Is It A Sin If...

you kill insects?Do they have souls? If I purposely killed a bug does that make me bad in the eyes of the Lord? Is there a way for me to be forgiven?I was thinking about this last night when I aggressively killed the largest flying beetle I had ever seen. He somehow came to be in our house and he freaked me out so I took my shoe and beat him to death. I felt no sorrow or sadness, the damn thing scared the crap out of me and we don't allow bugs to just move in.It made me remember when I was a youngin', back when I was learning how to count to really high numbers, and I would practice by killing ants with my soccer ball on the driveway and count them as they perished. So my question is, since I am not the Christian, is if this is a sin? Or does it only work for killing humans. I mean, aren't all creatures gods creatures? Or are bugs the work of the devil? ( it wouldn't surprise me since I really hate bugs and believe they are evil) I really don't know what the answer is. I think I do but I have been wrong before so instead of making an assumption I would like to hear what others think.

Isn't like everybody sinning all the time, even monks and nuns and shit? Isn't that the whole point of the religion kind of? God made us, we sinned, something something, Jesus died for us and now we can all go around sinning and apologizing. Is that incorrect?Buddhism is the only major religion I know of that is concerned with (and for) bugs. Hinduism might be similar in that regard, I dunno.

Isn't like everybody sinning all the time, even monks and nuns and shit? Isn't that the whole point of the religion kind of? God made us, we sinned, something something, Jesus died for us and now we can all go around sinning and apologizing. Is that incorrect?Buddhism is the only major religion I know of that is concerned with (and for) bugs. Hinduism might be similar in that regard, I dunno.
See that is where I get messed up. My uber religious friends always bitch at me about my sins, so why would they care because of what you said above and the fact that they sin just as much if not more than I do. Maybe because I am NOT a Christian I am bound by different rules?
The guys who get really crazy about this are the Jains. They wear masks to avoid accidentally inhaling any small life forms. They also carry these little brooms to brush the path in front of them so as not to kill any bugs. page10_blog_entry586_5.jpg
you kill insects?Do they have souls? If I purposely killed a bug does that make me bad in the eyes of the Lord? Is there a way for me to be forgiven?I was thinking about this last night when I aggressively killed the largest flying beetle I had ever seen. He somehow came to be in our house and he freaked me out so I took my shoe and beat him to death. I felt no sorrow or sadness, the damn thing scared the crap out of me and we don't allow bugs to just move in.It made me remember when I was a youngin', back when I was learning how to count to really high numbers, and I would practice by killing ants with my soccer ball on the driveway and count them as they perished. So my question is, since I am not the Christian, is if this is a sin? Or does it only work for killing humans. I mean, aren't all creatures gods creatures? Or are bugs the work of the devil? ( it wouldn't surprise me since I really hate bugs and believe they are evil) I really don't know what the answer is. I think I do but I have been wrong before so instead of making an assumption I would like to hear what others think.
164528.jpgimo.

Whenever possible I try not to kill bugs...if I find one in the house I try to put it outside.

See that is where I get messed up. My uber religious friends always bitch at me about my sins.
I'm not sure how to put this...why would you be friends with people like that?
The guys who get really crazy about this are the Jains. They wear masks to avoid accidentally inhaling any small life forms. They also carry these little brooms to brush the path in front of them so as not to kill any bugs. page10_blog_entry586_5.jpg
do they have any idea how many innocent plants were slaughtered to make those fancy brooms and robes? heathens.
do they have any idea how many innocent plants were slaughtered to make those fancy brooms and robes? heathens.
extreme jainists won't even kill plants, they will just do stuff like pick fruit up off the ground. Some starve themselves to death as a form of religious expression. World's stupidest religion.
extreme jainists won't even kill plants, they will just do stuff like pick fruit up off the ground. Some starve themselves to death as a form of religious expression. World's stupidest religion.
I don't know, it sounds like it's the ultimate form of self loathing manifested into a religion. I could get into that.
There are monumentally stupid religions out there...I can at least understand the notion behind not wanting to kill living things.
There are monumentally stupid religions out there...I can at least understand the notion behind not wanting to kill living things.
Yeah exactly. At least they are consistent. Seems even more stupid to get in such a tizzy about fetuses but then swat flies all willy-nilly.

I was not aware the human skull was quite so fragile. Not in the early days. Protective case of the bodies most vital mush. Sure, the heart is more important for life. The lungs and other guts too. But what makes somebody somebody is the brain. The hardest part of the whole process wasn't physical at all. All that was easy. From start to finish. No problem. What was difficult was the noises. Those noises were tough. The cracking and the moaning and the gurgle gurgle. The pleading that started crisp and fast and urgent. When it got slower and the words were less comprehensible and thick with moist, it lost any sense of guile. No ego there. No cunning mind gasping quick shots of self-aware self-defense. It got real tough there. It wasn't so much that particular man pleading any more, but his body. His base instinctual mind. Moaning slow and childlike requests. Not even for mercy, really. Just for the cessation of that irrevocable damage. Slow and kind of far away. You can't wash sounds off your hands. You can't stitch a wounded mind or set a broken soul. It wasn't the first time. And goddammit, it won't be the last. I am all that stands between a darkness and a madness capable of swallowing this world whole. Or maybe I suffer a dark madness. I can't really tell. Not if I'm being honest with myself. I can't stop now though, despite how unprepared I am for this terrible responsibility. I am Paul Locke and I eat brains for angels. -- Part 1 of a 1 part story that I just now wrote that has nothing to do with anything, was typed off without any thought to plot, subtext, narrative, style, character development or informative or entertainment value. I hope someone hates it so much they print it off and eat it in a show of inappropriately hyperbolic protest. I hope they then choke on it and die. I hope the newspapers pick up the story and I catch a quick blurb of this strange death on my local news.

Isn't like everybody sinning all the time, even monks and nuns and shit? Isn't that the whole point of the religion kind of? God made us, we sinned, something something, Jesus died for us and now we can all go around sinning and apologizing. Is that incorrect?
You were almost correct.
Actually, Christians believe they were granted dominion over all animals by god. So if your Christian, you can kill all the animals you want and it is cool. Seems like even the torturing of animals is okay since they have dominion over them. But no butt sex with em. That crosses the line.
Whenever possible I try not to kill bugs...if I find one in the house I try to put it outside.I'm not sure how to put this...why would you be friends with people like that?
Liz takes the bugs she gets to before I do outside. I have a irrational fear of bugs so that is my excuse.Most of "those" people are not real good friends. Just people I know, they do it a joking way for the most part since they know where I stand. I did date a girl who was over the edge though and that was just bad. The most scared I had ever been was going to church with her once. Yikes. I believe the sign had "Friendly Evangelistic" written on it out front. I guess it was friendly but it got pretty whacked out frightening in there as well.

I don't kill most spiders because they kill lots of bugs...so is this mercy, or backdoor sin??And I already regret using the phrase backdoor sin in this forum.

And I already regret using the phrase backdoor sin in this forum.
I see a new sig file for somebody!
Buddhism is the only major religion I know of that is concerned with (and for) bugs. Hinduism might be similar in that regard, I dunno.
that feels like a silly way to put it to me. its more like having compassion for all living things because the distinctions between yourself and them are much more arbitrary than you think if they exist at all. however, the word compassion used in the context of Buddhism can be a little weird. it doesn't seem to mean like "being nice" but more like "respect and empathy". killing a bug for amusement is frowned upon but we can't have roaches crawling in the pantries.i aint like a buddhist monk or anything ive just read a lot about it and this is what ive gathered.