Bad Play Or Just Bad Luck?

Just curious what others think of this play. I was in big blind @ $1-$2 no limit hold 'em. My stacks about $330. I have J, 2 offsuit. Goes around the table with a couple of callers, and midway, a guy with a stack of about $450 raises to $10. I call and there's one other caller. Don't think much of his raise as he's raised from $6-$15 and has played a variety of hands. Flop comes J 2 8 - rainbow. I end up with 2 pair. It's checked to the raiser who then bets $25. I re-raise to $75. The 3rd person in the pot folds. The initial raiser then goes all-in - I call. He shows pocket queens.Now, I can maybe question my re-raise of his $25 to $75 and the amount to which I did, but either way, I think we would both get it all-in at some point along the way considering how the rest of the hand played out. The turn comes 6, and of course the river comes...6! Counterfeits my 2-pair. I realize I am 70%-30% favorite after the flop, but is there a different way to play this hand?? Thanks for any input.
*drum roll*fold preflopseriously though, fold preflop. The way you played it on the flop is fine. Once he pushes, I think you have to call. 22, 88, JJ and J8 are all possibilities, but most of the time it'll be QQ, KK or AA. You got unlucky that your two pair got counterfeited

Why did you call a $10 raise with J2off?Do you know the nickname for J2? I think it's call 'full employment'.Meaning if you're playing J2 you better have a day job because you're not going to make any money playing cards. But at least you're questioning your play. That's the only way any of will get better.Good luck,Joe

As I appreciate input and feedback, I should have known better than to post anything on here considering the loser responses that I have previously read concerning other questions. Although, playing J 2 is questionable or not a question more so, for whatever reason, I chose to play that hand and shouldn't have to explain shit as to why I chose to, but the question was simply pertaining to the way it played out. I could have held 7/8 suited or 10/J for whatever reason! I just got a lucky flop, which I am sure everyone has had from time to time. Regardless, I wouldn't judge anyone by what and how they play unless I met them face to face and walked in there shoes. But one thing is for sure, for as many nice and helpful players there are, there are just as many, arrogant pompass asses!!Unfortunately, this forum sucks for that particular reason!!Don't bother responding because I no longer will have an account with this site. Hopefully, my 'dumbass' moves won't kick your ass with a sorry bad beat :club: !!!! :ts

You should have folded on the flop because you knew your two pair would get counterfeited on the river.

As I appreciate input and feedback, I should have known better than to post anything on here considering the loser responses that I have previously read concerning other questions.
Right.In response to the original question: Bad play pre flop, bad luck post flop :club:

Ummm... You should shove PF because he only has a big pocket pair and will likely fold, and if he does not, well, you can still make your two pair, or board can come 1 3 4 5... Or something like 2 2 2... You have like gazillion outs. Is this satisfying response? Will you stay now????Come on man, no one even said anything real bad... And playing J 2 to a decent raise is real bad. And you get mad. I don't get it, why do you even ask? And, from the flop onwards, no, nothing you can really do. You played terrible starting hand and hit a gin flop. Bad luck at the river...

As I appreciate input and feedback, I should have known better than to post anything on here considering the loser responses that I have previously read concerning other questions. Although, playing J 2 is questionable or not a question more so, for whatever reason, I chose to play that hand and shouldn't have to explain shit as to why I chose to, but the question was simply pertaining to the way it played out. I could have held 7/8 suited or 10/J for whatever reason! I just got a lucky flop, which I am sure everyone has had from time to time. Regardless, I wouldn't judge anyone by what and how they play unless I met them face to face and walked in there shoes. But one thing is for sure, for as many nice and helpful players there are, there are just as many, arrogant pompass asses!!Unfortunately, this forum sucks for that particular reason!!Don't bother responding because I no longer will have an account with this site. Hopefully, my 'dumbass' moves won't kick your ass with a sorry bad beat :club: !!!! :ts
gtfoI don't even know where to start with how terrible and stupid your post is. You made one of the most objectively bad plays I have ever seen, no joke. I didn't even insult you in my first reply (I personally like to think of the strat forums as a constuctive, flame-free area, as opposed to GenPo and General), I simply said what I thought was the right strategical move - fold pre-flop.And of course you should have to "explain shit as to why I chose to". What's the point in analysing a situation in the first place if this is your attitude?Anyway, I can't believe I actually responded to this. It was utterly pointless on my behalf. Anyway, that's my problem. In summary, gtfo douche

Original Poster,Don't worry about all these people criticizing your play. Everyone thinks the same way these days - "you have got to play premium cards. Fold a lot. Don't bother to see the flop unless you have a great starting hand" Well your not going to be making any money in a hand if you go and fold it preflop. I've heard it said that it is difficult to accept all-in without to see teh floop. But I say, you can't just be accepting to fold before you see teh fl0op!When everyone else is zigging - you gotta zag! They never see it coming. I think you should probably be playing something along the lines of the $0.50/$1.00 stakes on Pokerstars. It's a good limit - for just a buck you can post your big blind and you get to play and take down all these guys money who are busy folding.Give me a PM sometime when you're going to play, and maybe I can join you at a table or a few tables if you want to try that out.Regards,Sens-Eh