Money Sent To The Wrong Id

money sent to the wrong id. any ideas on how i can get stars to help? it was a one letter typoThank you for your email.The following message is displayed when making a real money transfer onPokerStars:"PokerStars does not intervene in disputes between players relating totransfers. If you do not know this recipient personally, or if thistransfer is part of a multi-part transaction (such as the sale of T$ orW$, which cannot be directly transferred by players), you may wish tocontact support@pokerstars.com for assistance."If we were to enforce the reversal of real money transfers at the requestof players, it would set a precedent and make our policies impossible touphold. In effect, we would then be obligated to reverse any transferwhere a player requests to do so. The unconscionable repercussions of suchactions would likely lead to abuse of the money transfer feature, thusundermining it. While that may not be your intention, our priority lieswith protecting our site and all its players. Making an exception in thiscase would render us vulnerable to such abuse, as there are others whowould seek to exploit the system in any way they can.Besides offering our sincerest sympathy, we can only advise that youexercise greater caution when transferring funds to players in the future.Thank you for your understanding, and please let us know if you have anyfurther questions or concerns.Regards,DeanSupport SupervisorPokerStars Support Team

Stars should contact the player and let the player know you sent him monies on accident. More players will actually send the funds back than you'd think. How much did you lose?

So does the correct ID and the rest of the letters in the city.
it was all a scam. he changed one letter in the i.d. i ****ed up :club: StudP0ker is available (6:35:09 PM)StudP0ker (6:35:06 PM): HeyStudP0ker is available (6:35:09 PM)>*nvrquit2* (6:35:11 PM): hi>*StudP0ker* (6:35:25 PM): You recieve the stake ?>*nvrquit2* (6:35:27 PM): yes ty>*StudP0ker* (6:35:44 PM): YW when do you plan to get started?>*nvrquit2* (6:36:25 PM): i might run a few tonight, but def all day>tomorrow, starting around 9 or 10am pst>*nvrquit2* (6:36:45 PM): one question about the real thread, what do ipost>in there?>*nvrquit2* (6:36:52 PM): real=rail>*StudP0ker* (6:37:24 PM): In the rail you post a bankroll stats any key>hands and the first hand of each sng and the last/bust hand of each sng>*StudP0ker* (6:38:07 PM): Just copy and paste the hands from the hand>history>*nvrquit2* (6:38:11 PM): so bankroll including the coupld bucks i have in>there or just your stake money?>*StudP0ker* (6:38:26 PM): Just the stake money.>*nvrquit2* (6:39:14 PM): k>*nvrquit2* (6:39:22 PM): hope i can make us some lott>*nvrquit2* (6:39:24 PM): loot>*StudP0ker* (6:39:44 PM): Yeah im hoping for that as well>*nvrquit2* (6:39:49 PM): why post 1st hand?>*StudP0ker* (6:40:08 PM): Just the regulations of the rail>*StudP0ker* (6:40:16 PM): its so the tournament id is visible and so that>its show>*nvrquit2* (6:40:21 PM): ok so just raw hh?>*StudP0ker* (6:40:24 PM): Just standard for a rail>*StudP0ker* (6:40:35 PM): Yeah any big pots that your are involved in>*nvrquit2* (6:40:42 PM): ok>*StudP0ker* (6:41:29 PM): But im in too many games right now and i just>staked another player and cant really transfer over to him right nowtables>poping up like crazy all over the place..>*StudP0ker* (6:41:45 PM): Can you send him the funds and once i finish upa>few of these i will transfer it back to you from my account.>*nvrquit2* (6:43:13 PM): s/n?amount?>*StudP0ker* (6:43:39 PM): Cro_for_life is his username its a $44 stake>*StudP0ker* (6:44:03 PM): im deep in 2 of these im in>*StudP0ker* (6:44:14 PM): would be nice to win it>*StudP0ker* (6:44:56 PM): $594 for first place.>*StudP0ker* (6:45:29 PM): also let me know when you start up your firstgame>>*nvrquit2* (6:45:35 PM): who is this?>*StudP0ker* (6:45:58 PM): its pokerpro from PTP>*StudP0ker* (6:46:06 PM): I just staked you on the site>*StudP0ker* (6:48:10 PM): Hello?>*StudP0ker* (6:49:19 PM): ?????>*nvrquit2* (6:49:52 PM): sorry send me a pm on ptp please with details>*StudP0ker* (6:50:50 PM): if i could get that much down i could send it to>him but these tables keep coming up im 6 tabling atm>*StudP0ker* (6:51:51 PM): I just staked him for 4 180 mans but stars is>running slow and im 6 tabling so its quite difficult to do anything atm>*nvrquit2* (6:52:16 PM): sorry man but your ptp profile says a differentaim>name>*StudP0ker* (6:52:44 PM): Yes thats one of my old ones nvrquit dont go on>that one anymore.>*StudP0ker* (6:53:27 PM): If you could please help me out with it id>appreciate it.>*StudP0ker* (6:54:29 PM): I got your PM>*nvrquit2* (6:54:36 PM): no offense man, but i dont know who you are. send>me a pm on ptp and i will gladly do it>*StudP0ker* (6:55:00 PM): Bro i just staked you.>*StudP0ker* (6:55:04 PM): you are new to the site>*StudP0ker* (6:56:36 PM): Just help me out and send it over to him andonce>i finish these sngs i will send you the 44 for our stake.>*nvrquit2* (6:57:36 PM): who recommended me to you?>*StudP0ker* (7:00:06 PM): Jerok bro.. Can you please do it for me or iwill>consider this the worst choice i made by staking a new player to the site>*StudP0ker* (7:00:13 PM): Doesnt even do what i tell to do with MY money>*StudP0ker* (7:00:54 PM): I'm going to make a file complainant on PTPabout>you respecting stakees money..>*nvrquit2* (7:02:32 PM): come on man, ive 6 tabled 6max before and i know>you can easily send money if you have to. if anything you should be happyim>being caution with your money. if would like to end the stake i will send>you back the money to the account which you sent it from>*StudP0ker* (7:03:20 PM): Its not that i cant its that my pokerstars isnot>responding and if i were to click it again my whole tables are going to go>into not responding mode.>*StudP0ker* (7:03:44 PM): No i would like you to play the stake its just>that i need to send this horse the money before the tournament he is toplay>within 7 minutes>*nvrquit2* (7:04:02 PM): send me a pm on ptp>*StudP0ker* (7:04:06 PM): That is why im asking you to do the favour forme>and once i finish these sngs i will be able to reboot>*StudP0ker* (7:04:54 PM): I closed parttime to try and resolve the CPUusage>but no help now i cant even open my explorer i really need a reboot but am>running deep in these and blinds quite hectic>*StudP0ker* (7:05:32 PM): One of the tournaments i staked the horse in>starts within 5 minutes now and i need to get the money over to him.. That>is why i need you to do the favour for me..>*nvrquit2* (7:05:52 PM): you said you were staking in 440s>*StudP0ker* (7:06:17 PM): ???>*StudP0ker* (7:06:30 PM): its 4 $10 mtts i staked him for..>*nvrquit2* (7:07:15 PM): *StudP0ker* (6:51:51 PM): I just staked him for 4>180 mans but stars is running slow and im 6 tabling so its quite difficult>to do anything atm>*StudP0ker* (7:07:46 PM): 4$11 mtt>*StudP0ker* (7:08:01 PM): i am in 180 mans>*nvrquit2* (7:08:12 PM): shit aint adding up>*StudP0ker* (7:09:28 PM): The tourney starts in 2 minutes if he does not>recieve the money, im going to have to file a bad complainant stakee as i>asked you to help me out and send to him as i cannot>*StudP0ker* (7:09:57 PM): As soon as i finish these im going to rebootthan>send to you the 44 you sent to him..>*StudP0ker* (7:10:38 PM): Please help me out with it hes a really goodhorse>and i think he can do well in the 40k tourney>*nvrquit2* (7:11:46 PM): if you gotta file a complaint then do it, i will>send you your money back>*StudP0ker* (7:12:17 PM): Okay I will do that and assure me you will never>recieve a stake again.. also ship it back>*StudP0ker* (7:12:40 PM): J.R,C,A. 92>*StudP0ker* (7:13:17 PM): Ship the money to me immediatly>*StudP0ker* (7:14:06 PM): HELLO>*StudP0ker* (7:14:37 PM): return me the stake money>*StudP0ker* (7:14:44 PM): J.R,C,A. 92>*StudP0ker* (7:15:10 PM): hello ?>*nvrquit2* (7:15:39 PM): city?>*nvrquit2* (7:16:21 PM): city on stars?>*nvrquit2* (7:16:58 PM): to confirm im shipping back to the right place>*nvrquit2* (7:18:13 PM): ?>*StudP0ker* (7:18:48 PM): Illinios>*nvrquit2* (7:19:01 PM): shipped>*StudP0ker* (7:20:00 PM): did you end the stake ?>*nvrquit2* (7:20:28 PM): i sent you your money back>*StudP0ker* (7:20:46 PM): I havent recieved yet.>*nvrquit2* (7:21:08 PM): well i just sent so give it a min
it was all a scam. he changed one letter in the i.d. i ****ed up :club: >*nvrquit2* (6:35:11 PM): hi>*StudP0ker* (6:35:25 PM): You recieve the stake ?>*nvrquit2* (6:35:27 PM): yes ty>*StudP0ker* (6:35:44 PM): YW when do you plan to get started?>*nvrquit2* (6:36:25 PM): i might run a few tonight, but def all day>tomorrow, starting around 9 or 10am pst>*nvrquit2* (6:36:45 PM): one question about the real thread, what do ipost>in there?>*nvrquit2* (6:36:52 PM): real=rail>*StudP0ker* (6:37:24 PM): In the rail you post a bankroll stats any key>hands and the first hand of each sng and the last/bust hand of each sng>*StudP0ker* (6:38:07 PM): Just copy and paste the hands from the hand>history>*nvrquit2* (6:38:11 PM): so bankroll including the coupld bucks i have in>there or just your stake money?>*StudP0ker* (6:38:26 PM): Just the stake money.>*nvrquit2* (6:39:14 PM): k>*nvrquit2* (6:39:22 PM): hope i can make us some lott>*nvrquit2* (6:39:24 PM): loot>*StudP0ker* (6:39:44 PM): Yeah im hoping for that as well>*nvrquit2* (6:39:49 PM): why post 1st hand?>*StudP0ker* (6:40:08 PM): Just the regulations of the rail>*StudP0ker* (6:40:16 PM): its so the tournament id is visible and so that>its show>*nvrquit2* (6:40:21 PM): ok so just raw hh?>*StudP0ker* (6:40:24 PM): Just standard for a rail>*StudP0ker* (6:40:35 PM): Yeah any big pots that your are involved in>*nvrquit2* (6:40:42 PM): ok>*StudP0ker* (6:41:29 PM): But im in too many games right now and i just>staked another player and cant really transfer over to him right nowtables>poping up like crazy all over the place..>*StudP0ker* (6:41:45 PM): Can you send him the funds and once i finish upa>few of these i will transfer it back to you from my account.>*nvrquit2* (6:43:13 PM): s/n?amount?>*StudP0ker* (6:43:39 PM): Cro_for_life is his username its a $44 stake>*StudP0ker* (6:44:03 PM): im deep in 2 of these im in>*StudP0ker* (6:44:14 PM): would be nice to win it>*StudP0ker* (6:44:56 PM): $594 for first place.>*StudP0ker* (6:45:29 PM): also let me know when you start up your firstgame>>*nvrquit2* (6:45:35 PM): who is this?>*StudP0ker* (6:45:58 PM): its pokerpro from PTP>*StudP0ker* (6:46:06 PM): I just staked you on the site>*StudP0ker* (6:48:10 PM): Hello?>*StudP0ker* (6:49:19 PM): ?????>*nvrquit2* (6:49:52 PM): sorry send me a pm on ptp please with details>*StudP0ker* (6:50:50 PM): if i could get that much down i could send it to>him but these tables keep coming up im 6 tabling atm>*StudP0ker* (6:51:51 PM): I just staked him for 4 180 mans but stars is>running slow and im 6 tabling so its quite difficult to do anything atm>*nvrquit2* (6:52:16 PM): sorry man but your ptp profile says a differentaim>name>*StudP0ker* (6:52:44 PM): Yes thats one of my old ones nvrquit dont go on>that one anymore.>*StudP0ker* (6:53:27 PM): If you could please help me out with it id>appreciate it.>*StudP0ker* (6:54:29 PM): I got your PM>*nvrquit2* (6:54:36 PM): no offense man, but i dont know who you are. send>me a pm on ptp and i will gladly do it>*StudP0ker* (6:55:00 PM): Bro i just staked you.>*StudP0ker* (6:55:04 PM): you are new to the site>*StudP0ker* (6:56:36 PM): Just help me out and send it over to him andonce>i finish these sngs i will send you the 44 for our stake.>*nvrquit2* (6:57:36 PM): who recommended me to you?>*StudP0ker* (7:00:06 PM): Jerok bro.. Can you please do it for me or iwill>consider this the worst choice i made by staking a new player to the site>*StudP0ker* (7:00:13 PM): Doesnt even do what i tell to do with MY money>*StudP0ker* (7:00:54 PM): I'm going to make a file complainant on PTPabout>you respecting stakees money..>*nvrquit2* (7:02:32 PM): come on man, ive 6 tabled 6max before and i know>you can easily send money if you have to. if anything you should be happyim>being caution with your money. if would like to end the stake i will send>you back the money to the account which you sent it from>*StudP0ker* (7:03:20 PM): Its not that i cant its that my pokerstars isnot>responding and if i were to click it again my whole tables are going to go>into not responding mode.>*StudP0ker* (7:03:44 PM): No i would like you to play the stake its just>that i need to send this horse the money before the tournament he is toplay>within 7 minutes>*nvrquit2* (7:04:02 PM): send me a pm on ptp>*StudP0ker* (7:04:06 PM): That is why im asking you to do the favour forme>and once i finish these sngs i will be able to reboot>*StudP0ker* (7:04:54 PM): I closed parttime to try and resolve the CPUusage>but no help now i cant even open my explorer i really need a reboot but am>running deep in these and blinds quite hectic>*StudP0ker* (7:05:32 PM): One of the tournaments i staked the horse in>starts within 5 minutes now and i need to get the money over to him.. That>is why i need you to do the favour for me..>*nvrquit2* (7:05:52 PM): you said you were staking in 440s>*StudP0ker* (7:06:17 PM): ???>*StudP0ker* (7:06:30 PM): its 4 $10 mtts i staked him for..>*nvrquit2* (7:07:15 PM): *StudP0ker* (6:51:51 PM): I just staked him for 4>180 mans but stars is running slow and im 6 tabling so its quite difficult>to do anything atm>*StudP0ker* (7:07:46 PM): 4$11 mtt>*StudP0ker* (7:08:01 PM): i am in 180 mans>*nvrquit2* (7:08:12 PM): shit aint adding up>*StudP0ker* (7:09:28 PM): The tourney starts in 2 minutes if he does not>recieve the money, im going to have to file a bad complainant stakee as i>asked you to help me out and send to him as i cannot>*StudP0ker* (7:09:57 PM): As soon as i finish these im going to rebootthan>send to you the 44 you sent to him..>*StudP0ker* (7:10:38 PM): Please help me out with it hes a really goodhorse>and i think he can do well in the 40k tourney>*nvrquit2* (7:11:46 PM): if you gotta file a complaint then do it, i will>send you your money back>*StudP0ker* (7:12:17 PM): Okay I will do that and assure me you will never>recieve a stake again.. also ship it back>*StudP0ker* (7:12:40 PM): J.R,C,A. 92>*StudP0ker* (7:13:17 PM): Ship the money to me immediatly>*StudP0ker* (7:14:06 PM): HELLO>*StudP0ker* (7:14:37 PM): return me the stake money>*StudP0ker* (7:14:44 PM): J.R,C,A. 92>*StudP0ker* (7:15:10 PM): hello ?>*nvrquit2* (7:15:39 PM): city?>*nvrquit2* (7:16:21 PM): city on stars?>*nvrquit2* (7:16:58 PM): to confirm im shipping back to the right place>*nvrquit2* (7:18:13 PM): ?>*StudP0ker* (7:18:48 PM): Illinios>*nvrquit2* (7:19:01 PM): shipped>*StudP0ker* (7:20:00 PM): did you end the stake ?>*nvrquit2* (7:20:28 PM): i sent you your money back>*StudP0ker* (7:20:46 PM): I havent recieved yet.>*nvrquit2* (7:21:08 PM): well i just sent so give it a min
Those two spots are where I see it...
Run me through how this scam works.You lost $44?
Full explanation:Guy stakes Nvr $88. Ships from a ridiculously stupid screenname. Nvr gets IM from person he's never seen claiming he is the staker, because the stake is in a public place, asking him to ship half the money to someone else, and has some information about the stake to give credibility. Nvr skeptical, gets threatened with being reported with a complaint to the site, decides to just ship back, name looks similar and had no city to confirm since the money was shipped to him and not the other way, the guy has an account which is almost exactly named like the stakers. Probably halfway to Mexico with the money by now.Nvr, try sending the following to Star support under urgent:Link to Stake thread from the site.IM log as you've posted here.Screenshot of Transaction History.Link to this thread.The guy is a scammer, obviously, and is doing this more than just once. Report the Stars name to the site, and report it to Stars support as well. All under URGENT: subject.
yeah nvrquit29 (victoria)
glad i checked. Apparently nvrquit is in Whitetail. That woulda been kind of ironic. I hope you posted on the staking site warning other players of this issue.
glad i checked. Apparently nvrquit is in Whitetail. That woulda been kind of ironic. I hope you posted on the staking site warning other players of this issue.
thanks for the help GWC
I'd love to see someone get halfway to mexico with 44 bucks.
I live in southern california.the train that takes me halfway to mexico is $8.25.
I live in southern california.the train that takes me halfway to mexico is $8.25.
I'll go ahead and take the odds that the majority of people live elsewhere.
thanks for the help GWC
gl
I'll go ahead and take the odds that the majority of people live elsewhere.
What kind of odds would lay on how many people would want to live in SoCal?

I shipped to the wrong name once on stars and they reversed the transfer. I also believe that the account that I accidentally shipped too hadnt been played in a while which helped my cause. Their support is great so chances are they will eventually help you.

I shipped to the wrong name once on stars and they reversed the transfer. I also believe that the account that I accidentally shipped too hadnt been played in a while which helped my cause. Their support is great so chances are they will eventually help you.
isnt this like the easiest reverse scam ever if they'll send it back if you claim it went to the wrong name and then they give it right back? There was a mega thread about sheets trying to sent belowabove money and sending it to the wrong name, and im almost positive sheets never got it back
isnt this like the easiest reverse scam ever if they'll send it back if you claim it went to the wrong name and then they give it right back? There was a mega thread about sheets trying to sent belowabove money and sending it to the wrong name, and im almost positive sheets never got it back
That was on FTP so lol, gl anyways.I'm fairly certain they'll only do this once and that's if the account has been inactive for quite awhile.
That was on FTP so lol, gl anyways.I'm fairly certain they'll only do this once and that's if the account has been inactive for quite awhile.
oh, this was on stars, i suck at reading. I feel like the same principle should apply anyway, when you're going to do a transfer you need to make sure you know for sure what the account you're sending to is, and the location, it sucks if you get scammed, but there are easily ways to verify that the exact account is who you think it is.
oh, this was on stars, i suck at reading. I feel like the same principle should apply anyway, when you're going to do a transfer you need to make sure you know for sure what the account you're sending to is, and the location, it sucks if you get scammed, but there are easily ways to verify that the exact account is who you think it is.
Ya I def agree, unfortunately people fall for this same trick far too often.

This won't help OP since he was scammed, but on FTP if someone accidentally ships to the wrong person, FTP support will email them and ask them to ship the money back.Mark