• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSNBC is far left, CNN not that much, and FOX pretty much right wing though not as far right as many people think. Of course this is just my opinion which to many people here isn't worth that much.
I agree on this. I watch them all, check the websites daily, etc., and have found that most people I talk to who think Fox is as right wing as you can get actually don't watch it and the opinion is based solely on what they are told. These people tend to find themselves smack in that pointless/worthless column I am so fond of these days.
I agree on this. I watch them all, check the websites daily, etc., and have found that most people I talk to who think Fox is as right wing as you can get actually don't watch it and the opinion is based solely on what they are told. These people tend to find themselves smack in that pointless/worthless column I am so fond of these days.
Fox just happens to have three of the loudest, most obnoxious ultra-conservatives (Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly....listed in order from most to least obnoxious) as main commentators which taints the rest of the network. I also guarantee you many liberals think Rush Limbaugh is a part of the Fox News tree (mainly those who like you said have never seen it). fox and friends is also pretty bad. but the main newscast is more about flashing lights and pretty graphs than conservative dogma.MSNBC is basically useless. CNN gets a terrible and undeserved rap. They are not nearly as far left as they are portrayed.If you want a completely unbiased news source, read the USA today. thats about it.
Fox just happens to have three of the loudest, most obnoxious ultra-conservatives (Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly....listed in order from most to least obnoxious) as main commentators which taints the rest of the network. I also guarantee you many liberals think Rush Limbaugh is a part of the Fox News tree (mainly those who like you said have never seen it). fox and friends is also pretty bad. but the main newscast is more about flashing lights and pretty graphs than conservative dogma.MSNBC is basically useless. CNN gets a terrible and undeserved rap. They are not nearly as far left as they are portrayed.If you want a completely unbiased news source, read the USA today. thats about it.
You just lost about 20 "take this guy serious" points.Maybe 25.

BTWI just married off my last daughter last night.Very nice wedding etc.Now I am driving them to LAX to fly to Maui for thier honeymoon.

BTWI just married off my last daughter last night.Very nice wedding etc.Now I am driving them to LAX to fly to Maui for thier honeymoon.
Congratulations...I think. Is congratulations the right terminology here?
You just lost about 20 "take this guy serious" points.Maybe 25.
why. its basically just wire stories and pretty colors. I didnt say "good" news source. Just as close to unbiased as you will probably get.
Congrats man. You a grandfather yet? :club:
why. its basically just wire stories and pretty colors. I didnt say "good" news source. Just as close to unbiased as you will probably get.
you probably better quit before you get into negative "take this guy serious" points
but the main newscast is more about flashing lights and pretty graphs than conservative dogma.MSNBC is basically useless. CNN gets a terrible and undeserved rap. They are not nearly as far left as they are portrayed.If you want a completely unbiased news source, read the USA today. thats about it.
That's what I really have a issue with, is not the pundit shows, but the immensely dumbed down news. And that's really the effect they had on the other networks, wasn't making them more conservative, but making them all more sensationalistic. All of the american news networks are dumbed down and sensationalistic, to a greater or lesser extent, which is why I usually watch BBC America news or Newshour, because at least they don't insult my intelligence with 80 hours of octomom coverage a week.
How were the ballons at the reception? Gratuitous?
congrats Rob. but you should send them in a hot air balloon.
I have to respond, because Hannity is the only ultra-conservative, O'Reilly is independent and is all over the place(though it is fair to say that he does share a lot of views with the ultra-conservatives), but Beck is a libertarian, his act has grown old to me recently, but he has had the most intelligent guests on his show which of course means not very many liberals :club: He has on Penn Gillette a lot which I enjoy. Cnn, meh, at least as much left wing as Fox is right wing on their programming, but they do have on other points of view and have a few reporters who will go after a story. Anderson Cooper is the very essence of yellow journalism. He is neck and neck with Keith Olberman(at least Olberman is somewhat entertaining) for most ultra liberal. USA today is liberal, or to be fair, I should say they used to be. I haven't read them in a long time. They also used to have fantastic sports sections which frequently ran high quality in depth features. I miss that old sports page.
That's what I really have a issue with, is not the pundit shows, but the immensely dumbed down news. And that's really the effect they had on the other networks, wasn't making them more conservative, but making them all more sensationalistic. All of the american news networks are dumbed down and sensationalistic, to a greater or lesser extent, which is why I usually watch BBC America news or Newshour, because at least they don't insult my intelligence with 80 hours of octomom coverage a week.
QFT, I just wish there was more reliable sources other than BBC, Newshour, which are leftwing. I guess we have to blame the dumbing down on the news on the dumbing down of america, because they wouldn't be showing this junk if people weren't watching.
Congrats man. You a grandfather yet? :club:
My step daughter has 3 kids, so I've been a grandfather for 18 years.My youngest who got married last year is pregnant. I drove her to LAX for a 1 am flight to Singapore to visit her husband who is getting shore leave in a couple days there.She was throwing up from morning sickness in the hotel room 10 minutes before I drove her to get on a 16 hour plane flight. We upgraded her to elite class so she could throw up in the nicer bathroom on the plane. I let her husband pay for the upgrade( only $250)Thanks for all the good wishes everyone.
QFT, I just wish there was more reliable sources other than BBC, Newshour, which are leftwing. I guess we have to blame the dumbing down on the news on the dumbing down of america, because they wouldn't be showing this junk if people weren't watching.
Yeah, there is no network with a New Republic sort of sensibility, IE intellectual conservatism. I would actually watch that.
I have to respond, because Hannity is the only ultra-conservative, O'Reilly is independent and is all over the place(though it is fair to say that he does share a lot of views with the ultra-conservatives), but Beck is a libertarian, his act has grown old to me recently, but he has had the most intelligent guests on his show which of course means not very many liberals :club: He has on Penn Gillette a lot which I enjoy. Cnn, meh, at least as much left wing as Fox is right wing on their programming, but they do have on other points of view and have a few reporters who will go after a story. Anderson Cooper is the very essence of yellow journalism. He is neck and neck with Keith Olberman(at least Olberman is somewhat entertaining) for most ultra liberal. USA today is liberal, or to be fair, I should say they used to be. I haven't read them in a long time. They also used to have fantastic sports sections which frequently ran high quality in depth features. I miss that old sports page.
I think that's closer to being correct. Although Beck makes some good points. Beck basically thinks the way the government is going the country is done. And he could be right because we are going bankrupt and the health care is about to be destroyed also. But I still believe in the ability of the voters to realize this isn't the way to go and they will hopefully fix things in time.

I think people are using the terms " Ultra-Liberal" and "Ultra-Conservative" incorrectly, and what they really mean is "ultra-partisan". I don't think people like Hannity, Limbaugh or Oberman. represent the far extreme's of their party. If anything , they are the voices of the core of their respective parties. Otherwise, why would Limbaugh have such a massive listenership? If Obermann was really an extreme leftist, they wouldn't put him on air on corporate television, because he'd be too controversial and get too poor of ratings. You think MSNBC would give Chomsky a talk show? Guys like KO and Hannity are cheerleaders for their respected parties and attack dogs of the other party. They are complete and utter partisan hacks, who turn politics into a combination of sporting event and soap opera, where the other side is the bad guy villain, and they do everything they can to attack them. Just because KO is in the bag for the democrats, doesn't make his politics so extreme. Granted, he's not a Clintonian moderate, but he's not a indymedia activist either. Amy Goodman is an example of an Ultra-leftist journalist. The John Birth Society is an example of ultra conservative pundits. The guys on fox and MSNBC are just cheerleaders, not revolutionaries.

I think people are using the terms " Ultra-Liberal" and "Ultra-Conservative" incorrectly, and what they really mean is "ultra-partisan". I don't think people like Hannity, Limbaugh or Oberman. represent the far extreme's of their party. If anything , they are the voices of the core of their respective parties. Otherwise, why would Limbaugh have such a massive listenership? If Obermann was really an extreme leftist, they wouldn't put him on air on corporate television, because he'd be too controversial and get too poor of ratings. You think MSNBC would give Chomsky a talk show? Guys like KO and Hannity are cheerleaders for their respected parties and attack dogs of the other party. They are complete and utter partisan hacks, who turn politics into a combination of sporting event and soap opera, where the other side is the bad guy villain, and they do everything they can to attack them. Just because KO is in the bag for the democrats, doesn't make his politics so extreme. Granted, he's not a Clintonian moderate, but he's not a indymedia activist either. Amy Goodman is an example of an Ultra-leftist journalist. The John Birth Society is an example of ultra conservative pundits. The guys on fox and MSNBC are just cheerleaders, not revolutionaries.
Didn't MSNBC have to remove KO during the Election because he was too biased?MSNBC clearly targets the more Left thinking viewers, while Fox appeals to more Conservative viewers their selection of talking heads reflects their respective target markets.