**** Official Tour De France ******

It'd be interesting to see Lance's side of the story. I have no doubt LA was a bit of a dick to AC, no offense to Lance, but he just comes off as a dick. Everyday I watched the tour my likeness of AC grew. He is such an incredible rider. As much as I respect Lance, it wouldn't bug me to see Contador come out next year and just beat the shit out of Lance's new team.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad neither of them had the guts to take the high road. It could get nasty.Armstrong rides better when he is pissed off but he's going to be 38 years old. He'll have the strongest organization but I don't think that it will make a difference.Donklife I think you're right - AC is going to be even stronger next year. And most likely will crush Armstrong. Then only thing that might derail Contador is his new team. He most likely will sign with a Spanish squad. I will be shocked if he stays with Astana. The next couple of weeks will be interesting.

I don't even know if Contador needs that great of a supporting cast. He held his own time and time again when he was by himself against the Schleck brothers. He never seem tired or run down at all, at any point in the tour. I don't like how Lance is handling this to be honest. He's taking all the publicity away from Contador, when in fact Contador deserves it all. Sure, Lance is going to be 38 and competing once again. He's fighting for a great cause, but really, in terms of cycling, how good is Contador? Lance should respect that, and embrace it. Every one else did it for him when he won 7 in a row. Lance is still my favorite cyclist, he got me into the sport. Well, actually, the announcers did. But nevertheless, he could be a bit more respectful to the best rider in the world.

I don't even know if Contador needs that great of a supporting cast.
Just ask Cadel Evans. He finished 2nd the last 2 years. This year, because his team was so weak his tour was over after the 4th day. Contador does have one advantage over Evans in the fact that he can attack in the high mountains while Evans can only follow wheels.Basically, this is 1986 all over again. LeMond was better than Hinualt and Contador is better than Armstrong.

One thing that would make me happy is AC signing with Euskaltel-Euskadi. While Eus is almost all Basque riders, they do have one Spaniard and no other nationals are presented on this team. I think it would put Eus over the top and would enhance Astarloza and Martinez's capabilities.As for the kerfuffle, I think AC has a case to come out and reveal things like being left at the hotel before the TT. That shit doesn't play and needs to be recognized. I have all the respect in the world for Lance and his competitive spirit and I thought he was fairly diplomatic in the interviews I saw, but it's really not cool to belittle a guy who is on your team, by words or by action, especially when that guy can turn around and rip you a new one on the course.

One thing that would make me happy is AC signing with Euskaltel-Euskadi. While Eus is almost all Basque riders, they do have one Spaniard and no other nationals are presented on this team. I think it would put Eus over the top and would enhance Astarloza and Martinez's capabilities.As for the kerfuffle, I think AC has a case to come out and reveal things like being left at the hotel before the TT. That shit doesn't play and needs to be recognized. I have all the respect in the world for Lance and his competitive spirit and I thought he was fairly diplomatic in the interviews I saw, but it's really not cool to belittle a guy who is on your team, by words or by action, especially when that guy can turn around and rip you a new one on the course.
It's an interesting question - Where will AC land:Ok Team Radio Shack? No, wayTeam Sky - Maybe they want to make a splash in the sport and they have the cash.There's a Spanish Bank that wants to have Division one team -- THIS COULD BE IT.Astana -very possible he is still under contract. (If (when) Johan leaves they will be starting from scratch with sketch financing. Garmin - Slipstream very possible - 1. It's an American team and would piss Armstrong off - Team Saxo Bank if Andy Schleck goes to Team Radio Shack this is where he will end up. Liquigas not a chance to many GC riders alreadyTeam Columbia - Don't see it happening.Team Katusha interesting. They could actually afford him. Caisse D’epargne The number one choice IMHO - but there's the Valverde question. Cervelo Test Team maybe - but if it happens Sastre will leave in a heartbeatAg2r-La Mondiale A semi small French team - the last time they invested in a Spanish rider they got burned (Mancebo)Euskaltel - Euskadi no money and he's not Rabobank Already have MenchovQuick Step interesting especially with all the problems with coke head BoonenSilence - Lotto Evans makes this point muteFrancaise Des Jeux not likelyTeam Milram weak teamCofidis Le Credit Lampre -no wayAgritubel no wayBbox Bouygues Telecom no shotSkil-Shimano very, very unlikely.