2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

Nope, he wouldn't have made it past 9. I had my whole draft plan mapped out and I really didn't expect him to go in the top 8, but I think it's a great pick by John. John doesn't make many draft mistakes.I had thought about moving the 9, but I don't think my #16 player will last now so I'll probably just use my 9 pick to draft him. Unless Mike grabs him, then I have no idea what I'll do, with suicide being a viable option. (Damn I thought this was gonna be a real good draft for me after Hedman fell to 5)

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had the 3rd overall pick in this draft, and I didn't trade back, I would have taken Grachev with it.
this seems a little overboard
this seems a little overboard
You have your outlook on prospects and I have mine. I personally would have never taken MPS or Evander Kane in the Top 5, that's just the way I rate them and their chances for fantasy hockey stardom. Evander Kane wouldn't have made my Top 15.
You have your outlook on prospects and I have mine. I personally would have never taken MPS or Evander Kane in the Top 5, that's just the way I rate them and their chances for fantasy hockey stardom. Evander Kane wouldn't have made my Top 15.
well hey, at least I didn't take kane. narrowly avoided some mocking from adam!I was pretty sure I knew who was going to me at #11. now with this jay development, I have no idea.I may have said too much to too many people.
just remember though guys, adam did take brett sterling at 10 in the our inaugural prospect draft. [/burn]
john is a homer for NYR prospects. I would have taken a real hard look at grachev #7, don't know for sure who I would have picked though.I found out about grachev mid-season and had him on my radar before he was brought up in the FCHL2 draft... did NOT expect him to go this high either.
Unless he traded for Del Zotto, he has taken a Ranger in the first round all 3 years. :club:
just remember though guys, adam did take brett sterling at 10 in the our inaugural prospect draft. [/burn]
Yeah, what does he have, a whole 14 fewer NHL points than the guy who went #1 overall?Sterling may have turned out to be a bad pick, but after getting Patrick Kane #2 overall I was in a position to go for a homerun swing, so I took a guy who had just finished putting up 55 goals as a rookie in the AHL. Given the information I had at the time, I'd do it again.

I noticed a wide range of stuff being said about schenn and kane, some of it directly conflicting. I mean, I don't blame anyone for drafting badly; this shit is confusing. I'm very pleased with my picks so far. if I can get my guy at 11th, the rest is gravy.

I think the reason why Kane is very high on prospect draft lists is his toughness. Without PIM's in our league, I certainly can see where Adam is coming from. I initially had him at #4 but after doing some research the last couple of days, I think I would have taken Grachev ahead of Kane.
john is a homer for NYR prospects. I would have taken a real hard look at grachev #7, don't know for sure who I would have picked though.I found out about grachev mid-season and had him on my radar before he was brought up in the FCHL2 draft... did NOT expect him to go this high either.
I can understand how you would have gotten this impression but ask Ollie about the #3 overall pick in the inaguaral FCHL draft. Everyone was certain I weas going to take Cherepanov. Ollie is still upset that I took Mueller instead.
Unless he traded for Del Zotto, he has taken a Ranger in the first round all 3 years. :club:
Del Zotto and Cherepanov where my second of two first round picks in 07 and 08. Took Mueller and Hodgson first.
I can understand how you would have gotten this impression but ask Ollie about the #3 overall pick in the inaguaral FCHL draft. Everyone was certain I weas going to take Cherepanov. Ollie is still upset that I took Mueller instead.
Del Zotto and Cherepanov where my second of two first round picks in 07 and 08. Took Mueller and Hodgson first.
buddy, no one here is criticizing. just pointing out that you are one homering SOB.now if you'll excuse me I'm about to draft my third forward prospect from StL

entertaining offers for either of my picks at 33 and 39. Have a few players in mind, trying not to mess up my draft more than I already have.

Drunk... selected Shattenkirk with the 34th pick and 15 seconds of thinking. I wonder if I'll regret that in the morning. GSP!!!!!
Sometimes the drunk picks are the best ones, Shattenkirk is a beast.

anyone else impressed that mike got his pick done in one day? the draft has been moving at a pretty nice clip, I didn't expect everyone to be ready yet.

Yeah, what does he have, a whole 14 fewer NHL points than the guy who went #1 overall?Sterling may have turned out to be a bad pick, but after getting Patrick Kane #2 overall I was in a position to go for a homerun swing, so I took a guy who had just finished putting up 55 goals as a rookie in the AHL. Given the information I had at the time, I'd do it again.
Is this a shot at me? I wasn't even in the conversation!
Is this a shot at me? I wasn't even in the conversation!
Not at all, just saying that the guy isn't necessarily a flop just because he hasn't become a superstar yet, it ain't over until he signs with Superliga...lol.

I'm happy with it. There was a time where I was considering Schroeder with the 5th pick, although that was a couple months ago.I have no Canucks in the system and the kid creates offense. I'll take it.

I'm happy with it. There was a time where I was considering Schroeder with the 5th pick, although that was a couple months ago.I have no Canucks in the system and the kid creates offense. I'll take it.
yeah, I remember that as well. I just liked watching him play with UMN, was going to be a homerish pick.