwith 2 signed* (his college years with Alcorn State**, Rookie year when they were the Oilers, a 2000 edition of the Titans***, and then the ravens...) yeah you might say why him, what has made you liked this guy so much? Steve Mcnair was probbaly one of the best speakers when talking to kids, I worked at Boys and girls club 6 years ago he used to come and make speaches and play with the kids... To me I feel he is a very good man and I have always respected him on and off the field. I dont know if you have met a proffessional athelete who has done a speach or to make time to play with kids playing backyard football when having time off there busy day... That's kinda why I took the picture at the doorstep along with many others who went before me.
The better question is why do YOU care so much pot odds?
Well, you may think it is a "better question". This is a Forum for Discussion. I thought that was what we were doing.

<random unrelated though that is completely in the wrong thread>The word "Goes" is one weird looking word.I was on Sharkscope and they have "Sit in Goes" as a label and I kept thinking, man that word looks funny</random unrelated though that is completely in the wrong thread>

Well, you may think it is a "better question". This is a Forum for Discussion. I thought that was what we were doing.
I'm with you on this one, and I am mocking, because I think it's really stupid.
<random unrelated though that is completely in the wrong thread>The word "Goes" is one weird looking word.I was on Sharkscope and they have "Sit in Goes" as a label and I kept thinking, man that word looks funny</random unrelated though that is completely in the wrong thread>
"So, we're sitting at the bar having a drink talking about Jimmy, and Meredith sits and goes 'I can't stand Jimmy' and she's all pouty and stuff and then Tiffany goes 'why don't you tell him?' and, like points at Jimmy standing behind Meredith who totally heard what she said, and everyone just goes 'Oooohhh...' while Meredith just goes 'Well, you know...' and it was totally funny..."
Can you confirm that this neighborhood is by no means somewhere he would live full-time?
Can you confirm that this neighborhood is by no means somewhere he would live full-time?
yes, there is no reason for him to live there... I mean yes it is a nice neighborhood but his house was much nicer... lol
yes, there is no reason for him to live there... I mean yes it is a nice neighborhood but his house was much nicer... lol
"the condo in the upscale Rutledge Hill... is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans' stadium..."Sounds pretty nice to me. Especially as a "second residence" while in Nashville if your primary residence is unavaiable as you try to sell it or cheat on your wife.
"the condo in the upscale Rutledge Hill... is located within walking distance of an area filled with restaurants and nightspots, a few blocks from the Cumberland River and within view of the Titans' stadium..."Sounds pretty nice to me. Especially as a "second residence" while in Nashville if your primary residence is unavaiable as you try to sell it or cheat on your wife.
Your speculation is definitely more valuable than the eyewitness report of someone that visited the neighborhood.
Your speculation is definitely more valuable than the eyewitness report of someone that visited the neighborhood.
Seriously not to highjack the thread but can I have my money?
normal_FrontCondo.jpgnormal_TwoGarageDoorCloseUps.jpg

Looks like Bud Adams is opening up LP Field tomorrow and Thursday for a public memorial. Interesting....gonna be playing McNair highlights on the stadium jumbotron. Since the stadium is right beside my work I may have to walk over and check it out tomorrow.

Looks like Bud Adams is opening up LP Field tomorrow and Thursday for a public memorial. Interesting....gonna be playing McNair highlights on the stadium jumbotron. Since the stadium is right beside my work I may have to walk over and check it out tomorrow.
First time I've noticed you're from N'ville. Great town. I very nearly went to V'bilt for Grad School. Also, I play guitar as a serious amateur and want to check out the bar scene there some day.
Frankly, I don't give a flying crap what you think about my speculation - I am assuming it ranks about as highly as the regard I hold for your amateur psychologist speculation (yeah, I know you hold a PhD in Psych, but I suspect it is neither applied nor clinical, and certainly not forensic) about the specifics of McNair's girlfriend and what drove her to (allegedly) murder him and then turn the gun upon herself.
normal_FrontCondo.jpgnormal_TwoGarageDoorCloseUps.jpg
Sounds Looks pretty nice to me. Especially as a "second residence" while in Nashville if your primary residence is unavaiable as you try to sell it or cheat on your wife.
Sounds Looks pretty nice to me. Especially as a "second residence" while in Nashville if your primary residence is unavaiable as you try to sell it or cheat on your wife.
This is an unremarkable non-descript condominium. Yes, this would be a nice place for many people to live. For a multi-millionaire NFL star like Mcnair this is by no means somewhere that he would spend any time at all--except that is served his purposes well: he could bring a girl there. Someone should post a pic of his actual residence so we can see the difference.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Police confirmed Wednesday that ex-NFL star Steve McNair's 20-year-old girlfriend killed him before turning the gun on herself.They said they may never know what was going through Sahel Kazemi's mind when she shot McNair in his condominium early Saturday, but interviews with friends led detectives to conclude she was becoming increasingly distraught over events in her life, including financial problems. Police said she also suspected McNair was seeing another woman.Police earlier had labeled McNair's death a homicide, but awaited further tests and investigation before saying for sure what happened.At one point, Kazemi told an associate that her "personal life was all screwed up," Police Chief Ronal Serpas said. She had mounting debts and had been unable to sell her car. Her roommate was moving, which would have doubled her rent."We do know that she was clearly sending a message during the last five to seven days of her life that things were going bad quickly," Serpas said, though there was no indication she told anyone she planned to harm McNair.Serpas said police believe McNair was asleep on a sofa when Kazemi shot him in the head. She then apparently shot him twice in the chest before shooting him again in the head and then shooting herself.McNair, a quarterback for the Tennessee Titans most of his career, was shot at a condo he rented with another man. The gun was found underneath Kazemi.Kazemi's family told reporters that the woman was so confident McNair was divorcing his wife of 12 years that she was preparing to sell her furniture and move in with him.But associate Mike Mu, who has worked with McNair's charitable association for years, said McNair's wife, Mechelle McNair, "didn't know who this girl is." No records of divorce proceedings have surfaced.Two days before the shooting, police stopped Kazemi driving the Escalade sport utility vehicle that McNair gave her for her birthday in May.According to an arrest affidavit, Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and alcohol on her breath. She refused a breath test and told an officer "she was not drunk, she was high." She was charged with DUI. McNair was with her but not charged. He later made her bail. -murder/suicide-"at a condo he rented with another man" translates into "at an anonymous location for bootycalls rented with another man."-"she was preparing to sell her furniture and move in with him" = and the night of july 3rd McNair told her in no uncertain terms that she should not do that.

how would they be able to tell that he was asleep when she shot him?
without being too graphic, My guess would be the nature of the wounds and how they bled out blood circulation is somewhat slower during sleep. Also where the body is located and such.