Donte' Stallworth Killed A Man

Stallworth pleaded guilty to DUI mansaughter, should he be allowed back into the NFL?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. How long should Stallworth be suspended for?

• No suspension
    • 8 games
    • Full Season
    • 2 Seasons
    • Lifetime Ban

As much as I hate to say it, Stallworth should not be given a penalty by the NFL. Although, it may affect the image of the NFL, it did not directly affect his job. It's a pretty sad commentary on our society when Stallworth pays the family 5.5 million dollars and only serves 30 days in jail. Someone at my work got his 3rd DUI and the judge wanted to send him a clear message so he sent him to the pokey for 8 months. After the 8th months, he was allowed to return to his job. I don't think the company suspended him or fined him. (not 100% sure)

You're probably right about garbage workers and dishwashers but most professional jobs have code of ethics contracts for employees andwill be dismissed for alot lesser violations. He is a "professional" isn't he? He is in the public eye, correct? Whether you, me or Donte like,he is a role model since children model themselves after professional athletes. Why should he be held to a different standard than the rest of coorporate America?\
LOL @ role model. Many professional athletes are semi-literates who would be criminals if not for their physical gift ( and often criminals inspite of it). Holding sports models up as models of behavior is almost as stupid as doing it with poker players.
Although, it may affect the image of the NFL, it did not directly affect his job.
I don't know what the NFL think's it's image is, or is ever going to be, but it's never going to be of gentlemen sportsmen, wearing cardigans and swinging a golf club or a cricket paddle. And people don't care. People loved the NFL before Rodger Godell decided that he was more just than our legal system. People might bitch about criminal athletes, but it doesn't cause them to turn off the TV.
I agree with that, but that does not mean the NFL cannot have standards for their employees. It just needs to be consistent.
I mean, there are two different questions being argued: Does the NFL have the right to suspend/ban him?Should they actually do so?The answer to the first one is an absolute yes, just as Denny's has the right to fire the guy.Whether or not they SHOULD is an open question up to interpretation. If we're talking from a purely capitalistic point of view, I think that they should because there are more people who will be turned of by his not being suspended than by his being suspended. They make more money if they suspend him. But they also make more money if they then bring him back (just as they'll make money if they bring Vick back: his first game back would certainly sell out).
LOL @ role model. Many professional athletes are semi-literates who would be criminals if not for their physical gift ( and often criminals inspite of it). Holding sports models up as models of behavior is almost as stupid as doing it with poker players.
Wow... you just showed a level of common sense seldom seen in this day and timeYou just locked up the PACT featured member spot for eternity quite a fuckin while....
if Stallworth is reinstated, I will boycott any game he plays in (by refusing to watch, even the Superbowl), and might feel strongly enough to just boycott the NFL for good.
I don't believe you.I think he should be suspended for 8 games or a full season. A lifetime ban would be ridiculous, especially based on the description that the dude walked in front of his car illegally without paying attention, and he was only slightly intoxicated as opposed to hammered.
And thats the reason I dont watch sports....
I don't believe you either.
A lifetime ban would be ridiculous, especially based on the description that the dude walked in front of his car illegally without paying attention, and he was only slightly intoxicated as opposed to hammered.
I feel like you're making those facts up. I forget his exact intoxication level, but it was .12 or something. Not like .0800000001. For a dude as big as him, that doesn't mean he had 3 drinks. Why have you assumed he was "slightly intoxicated?" Secondly, he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. Why are the circumstances even important? Like, if he was guilty of child molestation, but then it came out that she was 13 so it's not like she was totally young, and also he only put the tip in. The circumstances are not important. I would hope that the NFL would not want any drunk driving manslaughterers or any child molesters representing them, but clearly I am very wrong (I didn't know about Leonard Little until this week). I mean, Stallworth dug his own grave here. HOW DOES HE NOT HAVE A DRIVER? Inconceivable!
I feel like you're making those facts up. I forget his exact intoxication level, but it was .12 or something. Not like .0800000001. For a dude as big as him, that doesn't mean he had 3 drinks. Why have you assumed he was "slightly intoxicated?" Secondly, he was found guilty of DUI manslaughter. Why are the circumstances even important? Like, if he was guilty of child molestation, but then it came out that she was 13 so it's not like she was totally young, and also he only put the tip in. The circumstances are not important. I would hope that the NFL would not want any drunk driving manslaughterers or any child molesters representing them, but clearly I am very wrong (I didn't know about Leonard Little until this week). I mean, Stallworth dug his own grave here. HOW DOES HE NOT HAVE A DRIVER? Inconceivable!
Those aren't my facts, someone earlier in the thread said what happened...I guess they may have been mistaken.Of course circumstances are important. Goodell isn't some judge handcuffed with mandatory minimums. He doesn't need to live in black and white, he's free to look at the full picture before making a decision. And DUI manslaughter from a guy that tested at .2 after running someone over on a sidewalk is certainly different from a DUI manslaughter from a dude that wasn't totally sloshed and hit someone that walked in front of his car (but no, I'm not sure that's what happened in this case). Yes, even child molestation has degrees of severity as well...of course it does, not that I'm looking to argue about insertion length or anything along those lines.
Those aren't my facts, someone earlier in the thread said what happened...I guess they may have been mistaken.Of course circumstances are important. Goodell isn't some judge handcuffed with mandatory minimums. He doesn't need to live in black and white, he's free to look at the full picture before making a decision. And DUI manslaughter from a guy that tested at .2 after running someone over on a sidewalk is certainly different from a DUI manslaughter from a dude that wasn't totally sloshed and hit someone that walked in front of his car (but no, I'm not sure that's what happened in this case). Yes, even child molestation has degrees of severity as well...of course it does, not that I'm looking to argue about insertion length or anything along those lines.
I didn't mean that those crimes don't have levels of severity, I just mean that being convicted of either of those crimes, even under not-the-worst-circumstances-ever, is something I would expect an organization like the NFL to completely condemn. The fact that they don't makes me lose a lot of respect for them as an organization.And just to quell an argument from anybody before it comes up, I'm not saying that Denny's shouldn't hire DUI killers. I'm saying the NFL shouldn't.

Channel 4Marv: 5 minutes since the order. Here comes the bacon.stovetop: [sizzle]Marv: And the eggs are ready to be flipped. Randy 'Tire' Jones readies the spatula...It's under the eggs. Here comes the flip...YES! And buns!John: You see he grabbed the eggs and the buns at the same time. And flipped them all at once. They had one side up and then the other side. That's great cooking. Brett Favre.Marv: Sofia 'Holes' Sanchez grabs the plate. She avoids the vomit. Table 6. Table 5. Table4. They're asking for the check.John: You see they want to leave and if you pay you can leaveMarv: Now they're asking for more napkins! I didnt see that one coming. What an end to what could've been a big play.John: If you've got food on your face, you've gotta wipe it off.Channel 2Joe: Tire. bacon. flip. buns...holes....vomit...checkTroy: You're exactly rightBill: you're stealing my jokesFrank: mine toome: no i'm notBill: ohFrank: sorry

was this the dude that as soon as he hit the dude called the 911 and complete cooperated with the police? cause if he did this I wouldn't support a lifetime ban.Sit out a season.If he tried to run from the scene of an accident or tried to use some sort of tactic to get out of the crime then I would definitely vote for lifetime ban.But bottom line is he ****ed up but after he ****ed up he did everything he could to make it right. Thats gotta say something right?