Situation was a bit different and I took a different line. Critique.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (7 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (SB) ($2.58)BB ($5)UTG ($2.88)MP1 ($2.48)MP2 ($8.99)CO ($2.36)Button ($2.23)Preflop: Hero is SB with Kclub.gif, Kdiamond.gif1 fold, MP1 bets $0.17, 2 folds, Button calls $0.17, Hero raises to $0.39, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.22, Button calls $0.22Flop: ($1.22) Aheart.gif, Aspade.gif, 6club.gif(3 players)Hero checks, MP1 checks, Button checksTurn: ($1.22) 8diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75, 1 foldRiver: ($2.72) 5spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $1.40

Preflop especially from the SB is too light for me especially since I'll be OOP to two players if they both call - I raise to .60I probably check/fold river unless I think villain will fold to a second barrel - I doubt you'll fold out an ace.

Preflop especially from the SB is too light for me especially since I'll be OOP to two players if they both call - I raise to .60I probably check/fold river unless I think villain will fold to a second barrel - I doubt you'll fold out an ace.
It's virtually impossible to make your garden variety player lay down trips.

What GoBears said...raiiiissseee more. Being OOP, I am actually making it 70-75 cents pre. Odds are with 2 people calling, one of them likely has an ace here. I'm not sure I'd even find a bet on the turn in this spot 3ways.It is very possible you could be up against TT-QQ in this spot, so I wouldn't be going for such a thin value bet in this spot on river and I don't think they are going to be betting TT-QQ so check/folding is proooobably right although if they made it small enough I might make a crying call.

I don't particularly like the line here... obviously you should have raised more pre... but on top of that I think I check flop and turn and bet for value on the river... I think if I bet the turn and river for value the only real hands calling me are going to be aces with a weak kicker, if I check the turn I'm really only worried about four outs in the deck if both players have pp which is really the only way we lose this hand if they don't hold an A given the texture..HOWEVER, given the line you took, I may even be betting 3 streets for value because you didn't raise enough pre flopto fold out drawing hands like 67 suited which at these stakes is calling you to the r and KQs at these stakes probably isn't folding as they have the nut no pair at these stakes. (Isn't likely as we hold two kings but by not raising enough pre flop your line post wasn't horrible.

I don't particularly like the line here... obviously you should have raised more pre... but on top of that I think I check flop and turn and bet for value on the river... I think if I bet the turn and river for value the only real hands calling me are going to be aces with a weak kicker, if I check the turn I'm really only worried about four outs in the deck if both players have pp which is really the only way we lose this hand if they don't hold an A given the texture..HOWEVER, given the line you took, I may even be betting 3 streets for value because you didn't raise enough pre flopto fold out drawing hands like 67 suited which at these stakes is calling you to the r and KQs at these stakes probably isn't folding as they have the nut no pair at these stakes. (Isn't likely as we hold two kings but by not raising enough pre flop your line post wasn't horrible.

I sit with a full buyin and make it 70c preflopThe fact that you 3bet pf gives you a pretty small range here, and even the really bad players are gonna realise you have AK or a big pair here pretty much always. Thus I don't really think there is a lot of value to be had after the flop. I would rather be check calling than betting I think.

I sit with a full buyin and make it 70c preflopThe fact that you 3bet pf gives you a pretty small range here, and even the really bad players are gonna realise you have AK or a big pair here pretty much always. Thus I don't really think there is a lot of value to be had after the flop. I would rather be check calling than betting I think.
I always do buy in full but I was nearing the end of my session and had recently lost a big pot so I just decided to play it out with what I had. In hindsight I think that did affect my decision, as I probably would have just check-folded the river with a full stack. When I realized I only had slightly more than a pot-sized bet left, I just put the rest in on the river. Careless on my part.Good point about my 3-betting range, especially since anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention would notice that I never 3-bet. Assuming either of them have half a brain, they would likely have narrowed my range to QQ-AA/AK. Postflop my range becomes QQ, KK, AK, so it's highly doubtful I'm going to get any action from lower pairs. By betting I'm either going to fold out those hands, or I'm just going to bet right into an Ace.
I always do buy in full but I was nearing the end of my session and had recently lost a big pot so I just decided to play it out with what I had. In hindsight I think that did affect my decision, as I probably would have just check-folded the river with a full stack. When I realized I only had slightly more than a pot-sized bet left, I just put the rest in on the river. Careless on my part.Good point about my 3-betting range, especially since anyone paying even the slightest bit of attention would notice that I never 3-bet. Assuming either of them have half a brain, they would likely have narrowed my range to QQ-AA/AK. Postflop my range becomes QQ, KK, AK, so it's highly doubtful I'm going to get any action from lower pairs. By betting I'm either going to fold out those hands, or I'm just going to bet right into an Ace.
Full Tilt has an option to auto-rebuy to XXXbb. I suggest you turn that on so that you're always topped off at 100bbs
What GoBears said...raiiiissseee more. Being OOP, I am actually making it 70-75 cents pre. Odds are with 2 people calling, one of them likely has an ace here. I'm not sure I'd even find a bet on the turn in this spot 3ways.It is very possible you could be up against TT-QQ in this spot, so I wouldn't be going for such a thin value bet in this spot on river and I don't think they are going to be betting TT-QQ so check/folding is proooobably right although if they made it small enough I might make a crying call.
This, except I'm probably checking turn and calling a bet, or if he checks back I'll value bet the river. You really only want to play this hand for 1 bet postflop. Preflop is a pretty atrocious mistake.

Besides not raising more preflop I think you played it fine. I think betting turn is better than checking because you probably get value from a PP who doesn't believe you. Guess it depends on your reads on the villains a bit. But yeah definitely make the preflop raise to at least 60-70 cents.

I believe some of you give too much credit to those micro-players. At 0,05, they are probably chatting, watching videos on youtube, etc. Even if they weren't, most of them have a level of thinking of 1. I would have probably checked the turn too. Those players can overplay any ace and would likely slowplay on the flop but probably not on the turn. Why pay for info if you can have it for free.I'm pretty positive my kings are good if they check the turn, therefor i value bet. If i'm wrong, i grab my pillow and cry like a little baby.