Hand Early In The Million

do you fold this? 30 minutes in... i thought for almost my entire time bank. tell you what happened after a few responses.PokerStars Game #29631710451: Tournament #171724786, $200+$15 Hold'em No Limit - Level III (75/150) - 2009/06/21 17:02:57 ETTable '171724786 751' 9-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 2: Larons (12450 in chips) Seat 4: turataika (4475 in chips) Seat 5: Tuna227 (12450 in chips) Seat 6: sentin7 (7225 in chips) Seat 7: king rei (8375 in chips) Seat 8: kamidawn216 (9950 in chips) Seat 9: Gordius Inox (15075 in chips) turataika: posts small blind 75Tuna227: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to Larons [Kh Kd]sentin7: folds king rei: folds kamidawn216: raises 300 to 450Gordius Inox: calls 450Larons: raises 1200 to 1650turataika: folds Tuna227: folds kamidawn216: folds Gordius Inox: calls 1200*** FLOP *** [9d Qs Jc]Gordius Inox: checks Larons: bets 900Gordius Inox: calls 900*** TURN *** [9d Qs Jc] [Ks]Gordius Inox: checks Larons: bets 600Gordius Inox: raises 11925 to 12525 and is all-in?????

Bet the flop bigger. Making a 900 bet in 4K pot accomplishes nothing but showing weakness. Check the turn, hit your boat on the river and collect the money. EZ game.

Bet the flop bigger. You're inviting him to stick around with the draw. A check/call on the turn would be ideal. I don't see the villian moving in on you on the turn if you check. I know that you never want to relinquish the pot, but out of position with a scare card turning; I'm checking.As far as the play pre, the guy flat calls from the cut-off so you can elminate Aces/Queens/possibly AK. It's very possible he as a hand like JJ/TT/99/ATs. If he flopped a set in position that's a tough spot for you.. of course until the turn. I suppose the main question is whether or not you think your opponent is weak enough to call a reraise with a random hand that includes a ten. The play on the turn is confusing..I'll give you that. Is he betting scared or trying to get maximum value out of YOUR set. 4 to the straight..not so much money involved..I'd lean towards a fold. Then again the more I look at it the more it looks like a play. Your bets show extreme weakness, so maybe he's trying to pick u off?

I'd be so hard pressed to call here....although as noted above it really feels like a move. I mean he fires ~70BBs all-in on the turn. This is the same person who just called a 3x raise in position, and then called your additional 11x raise OOP.So much of the rest of this line reeks of a guy that simply can tell that you do not have a 10, and expects you to call with nothing short of that. I don't think much of his opening range can fit here. I mean, beyond TT, do you have any read to know if this player would call AT, or some other, probably suited broadway/T OOP to defend his 3x BB call with another 11x BB call. If he would, he'd be the same kind of goon that would be capable of ditching value betting by defying logic and just shoveling in when he makes a straight on the turn, which sucks for this decision. I wonder if you just shut down entirely and checked the turn, if he would have came up with this same insane shove (just a random micro-thought).Knowing no other specs, I would probably fold this 95% of the time just because of the chips you still have behind and the current level....but I hope you called, for better or worse, because THIS feels like the type of situation that the times you are actually ahead, plus the times you are behind and get one of your 10 outs make it a profitable move. But as above paragraph indicates I could see this hack having called your preflop with like JT or AT suited and just got reaaaaaaaaaaaaly lucky.Please have called, guy shows KQ suited, and you rake in a motherload.

Great responses so far. Before I post what i did here is my thought process.Table was fresh, played maybe one orbit with villian, so no real reads. His opr was ~79% if I remember corectly, and he had picked up 3/10 or so pots, but so had I, nobody showing down.He is the only one at the table that has me covered.His call of the initial raiser is definately week, but he had done that one other time i think, and fired a bet on the flop to take it down. Anyway I know he does not have a premium hand. His call of my large re-raise = a hand that is trying to bust me if he hits the flop, i.e. a small pair or (suited?) middle cards, i really dont think he has A 10, but a ten is definately in his range.On the flop I definately should have bet a lot more, but was trying to exhibit pot size control, hoping for a re-raise (I think) and was hoping he had a small pair that missed and would fold. The call scared me. Initially I put him on two pair, in retrospect this was a mistake and i now dont think that is what he had because he is re-raising 75%+ of the time with two pair here, since my hand is face up as ak/aa/kk, maybe qq, but in that case he woulda raised to see where he was at.After my poor raise on the flop and his call, I was sure he had a pair and a straight draw. When the king hit it also put two spades on board, he checks, i make a small scared ass bet, he shovesjustlikethatnoteventhinking, and I burned through my time bank trying to figure it out.I will post tomorrow am what i did, so keep the thoughts comming. As a teaser I finished 83/6990.

Definitely feels like a move but like everyone else said I probably fold because its early enough and your stack can handle the fold. But yeah you needed to bet a lot more on the flop. His call of that tiny bet didn't give you any useful information which made the turn that much harder to play, but even as played there is nothing to gain from your turn bet except a difficult decision if he raises. After the flop action I might check behind the turn, call a river bet if the board doesn't pair and obv. bet/raise the river if it does.

On the flop I definately should have bet a lot more, but was trying to exhibit pot size control, hoping for a re-raise (I think) and was hoping he had a small pair that missed and would fold. The call scared me. Initially I put him on two pair, in retrospect this was a mistake and i now dont think that is what he had because he is re-raising 75%+ of the time with two pair here, since my hand is face up as ak/aa/kk, maybe qq, but in that case he woulda raised to see where he was at.
The pot control idea is perfect here, but you need to do so by betting big on the flop, then checking behind the turn. Then you call all rivers, and raise if you fill up obv.

Wish I could tell you what he had but I folded, lived to fight another day. I didn't let my bad play on the flop force a bad call on the turn.Not to be results oriented but he finished 4131, so I think wonder if this makes it more or less likely that he had it, although I have no idea how he went out as our table broke shortly after.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice run.
I think you have to fold, as much as it sucks. I dont see him shoving here without a ten, and while you have outs I dont think its worth risking it here. I'd bet much harder on the flop, you bet 900 into a 3K pot... push it to at least 1800-2200.