Moving From Mtts To Cash

I'm trying to move from almost exclusively playing MTTs (with a few SNGs) into cash games. I'm getting tired of the repeated time drain for mini reward that tends to come from tournament play and I want more flexibility with my free time. I'm sure this has been asked before, but are there any cardinal rules I should observe here? Has anyone else who has moved from tournaments to cash found any particular leaks that have been somewhat caused by playing a lot of tournaments?So far I've been playing capped NLHE at 1/2. I've found I can get a bit carried away in hold em if I get on a heater and build a decent stack up, so the cappage has helped curb that for now.Also playing PLO8 at .50/1 and limit PLO8 at 1/2 and am finding that I'm clocking some good sessions playing this. Play seems so weak from a lot of folks.My bankroll is around the $4,000 mark in case anyone is wondering.Cheers.

Get ready for the brutal downswings, I switched from mtt's to cash for the same reason and i doubled my bankroll and now i've lost it and I'm under what I started with, but I'm also a donkey lol

• 3 weeks later...

It's about the profit, not the chips. That's my opinion, in a tournament i'm after the chips in a cash game I'm all about the cash. I won't go all in a cash game, to me it's sensless if I have a great hand I'll bet pop, if I got the best hand possible I'd bet more then the pot slightly. In a MTT i'd go all in much quicker, simply because I need every single chip I can get my greedy hands on.

It's about the profit, not the chips. That's my opinion, in a tournament i'm after the chips in a cash game I'm all about the cash. I won't go all in a cash game, to me it's sensless if I have a great hand I'll bet pop, if I got the best hand possible I'd bet more then the pot slightly. In a MTT i'd go all in much quicker, simply because I need every single chip I can get my greedy hands on.
thats silly..... u should be more willing to get all your money in when u are a favorite in a cash game cause u can reload......thats why u have a proper sized bankroll.....tournaments you should be less willing to get all your chips in cause if you bust you are out
thats silly..... u should be more willing to get all your money in when u are a favorite in a cash game cause u can reload......thats why u have a proper sized bankroll.....tournaments you should be less willing to get all your chips in cause if you bust you are out
i think he means before the floop
i think he means before the floop
its still silly....just to be clear im not advocating spew shoving in cash or tournaments but the same principle would apply whether its before or after the flop...obviously if its later in the tournament when blinds are high its a different story.....but thats not what he said.....unless u specify im gonna assume thats his general concept on both the games