Money Sent To The Wrong Id

Thank you for your email.PokerStars does not intervene in disputes between players relating totransfers. If you do not know this recipient personally, or if thistransfer is part of a multi-part transaction (such as the sale of T$ orW$, which cannot be directly transferred by players), you may wish tocontact support@pokerstars.com for assistance.Unfortunately, after reviewing the accounts involved, please be advised thatwe are unable to return the money that was incorrectly transferred as it hassince been lost on the tables to other legitimate players.We suggest that you contact the player directly that the incorrect money wastransferred to and ask them to transfer the money back to you.We would advise that you exercise greater caution when transferringfunds to players in the future.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.Regards,PatrickPokerStars Security TeamGG

Just to confirm, this is what happend:Guy gets a stake Guy wins moneySupposed staker contacts guy on AIMSupposed staker is actually a scamerScamer tells guy to transfer winnings to an account on PokerStarsScamer threatens to report guy if he does not transfer the winningsGuy sends money to a very similar account, but not identicalScamer receives money and loses itBtw, I sent money to a wrong SN on PokerStars before. Realised my mistake within a minute or two and e-mailed them with URGENT in the title explaining what happend (It was either a one letter typo or I'd put in the guy's FCP SN instead of his 'Stars SN). PokerStars support was really helpful and immediately shipped back the money. The whole thing was sorted within half an hour. That said, I can see how the system could be abused/used for scams. However, I do think the Stars support will give credence to each situation. Like, if it is very obvious that it was a clear and honest mistake, I think they'd ship back the money.

Just to confirm, this is what happend:Guy gets a stake Guy hasn't played yet.Supposed staker contacts guy on AIMSupposed staker is actually a scamerScamer tells guy to transfer part of the stake to an account which is supposedly another guy the staker is staking on PokerStarsScamer threatens to report guy if he does not transfer the moneyGuy sends money to a very similar account, but not identicalScamer receives money and loses itBtw, I sent money to a wrong SN on PokerStars before. Realised my mistake within a minute or two and e-mailed them with URGENT in the title explaining what happend (It was either a one letter typo or I'd put in the guy's FCP SN instead of his 'Stars SN). PokerStars support was really helpful and immediately shipped back the money. The whole thing was sorted within half an hour. That said, I can see how the system could be abused/used for scams. However, I do think the Stars support will give credence to each situation. Like, if it is very obvious that it was a clear and honest mistake, I think they'd ship back the money.
FYP for accuracy