2009 Wsop $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em

Today is the day that the $10,000 World Championship No Limit Hold'em at the 2009 WSOP begins with Day 1A starting at noon Vegas time.Daniel is playing Day 1C on Sunday but I want to wish good luck to all the FCPers who are playing today. VTlaxer has created a general Main Event thread here.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=137190I'll be creating a new thread for each day of the Main Event.Updates are available at Poker News as always.http://www.pokernews.com/wsop/2009/event-57

An Odd CoupleNelly slipped into the red section a few minutes late and took a seat right next to Jason Alexander.We're not sure how "George" will react to having the rapper at his side, but it should make for some interesting table talk.

Mila!There's simply no excuse for missing this player on the first scan of the room. Somehow, it took us more than 90 minutes to spot Mila Kunis, but she is indeed seated at Table 36 in the blue section. Kunis is perhaps best known for her work as Jackie on "That 70s Show," and you may also know her face from movies like Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Max Payne. You can believe us when we say we'll be keeping an eye on her today.

Table ChangeThere was an open seat at Brad Garrett's table, and it was a long time before they found a player to fill it. You can imagine the look on the players' faces then when Jason Alexander came wandering over with his chip rack after the break. Taking his seat to the left of the dealer, Alexander has now become part of what is easily the funniest table in the room.

Mila!There's simply no excuse for missing this player on the first scan of the room. Somehow, it took us more than 90 minutes to spot Mila Kunis, but she is indeed seated at Table 36 in the blue section. Kunis is perhaps best known for her work as Jackie on "That 70s Show," and you may also know her face from movies like Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Max Payne. You can believe us when we say we'll be keeping an eye on her today.
Mila?Okay, we may have spoken too soon. Despite the striking resemblance to the aforementioned star of television and screen, it may not be her after all. There's still a raging debate among the media, but it appears we've just spotted a very attractive lady who is not Mila Kunis. We weren't alone in thinking (hoping) it was her though; our own boss is on the hook for $500 if it turns out to be someone else.
Mila?Okay, we may have spoken too soon. Despite the striking resemblance to the aforementioned star of television and screen, it may not be her after all. There's still a raging debate among the media, but it appears we've just spotted a very attractive lady who is not Mila Kunis. We weren't alone in thinking (hoping) it was her though; our own boss is on the hook for $500 if it turns out to be someone else.
I saw the picture they posted on Pokernews. Right off the bat i said that its not her. Why don't the pussies just go up and ask her instead of speculating.

i don't post much but this is kinda funny In addition to the litany of pro forma remarks that Effel makes before the start of each tournament, Effel announced a promotion sponsored by Jack Link's Beef Jerky that will run during the Main Event. Every time a player gets four-of-a-kind jacks, that player will win a Jack Link's prize pack valued at $100.Like 6 pages later... Cooler Alert: Straight Flush vs. QuadsOn a board of JJ8s7sJs , a player bet 1,500 into Radek Stockner. Stockner made a large raise to 6,250 and his opponent reraised to 12,000. Stockner moved all in and his opponent immediately called for his last 25,000.Opponent: AJStockner: 9sTsHe may have folded without that stupid prize, poor guy lol

i don't post much but this is kinda funny In addition to the litany of pro forma remarks that Effel makes before the start of each tournament, Effel announced a promotion sponsored by Jack Link's Beef Jerky that will run during the Main Event. Every time a player gets four-of-a-kind jacks, that player will win a Jack Link's prize pack valued at $100.Like 6 pages later... Cooler Alert: Straight Flush vs. QuadsOn a board of JJ8s7sJs , a player bet 1,500 into Radek Stockner. Stockner made a large raise to 6,250 and his opponent reraised to 12,000. Stockner moved all in and his opponent immediately called for his last 25,000.Opponent: AJStockner: 9sTsHe may have folded without that stupid prize, poor guy lol
LOLnice catch
I saw the picture they posted on Pokernews. Right off the bat i said that its not her. Why don't the pussies just go up and ask her instead of speculating.
yeah, I was thinking wowww she's changed a lot from that first pic if it's really her.

Day 1a Official NumbersWe've just received word that the official number of entrants for Day 1a is (drumroll please...) 1,116 entrants. By comparison, 1,297 players entered the Main Event on Day 1a in 2008, 1,287 played Day 1a in 2007 and 2,138 played Day 1a in 2006.

Straight Flush No Good for DanzerWe caught this hand as the chips were being counted on the river.Patrik Danzer held 8h 9h on a board of 5s 7h Ah 10h Jh. Unfortunately for him, that wasn't good enough to win as his opponent, Christian Jeppsson held Kh Qh for the royal.Danzer still has his starting stack of 30,000 while Jeppsson has 50,000

Controvery on Orange 87We understand that putting up $10,000 to play in the World Series of Poker Main Event can be very stressful. It's expected that tempers will flare at time. But we're really at a loss to describe what just happened on Orange 87.As best we can tell one player felt another player was stalling. It started just before the dinner break, when the stalling player admitted to stalling the last minute before dinner. That infuriated a player three seats to his left, who wound up catching a bigger big blind after dinner than he would have before dinner.The two apparently had words, and the stalling player felt "egged on" by his antagonizer and began to take more time to make each decision. "I'm going to call a clock on you every time," the antagonizer declared. "Look at you! You're such a superstar. There aren't even any cameras here. All you're doing is ******* *** on the table. It's just poker masturbation."Another player at the table agreed. A floor was summoned, who pulled the stalling player aside for a few quiet words. When they came back to the table, the ESPN cameras had arrived."Look, the cameras are here!" the antagonizer said. "Now you can perform your idiocy for the cameras."The stalling player quickly turned to the floor, aggrieved at the remarks of the antagonizer. The floor handed out a one-hand penalty and pulled the antagonizer aside as well.Never a dull moment at the World Series of Poker Main Event!

Bob...Do you know why they are only playing 4 levels today... I could of sworn they were scheduled for 5 levels...
It doesn't make any sense at all.It's been on the wsop.com structure sheet since they posted it. Why are they changing it now?http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/tourney/...amp;groupid=607• Play will continue on day 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D until the completion of level 5. • Dinner will be after 3 levels of play each day and will last 90 minutes.
  1. [*]Lost half my chips and on tilt because of the schedule change :club:
32 minutes ago[url="https:WSOP Player Advisory members chowing down now, any comment on the schedule change (4 levels & dinner break at 4:30!)?Nobody at my table knew before today that we'd only be playing 4 levels or that the dinner break would be after 2 levels.
Are all Day one's gonna be the same... 4 levels? They would have to be... right?
yeah It would have to be.

Garrett told PokerListings he sees the Main Event as sport. "The poker pros, they're like my athletes," he said. "I just love it. I know I don't have the math mind." The "Everybody Loves Raymond" actor does, however, have a weakness. "I have a tell," he said. "When I get a big pair I get incontinent. You don't want to sit next to me. I will actually shit."

Garrett told PokerListings he sees the Main Event as sport. "The poker pros, they're like my athletes," he said. "I just love it. I know I don't have the math mind." The "Everybody Loves Raymond" actor does, however, have a weakness. "I have a tell," he said. "When I get a big pair I get incontinent. You don't want to sit next to me. I will actually shit."
I think I may have played next to him, at least by the smell I think I may have....

Mathematically, playing only 4 levels today may make a bit of sense.Each of the first 6 days was scheduled to go 5 levels. Assuming less players tomorrow, and a crush on Monday, let's pull a number out of my ass and say there will be about 6000 players.At level 30 (60k/120k/15k), and given the 6k runner number, there will be 1500 big blinds left in the tournament amongst the whole field. (6000*30000=180,000,000 in chips/120,000 big blind on level 30=1500 big blinds.)Given the goal of day 7 to play down to 27, we're at risk of not having a day 7 (or having a very short one). Take the 1500 big blinds at level 30, and divide by 27 players, and you would get an average stack of 55.6 big blinds per player if we reach 27 players during level 30. This is not out of the question.The only risk we run of having day 1's being only 4 levels (instead of, for example, days 3-7), is that there may be too many people left for day 2b or day 3, and not enough seats. Time will tell though.

Day 1a is HistoryAmidst a sandstorm of pomp and ceremony, the Main Event of the 2009 WSOP has finally arrived, and Day 1a is already in the books.Play began at high noon with the first round of 1,116 players taking their seats to begin this long quest for glory. As expected, we had a homogenous mix of top-tier pros and hopeful amateurs, and there's about a one-in-four chance that our 2009 Main Event Champion was in the room somewhere today. Among those who chose the first starting day were former World Champions Johnny Chan and Jerry Yang, 2009 bracelet winners Jason Mercier, Vitaly Lunkin, Roland de Wolfe, Greg Mueller, Keven "Stammdog" Stammen, Jordan Smith and a whole grab bag of A-list pros. Also in the field were a slew of faces from the entertainment world: baseball pitcher Orel Hershiser, actors-turned-pro Jennifer Tilly and Gabe Kaplan, rapper Nelly, and funnymen Brad Garrett and Jason Alexander.Along the way, a number of notables found an early end to their Series. John Phan, Jan Von Halle, Davidi Kitai, Nick Frangos, Freddy Deeb, Matt Glantz, Mark Vos, Pieter de Korver, Isaac Haxton, David Grey, Steve Billirakis, Allen Cunningham, and Andy Bloch have all had their World Series cut short on Day 1 of this final event.At the end of the night, it looks like Eric Cloutier has worked his way to the top of the leader board, stuffing his bag with 150,750 technicolor chips. Among the other big stacks are Jason Riesenberg (93,650), Jason Alexander (89,575), Lex Veldhuis (84,000), and Eli Elezra (83,375).The next group of Main Eventers will be here at noon tomorrow to try their luck at their own Day 1. If history is any indication, the number of runners should be a tad lower tomorrow as it's the Fourth of July. Thanks for joining us here today, and we hope you'll join us right back here tomorrow as we continue this epic. Until then, goodnight from the Rio!