Long time no see in this section, how you all doin'?President Obama Attacks FOX NewsIs he right, I think yes but when you have every other TV network's collective heads buried far up your ass don't biotch about the one that may say things you don't like.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time no see in this section, how you all doin'?President Obama Attacks FOX NewsIs he right, I think yes but when you have every other TV network's collective heads buried far up your ass don't biotch about the one that may say things you don't like.
I mean, yeah, Fox News job is basically to attack anything Obama/Democrats/liberals do.Of course, from 2005-2008, MSNBC's sole purpose on this planet was to point out every misstep of Bush/Cheney/Republicans made so I don't get it. I think I would have to know what prompted this response (what was the interviewer's question) from Obama to know if it is whining or just a statement of fact.
Is he right, I think yes but when you have every other TV network's collective heads buried far up your ass don't biotch about the one that may say things you don't like.
QFTWhat, 5/6 isn't enough for him? His ideas can't stand up to *any* dissent? Are they really that weak?While he was at it, did he mention his sweetheart "no dissent" ABC News infomercial for his program?See, I'd love it if my views were discussed on national TV, because I know they can stand on their own. What is Obama afraid of?

Yeah but this is out of context, and the headline is deliberately misleading. He wasn't just complaining about Fox News off-hand. He was asked in an interview to respond to the view that media was not being critical enough of his administration. "It's very hard for me to swallow that one," Obama told CNBC when asked whether he thinks the media is too easy on him. "First of all, I've got one television station entirely devoted to attacking my administration."and then added that "We welcome people who are asking us some, you know, tough questions."

I'm all for dissenting opinions. I just want mainstream media to stop encouraging people to get angry at the slightest mention of policy decisions by this or that politician. we need rational, thoughtful debate.

Yeah but this is out of context, and the headline is deliberately misleading. He wasn't just complaining about Fox News off-hand. He was asked in an interview to respond to the view that media was not being critical enough of his administration. "It's very hard for me to swallow that one," Obama told CNBC when asked whether he thinks the media is too easy on him. "First of all, I've got one television station entirely devoted to attacking my administration."and then added that "We welcome people who are asking us some, you know, tough questions."
that makes more sense. and that's fair. Most of the media is up his butt but one particularly big segment hates his guts. Fair and balanced?
that makes more sense. and that's fair. Most of the media is up his butt but one particularly big segment hates his guts. Fair and balanced?
Interesting that one segment is gaining viewers and one is losing them daily. Say what you want about people in general, but for the most part if you ****ing outright lie to them all damn day eventually they will leave. If fair and balanced is willing to lie to the people, then no, Fox is not fair and balanced. At all. Thanks God.
Interesting that one segment is gaining viewers and one is losing them daily. Say what you want about people in general, but for the most part if you ****ing outright lie to them all damn day eventually they will leave. If fair and balanced is willing to lie to the people, then no, Fox is not fair and balanced. At all. Thanks God.
it may be that, I don't know, one is way more entertaining than the other?the hate hannity hotline did make me laugh pretty hard

He shouldn't be complaining all the other networks think that there is nothing wrong with trying to bankrupt the nation. NBC is owned by the Democrats, CNN is owned by Clinton. It's not like neither of those are going to really try and tell the truth either.

Although when Glenn Beck was on HLN(a CNN network) you didn't hear any complaining about him from the democrats or any of the networks. He was getting ratings for HLN and even though he was a crazy right wing he was their crazy right wing. I also do find it funny that Fox's ratings outnumber the other major cable news networks 2:1.

I'm all for dissenting opinions. I just want mainstream media to stop encouraging people to get angry at the slightest mention of policy decisions by this or that politician. we need rational, thoughtful debate.
That's funny the national media wanted just the opposite the last 8 years under Bush. What we need is politicians that realize that throwing our money at stuff isn't going to solve anything. The government needs to be completely remodeled or we will go bankrupt and have a complete take over by China.
That's funny the national media wanted just the opposite the last 8 years under Bush. What we need is politicians that realize that throwing our money at stuff isn't going to solve anything. The government needs to be completely remodeled or we will go bankrupt and have a complete take over by China.
NickZepp: answering the call for rational discourse

Do you guys really think Fox NEWS is biased?Or just the commentators who's opinions do not necessarily represent the views of the management, subsidiaries or familes of the Murdoch empire?Who by the way voted for Obama.

Do you guys really think Fox NEWS is biased?Or just the commentators who's opinions do not necessarily represent the views of the management, subsidiaries or familes of the Murdoch empire?Who by the way voted for Obama.
Murdoch owns it, but the guy who runs it, Roger Ailes, is a Republican.Employees received a memo from Ailes in October that they and their families were expected to "vote appropriately" if their tenure at Fox was important to them.(this last sentence was fictional. but he is a republican. )
Murdoch owns it, but the guy who runs it, Roger Ailes, is a Republican.Employees received a memo from Ailes in October that they and their families were expected to "vote appropriately" if their tenure at Fox was important to them.
Roger Ailes 'discovered' Rush Limbaugh..which makes him a genius. And fwiw, I think Rush's numbers go up with a democrat to mock in the WH. So the 'appropriate' way to make them money would be to vote for Hillary or Obama
Roger Ailes 'discovered' Rush Limbaugh..which makes him a genius. And fwiw, I think Rush's numbers go up with a democrat to mock in the WH. So the 'appropriate' way to make them money would be to vote for Hillary or Obama
Man how true. Fox and Rush's numbers went down when Clinton left office but they 'Rushed' through the roof when Obama took office. When Obama won, I wouldn't be surprised if Rush had a tiny bit of his wallet screaming, "SHOW ME THE MONEY!"
Get the fuck out of this forum with that hippy talk.
I don't think Murdoch gives a crap about anything but making money. If he thought he could have made a buck buy starting Chomsky news, he would have. Given the success of conservative talk radio, pushing forward a conservative news channel was a no brainer in the market Fox news was launched in, from a business point of view.
I don't think Murdoch gives a crap about anything but making money. If he thought he could have made a buck buy starting Chomsky news, he would have. Given the success of conservative talk radio, pushing forward a conservative news channel was a no brainer in the market Fox news was launched in, from a business point of view.
Fox News is obviously far right but it's not as far right as MSNBC and CNN are far left. There is no central news channel. Fox is the closest of the 3.
Ummm, Yes.
Fox News is obviously far right but it's not as far right as MSNBC and CNN are far left. There is no central news channel. Fox is the closest of the 3.
When you say things like that it just makes you seem insane. Fox News isn't the most centrist, it's just the one most like your views, which are so far to the right that they make fox news appear centrist.

MSNBC is far left, CNN not that much, and FOX pretty much right wing though not as far right as many people think. Of course this is just my opinion which to many people here isn't worth that much.