Heat Exhaustion Leads To A Fall

Note: This is a bump from 2009.So, I had the day off and went out for a nice round of golf. I almost stayed at home and sat around the house, but didn't. I paid for twilight rate, which meant I could play as many holes as i wanted before dark, but after 18, both the 1 and 10 tees were taken, so I decided to head home.However, on the way to the car, I decided to take advantage of the free balls on the driving range. Went there, and hit maybe 30 balls. Felt kind of tired and thought I'd call it a day. Drove the cart to my car. As I was loading my clubs in my trunk, I suddenly felt sick to my stomach. I thought, damn, I need to get inside and cool off and get a cold drink. (FWIW, I had had plenty of water on the course).Then it hit me. It felt like the sun was just BAKING me. I threw the rest of my stuff in the trunk, and drove to the clubhouse (This all took maybe a minute). I thought I was going to throw up outside, but I managed to get to the bathroom, without throwing up. I must have blacked out for a moment, because I woke up sitting on a toilet (lid closed) with my pants unzipped and belt unbuckled. I knew this was bad, and immediately headed for the restaurant where I knew there would be some people...I woke up with somebody standing over me saying "You just got knocked the F*** out". Well, not really, He was saying "Hey are you ok?", but I didn't need to answer, because he looked at me and said "Stay there!" and went calling for help. A group of people gathered around me and placed a towel on my head, and I realized I had a gash. I actually felt pretty good at the moment, and actually told them what to do to help me ... Ice pack to the neck, towel fanning me from above.Nobody saw me fall, but we figured from the evidence that I had fallen face first into an outward facing corner in the wall. I think now that I probably hit the corner with the right side of my face, and then hit the floor on the left side of my face (since my left jaw is now starting to hurt like shit). When the paramedics arrived, I asked the paramedic how bad it was and he replied " Man, you tried to scalp yourself".So basically, I got taken to the hospital and received a few stitches to my chin, and a bunch of stitches to my face.I won't try to say that the moral of the story is to stay hydrated, don't over exert yourself, and all of that. I will say what I learned from this... When you need help, yell for it. Don't try to do it yourself. If I had immediately called for help rather than trying to take care of it myself, I wouldn't have fallen like that.So anyway, since I know many of you would like to see it (another warning... It's ugly)....img_0224.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad ass pic dude. so lucky you didnt really damage your brain from that iv seen ppl get brain damage from alot less. gonna have a cool scar but i think its gonna suit you will take focus away from the balding. :club:

dude, i'm glad you're "ok", but that's an awesome picture.
holy crap man, that is an insane looking frankenstein head. if you're going to do that again let me know so I can have your brain. glad you're ok!
bad ass pic dude. so lucky you didnt really damage your brain from that iv seen ppl get brain damage from alot less. gonna have a cool scar but i think its gonna suit you will take focus away from the balding. :ts
:club: I hurts when I laugh, but those three posts sure have helped my spirits.
if you complain of headaches im sure you can score a T3 prescription or if your really lucky some vicodin ftw :club:
That looks like a job for that shit that killed Jacko

oh my god. That is insane. I would not have guessed that was only from a face plant. It's bad but at least you didn't lose an eye or any motor functions. It's not like you had good looks to start off with :club: j/kheal well!

I forgot to add in the original post....The people helping me at the course thought I was insane when I pulled out my I-phone and started smiling for self portraits. I just looked through my phone and found a good one for you all......don't look if you don't like gore...img_0213.jpg

I think it our duty to come up with a better story for you for the ladies.You don't want to waste an awesome scar like that.I'm thinking something with a bear...maybe a Panda.Chicks love panda bears.

I think it our duty to come up with a better story for you for the ladies.You don't want to waste an awesome scar like that.I'm thinking something with a bear...maybe a Panda.Chicks love panda bears.
Oddly enough, the course is Black Bear, named that because there actually are bears in the area. I've never seen one (until today :ts ), but I've played with people who have.I like your line of thinking here. I am however, upset that you didn't ask what I shot.94 :club: , but I beat the temperature by 3.
Oddly enough, the course is Black Bear, named that because there actually are bears in the area. I've never seen one (until today :ts ), but I've played with people who have.I like your line of thinking here. I am however, upset that you didn't ask what I shot.94 :club: , but I beat the temperature by 3.
I shot 90 yesterday, I beat the temp by 14Black bears are good, but do chicks like black bears?
Some people will do anything for the lead in the next Pet Sematary movie.
FYP18456127.jpgHonestly, I was expecting something like a 2-3 inch gash on the forehead. This is just AWESOME. At least your Halloween costume is taken care of for the rest of your life. Freak. :club:

Holy shit!!!How did a wall do that??Glad you're ok now, but wow, that's just crazy! You sure you didn't fall onto a giant ax or something?

That is awesome, but still no excuse for missing the NegO last night. Next time you better be missing a leg cause this little 'scratch on the forehead' ain't gonna cut it anymore.Glad you're ok.

Holy shit! I love that you're smiling while you have a huge open gash on your head. That scar looks tough! Chicks dig scars.

What the hell?I mean.....What the hell?How did you do that when falling? Did you do a faceplant into a meant slicer or something? Jeez.Don't forget to have a lot of fun with the looks you'll get around town while your stitches are still in.

What the hell?I mean.....What the hell?How did you do that when falling? Did you do a faceplant into a meant slicer or something? Jeez.Don't forget to have a lot of fun with the looks you'll get around town while your stitches are still in.
Scare the living hell out of every kid that can't stop looking at your head.